ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

IQE Iqe Plc

0.05 (0.17%)
Last Updated: 09:12:52
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Iqe Plc LSE:IQE London Ordinary Share GB0009619924 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.05 0.17% 29.70 29.45 29.70 30.50 28.70 30.50 834,544 09:12:52
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Electronic Components, Nec 167.49M -74.54M -0.0775 -3.76 280.28M
Iqe Plc is listed in the Electronic Components sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker IQE. The last closing price for Iqe was 29.65p. Over the last year, Iqe shares have traded in a share price range of 12.32p to 32.55p.

Iqe currently has 961,504,577 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Iqe is £280.28 million. Iqe has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -3.76.

Iqe Share Discussion Threads

Showing 70626 to 70648 of 70650 messages
Chat Pages: 2826  2825  2824  2823  2822  2821  2820  2819  2818  2817  2816  2815  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
18/4/2024
09:23
crosswires - I'd go along with that.

Short term, the concern isn't just geopolitics IMHO. It's that - extrapolating from IQE's own outlook statement - we're set for yet another year of losses (albeit forecasting a significant improvement over FY 2023, which wouldn't be hard!).

Increasingly positive outlook statements will be needed this year if the share price is to retain/exceed its current level. That means RNSs with news of NEW orders, backed up by some firm numbers. Not just wishy washy extensions of existing partnerships, which to date have never turned things round.

lord loads of lolly
18/4/2024
07:18
I will be delighted if we remain in the 29/30p range for a while, I fear geopolitics may lead us lower. However it’s the long game I’m interested in.
crosswires
17/4/2024
18:30
Yep - gonna be tough in the short term. Reckon quite a few people will have cashed in on the 50% rise from Wednesday to Friday last week. Acknowledging the political uncertainty affecting all markets think we'll tread in a 29-31p range in the next few days/weeks.
votiem
16/4/2024
09:42
I guess it will be a tough market for a while at least with the indices at or near ATHs, and the Iran aspect likely to dominate the news for a while. What the world does not need is the middle east breaking out into a war along with Ukraine because you could argue at that point China might step up its pressure on Taiwan knowing that the USA may get stretched.
crosswires
16/4/2024
07:35
For those interested
Peter Rabbeni IQE VP is speaking at the big CS connected show in Brussels tomorrow ( IQE are a platinum sponsor)

Scroll down to his photo and click for the contents of his presentation on

GaN: Delivering on the Net-Zero Economics of an AI-Enabled Future

S

sweenoid
15/4/2024
21:02
boboty - obviously entirely up to you what you choose to believe.

I would just say if you look back over my posts, you’ll see I’ve been consistent on IQE for many years.

lord loads of lolly
15/4/2024
18:27
Llol - you’re missing my point - I want to know, and not assume, what our customers are reporting and their outlook. Could be super bullish or more pessimistic then we will get an idea if AL/IQE forecasts are conservative or just pie in the sky.
That’s all.

snaffleclamp
15/4/2024
17:24
Nothing wrong with posters bringing us back down to earth every now and then. We should welcome all opinions and come to our own conclusions. Just wish there had been a bit more negativity when I was buying heavily in the 40s 😁
bing_b
15/4/2024
17:20
I ageee Crosswires I was just about to post that it is about momentum, confidence and to the opposite extreme fear and we have seen both extremes with this share. We have seen the quickness of rises up and also down and hopefully the extreme decline has finally stopped for us long standing shareholders
shrimper2
15/4/2024
17:09
"Whilst I'm quite happy with the continuing share price strength, I can't see how the latest results or outlook statement justify it". I'm not sure I believe either of those assertions. A good deal of fear around from the usual suspects - I'm just happy to claw back a little of my losses.
boboty
15/4/2024
16:40
31.9 close, great start to the week, was fully expecting some consolidation today but perhaps that happened Friday afternoon. The downside was overdone and so perhaps the sharp snap back is not a surprise and let’s face it if you look at the 5 years chart, it’s what IQE does in both directions. Momentum is a powerful thing…
crosswires
15/4/2024
16:27
snaffleclamp - you miss my point. IQE have only just issued their outlook statement. And that'll reflect the latest feedback they've received from their customers re: future orders & prospects.

Whilst I'm quite happy with the continuing share price strength, I can't see how the latest results or outlook statement justify it. Perhaps shorters below the 0.5% reportable threshold had their fingers burned & bailed? Can't say I'll be shedding any tears for them if so!

lord loads of lolly
15/4/2024
16:16
It is a pity we can't jettison some of the negativity from some of our supposedly long term holders.Thank for your upbeat informative posts s.
ricatcoatham
15/4/2024
15:35
We've had liftoff already now jettisoning the afterburners as we continue our ascent
hutchmeister
15/4/2024
14:39
we have lift off
nickwild
15/4/2024
14:18
Llol The company might know - but we don’t do we!

DYOR

snaffleclamp
15/4/2024
12:57
Problem is that there is very little visibility on new customers, volumes and when we will see the company make some profits instead of losses
alotto
15/4/2024
11:03
sweenoid - we already know IQE's outlook statement. They published it less than a week ago!

They'll be talking to their customers regularly, so any positive outlook statement from these partners will have already been factored in.

lord loads of lolly
15/4/2024
09:26
One to watch

Of course IQE are the suppliers of the worlds 1st 8in GAN on Silicon wafer mentioned in the update from our strategic partner in the microled market..

The upcoming quarterly results due in 3-4 weeks from our customers Skyworks, Lumentum, Macom and Qorvo will tell us more about the inventory situation that plagued the semiconductor market in 2023. Things are looking brighter with inventories reducing but it would be great if that’s confirmed by these partners and others in the ‘space’, if those customers outlooks are positive then that’s very very positive for us.

S

sweenoid
15/4/2024
09:01
Brokers' forecasts are so unreliable as to be meaningless. They simply adjust them each time their analysis clashes with reality (i.e. often).

But even if £147m is there or thereabouts, that would be the LOWEST annual revenue since 2019 (barring last year's meltdown). So unless margins are substantially improved or revenues far exceed current expectations, we're in for yet another loss-making year.

I've said all along I was surprised at the speed & scale of the recent share price rerate, given FY results. Can't see it lasting, though I hope it does. More likely IMHO we'll see a gentle drift back down, followed by a more dramatic rerate when revenues & margins do eventually improve (which I think they will within the next 18 months).

And before anyone tells me markets are forward-looking, in my experience they really can't see much beyond the end of their nose.

lord loads of lolly
15/4/2024
08:30
Broker page updated. Forecast for 2024 is up by a few hundred thousand. Just above 147m predicted now as average of the 3 brokers. I think they will gradually raise figures based on market updates.
guildedge
14/4/2024
14:04
That was my question. If Silica based wafers (like those used by Meta) can be used to make chips that are as good as those made with compound semiconductors, and cheaper. In the affermative case, that will put the expensive compounds semi out of business. What I mean by moat is that the patented technologies not only are superior to cheaper options but also essential for widely used applications.
alotto
14/4/2024
11:28
Is this technology competing with IQE semiconductor technology? These chips seems to be based on Silica.
Does IQE have a strong enough moat?
IQE is approaching a valuation of 300 million pounds. That will need to be underpinned by some solid £10M PBT IMO at some point, and I would say at some point soon, which seems to be far fetched atm.

hxxps://ai.meta.com/blog/next-generation-meta-training-inference-accelerator-AI-MTIA/

alotto
Chat Pages: 2826  2825  2824  2823  2822  2821  2820  2819  2818  2817  2816  2815  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock