ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

SIT Sanditon Investment Trust Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Sanditon Investment Trust Plc LSE:SIT London Ordinary Share GB00BMPHJ807 ORD �0.01
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 90.00 88.00 92.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Sanditon Investment Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2851 to 2874 of 2875 messages
Chat Pages: 115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  105  104  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
22/11/2019
22:55
Getting nearer the big day. Trust everyone will behave!
cragdubh
17/11/2019
19:35
Couldn't agree more - also, if the market moves against you, decide whether you're wrong and to move on. They just couldn't do that with eg JE. You'd think after the example of the tech boom, they'd have had more sense, but memories are "short".
spectoacc
17/11/2019
13:22
I did hear that Sandition Asset Management was also closing down. Just found the story here. No doubt they will have received some compensation for transferring the AUM.
hxxps://www.moneyobserver.com/news/fund-manager-sanditon-to-wind-two-funds-moving-to-crux
A sad end, but their strategy was just trying to be too in clever in my view, and was found to be flawed!
Their shorting strategy reminds me of the phrase that the market can stay illogical for longer than you can stay solvent. Shorting overvalued growth stocks like Just Eat and Ocado was a very dangerous strategy. If they had shorted basket cases like Carillion and Interserve under a negative momentum strategy then that may have been a bit more successful.
Overall though, shorting is difficult and is best left left to higher risk hedgies....unless you are maybe buying index shorts to protect the rest of your portfolio at near market tops. That's the only thing I would consider on the shorting front.

topvest
16/11/2019
07:36
Thanks @topvest - so "about right" for the valuation, which means it was probably previously undervalued, since they're now losing the IT fees.

Curious what those remaining 20 positions are.

And why it's trading so close to NAV when there's clearly some costs (dealing, termination, legals, distribution) to come.

spectoacc
15/11/2019
20:57
The Company’s sole unlisted investment is its 20 per cent. holding in its Investment Manager, Sanditon Asset
Management PLC (the “SAM Holding”). The Board and the Investment Manager expect the SAM Holding to be realised
either by means of a buyback of shares by the Investment Manager or, in the event that an agreement on a buyback
cannot be reached for whatever reason, through the liquidation of the Investment Manager. In the event of a buyback,
the Board and the Investment Manager expect the price for the SAM Holding to be agreed on or around 5 December
2019 on the basis of the net realisable value of the SAM Holding. The Board and the Investment Manager do not expect
the difference in this price from the Company’s latest valuation of the SAM Holding included in its Annual Report and
Accounts for the year ended 30 June 2019 to be material to Shareholders in the context of the total Net Asset Value per
Ordinary Share to be realised.

topvest
15/11/2019
16:13
Are we going to get more than 90 in close down?
cragdubh
19/10/2019
12:27
Completely missed this but yes - the right outcome. That Just Eat short..........
spectoacc
18/10/2019
19:48
Paying about 2p in dividends and losing at least 10p in the £ over 5 years is not really something that should be allowed to continue. Happy enough to have my money back.
topvest
18/10/2019
19:47
Paying about 2p in dividends and losing at least 10p in the £ over 5 years is not really something that should be allowed to continue. Happy enough to have my money back.
topvest
18/10/2019
19:45
A sad end in prospect then, but the strategy has not been working well. Shorting the likes of Ocado has been a notable disaster. I'm not into shorting, but even I know that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent! In my view, shorting works much better on negative momentum companies doomed to failure and there have been plenty of those (e.g. Interserve, Carillion, Kier, anything Woodford owns etc.). At the end of the day, the strategy has been too clever - net result is a company having achieved very little since admission.
topvest
17/5/2019
12:27
100k director buy, but glad not to be in these anymore. NAV under 90p.
spectoacc
15/10/2018
13:01
NAV back over 95p, it's inching up there - still been a shocking perfomer tho, share price even more so than NAV.
spectoacc
12/10/2018
05:41
Is going to need a long run like that for that discount to narrow back down again. Only have an incidental holding left in SIT now.
spectoacc
11/10/2018
20:03
Yes, the annual report arrived this week as well. I must admit to thinking that their strategy may well start working. Their shorts are paying off (at last) and the longs are in value stocks and so are also out-performing.
topvest
11/10/2018
13:31
Looking forward to seeing if SIT NAV has benefited from this market rout. Wouldn't bet my pension on it!
spectoacc
29/6/2018
19:37
Totally agree @topvest. I know we're saying "Why didn't they short the things that have gone down" but there's clearly a case of being too clever by half - the longs, which have soared with the market, have been wrecked by taking punts on other stuff falling. When we get a bear market, the shorts might finally come in - but the longs then lose them a load of money.

Net effect - discount feels warranted.

spectoacc
29/6/2018
17:35
I’m still holding a few. I do think their strategy is proving a little too clever for their own good. Shorting Ocado is a dangerous game. Why didn’t they short more obvious targets like Debenhams, Interserve and Carillion? Shorting highly rated stocks is always a very dangerous and reckless game. They may be overvalued, but in a bull market they can still double or triple, and the right call may be years away. Ocado is also an interesting business model with success or failure ultimately quite unpredictable.
topvest
29/6/2018
13:23
75k director buy at 80p but marred by drop in NAV caused by revaluation of 20% stake in SAM. Can certainly argue that will work the other way if/when SIT is successful. However, for the time being, it isn't.

Reluctantly sold at a 10p NAV discount, though still stuck in some in another a/c so will keep an eye on them.

spectoacc
21/6/2018
12:49
Sinking again, last NAV was OK (c.91p) but are they still short OCDO? That walloped the recent recovery to c.95p NAV.
spectoacc
23/4/2018
16:37
NAV still going up despite FTSE having bounced - finally improving perhaps.
spectoacc
14/4/2018
17:16
Their shorts are probably starting to perform a tad better.
topvest
06/4/2018
07:31
Price ticked up, NAV ticked up, but still been a lot of value destruction.

Director buy of 120k at 83.5p the other week - wish I'd waited until then to buy! :)

spectoacc
02/3/2018
08:38
Didn't read anything that thrilled me in the Half Year Report - capital gone for good I'd say - and some doubt over value of SAM post-MIFID. Nothing new tho.

Reluctant to sell at a thumping discount but I reckon I'd ditch it on a dcb.

Continuation vote in 2020 may be something to look forward to if the discount persists.

spectoacc
01/3/2018
16:25
"Unsurprisingly given its net short position for most of 2017, its correlation
with the UK equity market since launch remains extremely low at 0.03x. "

You don't say.

spectoacc
Chat Pages: 115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  106  105  104  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock