ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

BEST Best

0.00 (0.00%)
15 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Best LSE:BEST London Ordinary Share GB00B16S3505 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 73.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Best Of The Best Share Discussion Threads

Showing 5376 to 5397 of 5400 messages
Chat Pages: 216  215  214  213  212  211  210  209  208  207  206  205  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
03/2/2024
06:58
Good morning traderabc,

I think Jim is great to watch and listen to. Being born in the 60s I've lived through a few end of the world's and I'm still here. If WW3 does start I will have to dig out my old videos of Dads army for some tips hahaha

tenapen
03/2/2024
00:58
Hi Tenapen.

World War 3 Closer Than We Think? 'Signs Are Moving in That Direction’ – Jim Rogers

traderabc
04/12/2023
06:31
Hi traderabc,
I echo hazel's sentiment

tenapen
03/12/2023
22:28
Glad you're back here posting traderabc!
Will look when I get time.
I think Jim Rogers is very canny.

hazl
03/12/2023
21:56
A Recession Is Not Here Today, But I Can See It Coming | Jim Rogers
traderabc
03/12/2023
21:32
A Recession Is Not Here Today, But I Can See It Coming | Jim Rogers
traderabc
03/12/2023
21:29
Jim Rogers loves his critics

min 22.15

traderabc
09/6/2023
12:32
A more balanced world with China dominating Asia and the US just focusing on North and South America, would be both better for the world and more logical. Think about it, 2 out of every 10 people are Chinese, why shouldn't they want and have more influence? Pretty sure that the US would never allow warships sailing around off the coast of California or in the Gulf of Mexico, but it's fine for them to do it to other countries.

China has never invaded an external country (Tibet is considered historically as being part of China by the Chinese) they want Taiwan. That's it. The West project their mentalities onto their opinions of China, but they are completely different. The Chinese actually hate conflict. But what do I know, I only live in China:))

The UK spending billions on warships to patrol the South China seas, completely nuts and only going to create financial stress on the UK. The UK are a regional power, not a global one, focus on Europe, bring back these expenditures, tighten things up and reduce the debts. The US are also over extended, military bases in over a hundred countries, they can't afford it. Also, they will never be numerically superior to China in terms of ships in the South China seas, unless they get South Korea, Japan and a couple of other countries to increase spending...even then it's not clear. Numbers count in sea battles, analysis of sea battles over the last 500 years shows that where one force had superior numbers it counted more than superior tech, there are of course examples of smaller navies winning battles against superior forces, but they are the minority.

Jim Rogers is good.

I'd say that Robert Friedland and Ray Dalio are better because Jim just repeats himself in his interviews, if you watch 10 of them you will know most of what he will say in the next interview.

Marc Faber is great because now he doesn't care and says everything he wants to say totally unfiltered, gold nuggets of information from him.

the count of monte_cristo
12/5/2023
07:59
Agree and I feel worried for Imran Khan now.

Apologies for my confusion in the last posts, I didn't notice someone else had joined in. and thought you wrote careful's message !

hazl
27/4/2023
19:19
Berkshire Hathaway Says Four Companies File Chapter 11 Over Asbestos, Talc Claims
27 April 2023 - 06:59PM

By Colin Kellaher

Berkshire Hathaway Inc. on Thursday said four companies that an indirect unit acquired in 2007 have filed for chapter 11 of bankruptcy amid continuing liabilities related to asbestos, talc and environmental claims.

Berkshire said the companies, Whittaker Clark & Daniels, Inc., Brilliant National Services Inc., L.A. Terminals Inc. and Soco West Inc., ceased their operations in 2004 and sold all of their operating assets before they were acquired by billionaire Warren Buffett's investment vehicle.

However, the Omaha, Neb., company said the four entities continued to face liabilities, even though no Berkshire company ever operated, or had any involvement in, the manufacturing and chemical operations that gave rise to the liabilities, and no Berkshire insurer issued any insurance in connection with the acquisition.

For instance, a South Carolina jury in March ordered former talc supplier Whittaker Clark to pay more than $29 million to a woman who said she developed mesothelioma from being exposed to talc asbestos in cosmetic products, according to the law firm representing the woman.

Berkshire said the four companies have filed voluntary chapter 11 petitions in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Jersey.

Write to Colin Kellaher at colin.kellaher@wsj.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

April 27, 2023 13:44 ET (17:44 GMT)

adrian j boris
14/3/2023
23:04
I think he has been right about the $ for years, as much as he disparages it, he has never dumped them, his commodities are (still) priced in them on the whole, so he's doing fine.

His argument is always the same, he holds the $ because the World can't see what junk they are and always holds onto them when fearful, which is pretty much a constant emotion these days.

He says US debt has reached absurd levels and to never trust the federal reserve and the government (all of them), where's the mistake in that?

Poor chap has had a blow to the eye here, maybe because he told a truth that cant be said publicly in the west. (min 14)

As far as I'm concerned the guy is a legend, along with Assange, Snowden, Manning and many others who dare to think, act and speak in a moral manner against a consensus of corruption and mendacity.

traderabc
25/2/2023
10:10
I think we can't answer that question yet traderabc.
People say he was wrong about the dollar or gold, but he does it in the right time band.
He might not be spot on the turn but he knows the order of events and an over view is the most important thing of all.
I personally think it is China's time but the West have tried to delay it by any means they can....carbon credits, war, you name it.

hazl
25/2/2023
10:06
Ah ill timed perhaps from me responding to your previous message.
hazl
25/2/2023
10:05
Yes, he knows what's going on despite his age and living his life fully, instead of in front of the computer all the time, like a lot of traders.

8-)

hazl
25/2/2023
10:02
Jim Rodgers made a huge China call that assumed they would take over the World.
He was wrong about that.

careful
25/2/2023
09:46
Thanks hazl, I often think I'm the only one who ever comes here, so imagine my surprise to hear from you!

I believe Jim and family still live in Singapore, he's still a contrarian saying it as it is.

traderabc
24/2/2023
07:33
I respect Jim Rogers.
Where does he live now ?

hazl
24/2/2023
07:32
Thanks for your posts over the years traderabc.
hazl
30/1/2023
13:13
Nouriel Roubini on Economic Threats, Dollar and Fed
traderabc
18/10/2022
18:13
Jim Rogers – The Adventure Capitalist’s View of Global Markets
traderabc
10/8/2022
22:10
Debating Jim Rogers on His Latest Prediction