ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

FEET Fundsmith Emerging Equities Trust Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Fundsmith Emerging Equities Trust Plc LSE:FEET London Ordinary Share GB00BLSNND18 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1,240.00 1,245.00 1,255.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Fundsmith Emerging Equit... Share Discussion Threads

Showing 501 to 521 of 525 messages
Chat Pages: 21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
13/12/2022
11:54
If anyone is in this situation -- FEET was very helpful in explaining why IG was wrong to proceed this way -- unlike for shares in individual companies, shares in unit trusts do not have to be listed for them to remain ISA elligible, i.e. 30 days post-delisting rule does not apply to them.

Shares in an investment trust are qualifying investments if the investment trust satisfies the requirement for investments.

Securities in an investment trust are qualifying investments if they meet the same conditions as those detailed for securities and before 1 July 2015, the investment trust satisfied the requirement for investments.

A company is an ‘investment trust’ if it is such a trust for the purposes of section 1158 of the Corporation and Taxes Act 2010.

Feel free to send me a message if you want to discuss further / have issues with IG in this matter, I am quite deep in the process of dealing with them on this.

datamatters
26/11/2022
15:38
I hold some FEET shares in my ISA. My broker (IG) has transferred these without consulting me outside of the ISA account into non-ISA trading account, claiming some alleged HMRC rule that prevents delisted security to be held within ISA for more than 30 days. This will mean I am to lose my ISA allowance in FEET. I'd be grateful to hear from others who hold this through liquidation in ISA, both within IG and elsewhere, how your broker treated this. Thank you.
datamatters
16/9/2022
07:34
Cold feet.
glavey
15/9/2022
21:45
My broker suggested payout is likely at the end on November btw
donald pond
15/9/2022
21:36
Emerging markets has been a poor place to invest over the last few years that's for sure. Maybe a turning point coming next year now that trusts are throwing in the towel? That's what normally happens!
topvest
15/9/2022
10:19
Appart, Thanks. I will reinvest into NANO...looks like aTakeover or a Trial outcome soon..
halfpenny
15/9/2022
09:51
Yes halfpenny I sold all mine yesterday. If you hold you'll get the cash value of the proceeds in 2 or 3 month (these things tend to stretch out) or you can sell now at the quoted bid price (1325p as I write).
apparition1
15/9/2022
09:27
When do shareholders get their money? Can stocks be sold in the market?
halfpenny
14/9/2022
18:00
Sold into the market at a 0.5% loss over 18 month holding. A bit disappointing as this was my only trust specifically in Emerging Markets and I can't see any other that excite me too much. I guess it might be time for me to look at some aspect of indexation in this area.
At least I was able to re-invest half the proceeds into topping up some of my other Global trusts. The question is what to do with the rest.

apparition1
14/9/2022
13:21
"Time in the market, not timing the market" - a fund industry favourite, and about as true as "It's different this time" :)

So agree, but for largely different reasons.

The 2000-2003 bear market was particularly grinding, & seems as apt as the mid-70s.

spectoacc
14/9/2022
13:08
I know its dangerous to think that we can time markets, but markets seem to be pricing in that inflation will all be done and dusted with a couple of small further interest rate increases. That's wishful thinking and highly unlikely in my view. I thought it took c6m for interest rate increases to have an impact anyway. It's all early days and interest rate reductions are some way off. Just a bit of a feeling that market participants are generally too young and too optmistic on inflation. This looks a 1974 repeat to me. Too young to remember it, but have read the similarities. This will likely grind away for a few years now that inflation is "out of the bottle" so to speak. My thought is that the FED may put in a shock 1% rate rise next week and that with the QE unwinds x2 this could cause a sticky few months to come.... as realisation dawns that there is no soft landing.
topvest
14/9/2022
12:25
I've sold in the market today. I'm not confident about markets in Q4 as I still think global markets have not yet bottomed. A liquidation in November is not appealing. Overall, about a 35% return in 8 years, so less than 5% per annum. Not good, but not a disaster.
topvest
14/9/2022
11:28
Interesting that FEET, JEFI, SGEM have all gone, and none have sold out at a particularly good time (not saying market won't go lower, but they're selling/sold considerably lower than recently).

Or is it a sign of the bottom of the Emerging Markets...

Or a sign of the top at Fundsmith.

spectoacc
14/9/2022
08:32
Feet up, relaxed :)
1liam
14/9/2022
08:02
Not sure whether to say "credit for recognising it and doing the right thing", or "what took you so long - we've been saying it for years", or "FEET was worth a few millions a year in fees to you, whereas £23bn Fundsmith is worth hundreds of millions, isn't this just a move to avoid the reputational damage of having such an under-performer".
spectoacc
20/6/2022
12:29
Not out of the question SSON may trade close to £10, wider markets depending.
essentialinvestor
19/6/2022
19:59
Much as I like T Smith, have to agree. He gets to rip 1.4% pa out of Fundsmith & whilst it's done fantastically for ages, does feel like we're now into the mean reversion stage.

1.4% when doing 15% pa seems OK (albeit he's having nearly 10% of your gains), but 1.4% when flat or down isn't too pleasant.

SSON/FEET are Fundsmith without the gains, & not entirely sure why (particularly in SSON's case).

spectoacc
31/5/2022
11:31
Unless that USD starts a downward trend then this is not going anywhere apart from side to down.
red army
31/5/2022
10:12
£12.92 NAV, c.15% discount. Not for me, but surely valued now nearer where it should be.
spectoacc
16/3/2022
11:20
Just sold my small trading holding at £11.40.

Have a small longer term holding, which is difficult to justify given underperformance,
but live in hope!,

Market sensing some type of breakthrough with Russia/Ukraine I'm guessing?.

essentialinvestor
16/3/2022
09:22
Good call on AAIF - China funds all dcb'ing c.10% this morning, not sure warranted!
spectoacc
Chat Pages: 21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock