ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

TW. Taylor Wimpey Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Taylor Wimpey Plc LSE:TW. London Ordinary Share GB0008782301 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 131.00 131.30 131.40 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Gen Contr-single-family Home 3.51B 349M 0.0987 13.31 4.65B
Taylor Wimpey Plc is listed in the Gen Contr-single-family Home sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker TW.. The last closing price for Taylor Wimpey was 131p. Over the last year, Taylor Wimpey shares have traded in a share price range of 98.92p to 150.60p.

Taylor Wimpey currently has 3,536,371,169 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Taylor Wimpey is £4.65 billion. Taylor Wimpey has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 13.31.

Taylor Wimpey Share Discussion Threads

Showing 45826 to 45849 of 45850 messages
Chat Pages: 1834  1833  1832  1831  1830  1829  1828  1827  1826  1825  1824  1823  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
18/4/2024
00:21
Agreed. Possibly wheels within wheels. And these would be called ‘ Defeasible Freeholds ‘ in the US. IMO. Why no separate category in law in the UK
kreature
17/4/2024
12:29
kreature, possibly because there are wheels within wheels? They want to get paid, they don't want to put off buyers. How many conveyancers have 'arrangements' with developers?

As usual our elected representatives are either failing in their duties, or they too are getting inducements to let sleeping dogs lie? It's always been about milking the peasantry. I guess if you haven't the sense to walk away from a property deal that entails a perpetual management company, over which you have no control, then perhaps you shouldn't go outside without a parent? But don't worry the Gov is working on the electronic 'parent' you carry in your pocket. Pretty soon you'll have to ask it permission to buy a bar of chocolate, or a gallon of petrol.

lefrene
16/4/2024
23:32
Dunno how some (or most?) conveyancers are apparently not properly advising buyers ?
kreature
16/4/2024
15:55
March 2024 Hornet :

‘ We advise potential buyers to avoid new build homes until there is more certainty on universal adoption. ‘

kreature
16/4/2024
15:48
Matters of public interest: “Scamming” is what one MP called it. The reason being that imv the new-build title deeds are mostly Defeasible. Ie there is something in the deeds (a management company and uncapped estate fees) that makes the freehold not absolute. Great for social housing and rentals but surely the houses are potentially unsellable long term? The reason being that the management company can put up fees to whatever they see fit, thus potentially making a house look unattractive to potential buyers. IMO only.
kreature
16/4/2024
15:35
The expectation of interest rates dropping is already factored into the market.

The expectation of interest rates staying high for even longer is not.

The expectation of rise in redundancies/mortgage arrears has yet to be seen.

sikhthetech
16/4/2024
15:22
Baracuda, Yes I agree.
jugears
16/4/2024
14:51
Umm, well rates are roaring up yet again today.

The UK Ten year ( which is used to set Ten year fixed mortgages ) is going up faster than a rocket.

sunshine today
16/4/2024
14:05
I think the opposite will happen, interest rates will drop and fuel the housing market, happy days will be here again
baracuda2
16/4/2024
13:55
Unemployment is edging up. Is this the other boot finally about to drop after interest rate rises? If so, the current trickle of home repossessions will grow. I don't imagine it will be a flood; forbearance has been strongly encouraged on lenders by govt, but I think it will grow significantly, and then we will see real downward pressure on house prices, which is a bubble ready to burst imv. Of course, as far as this thread is concerned, the real question is whether anyone has lost their job or home in jugears' village, and until he tells us where that is, it's all just blather on here.

Next Tuesday we will get an update from TW themselves. Judging by the last one, the message will be profits are down hugely but there's nothing to worry about. Let's see if the market is willing to swallow that a second time.

danvandan
15/4/2024
22:24
Might wanna ‘slam’ use of uncapped estate charges ?
kreature
13/4/2024
18:43
It does seem to have stuck in that range for a year or two, but I see the brokers are starting to upgrade the house builders, but look on the bright side this was never ever going to stay below a pound for long & are we going to ever see house price fall across the board by 30%??? Not a chance unless you buy a house as a Reit & gut it & can't afford to put it back together then you may just loose a lot of money, isn't that right sikh?????
jugears
12/4/2024
21:23
Jugears, a 3% rise today and you're Charlie big potatoes. Good for you, old chap. I guess someone must have bought another starter home in your village today.

100 - 110p? Well, someone on this very board told me TW regularly swings between 150p and 100p....and he rather sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Are you now saying he's the village idiot?

Have a lovely weekend, y'all.

proj
12/4/2024
12:42
Proj9 Apr '24 - 16:09 - 28163 of 28196
0 2 0
Support gone. 100p -110p range looks on the cards once again.

When do you see this happening?

jugears
11/4/2024
18:09
BDEV will be BRED come the end of the year or first quarter of 2025. They want the Redrow land bank.
cupra kid
11/4/2024
13:21
G'day all. Quite the battle at the 130p point atm.

BTW, anyone got any thoughts on the pro's and con's of TW's peers, such as BDEV, Persimmon, & Redrow?

proj
10/4/2024
18:29
Lef that is why I vetted the company that bought me out very carefully, it took about 3 years for me to give in to thier offers, I suppose it can determine the outcome if you choose to sell or have to sell & although the reality is harsh once you have sold out & know longer connected to the company then its not your fault that it failed, sadly there are those that buy companies to milk them dry & others that passion comes before money, I had no aspirations when I started to be wealthy or to run a large company in the end I had 20 people on the shop floor operating 8 CNC machines that did the work of 80 blokes, property & land that I still own & half a transport company, people seemed to like what we did & what we offered & I just expanded as the work increased, I would be gutted if the company failed but I think that is very unlikely under the new owners, like wise I was working 16 hours a day 7 days a week & enjoyed every minute of it but I wouldn't want to now, very happily semi retired.
jugears
10/4/2024
17:18
Good on you, lefrene. You've got integrity.

Btw, apologies all if I have taken this thread off on a tangent. Housing is a societal thing, but I hope you don't think I'm an old hippy!

proj
10/4/2024
17:12
Jugs, it's horses for courses, different types of businesses have different facets.

My workers knew that if they needed help to deal with a situation, I had the experience and knowledge to get them out of problems, and would do so at the drop of a hat. I went to lengths to make sure they had as much information as I could give them, and that if the client tried to bully them into doing something illegal, I would tell them to leave the job, I would still make sure they got a days pay.

I made a point of going incognito to my clients depots and doing a days work, just to see how the drivers/workers were treated. There were a number where having done a days work, I refused to let them have any more of my staff.

I don't miss it, I was working 16+hrs 7 days a week.

lefrene
10/4/2024
16:58
proj, back in the day there were plenty of houses to buy, unfortunately the population has grown & we are now building less houses, I'm afraid there will always be those that can afford & those that can't & those that can't are getting further away from getting on the property ladder
Sikh, look at the number of homes being repossessed or people getting into mortgage difficulty they are lower than pre covid, & going back to my large village we are in a commuter belt you can get to Birmingham/Manchester/Derby/Leeds/Sheffield in under an about an hour, these are all high industry areas which invariably have staff that move about.

jugears
10/4/2024
16:46
Lef, I didn't read all of you post but one thing I always made sure of was that I new how every aspect of my company worked from sweeping the floor to delivery goods, meeting customers face to face & working on the shop floor & being able to use every machine & tool we had & every thing connected to the admin side of the business, Paye,accounts, health & safety, buying & estimating, I had several offers for my company & didn't have any plans to sell it but one company that I had worked with for many years made repeated offers it wasn't until I was 100% sure that my staff & customers would be looked after that I agreed to sell, having spent a year or so with the new company I'm glad to say I made the right decision, I though I would miss running that company but I don't in reality looking back it was totally bloody stressful!
jugears
10/4/2024
16:43
Lefrene,

Absolutely,

There is huge debt held by govns, businesses and individuals, mostly during the times when interest rates were low and on the expectation that rates will fall soon.

When the reality hits, many will fail.

The fact some banks have already failed. They snowball but the snowball effect takes time to be felt.

Just look at the number of councils becoming technically bankrupt. That will result in some depts cutting back.
Hundreds or thousands of workers are likely to be made redundant.

sikhthetech
10/4/2024
16:39
Very good point, Jugears: shortage of housing stock is driving prices up even more.

My original point was that people with pretty decent jobs (teachers, nurses etc.) haven't a chance of owning....except for the bank of mum and dad (or is that dad and dad these days!)and/or crippling mortgages (if they can even get one).

Back in my day (in best Monty Python 4 Yorkshiremen sketch voice}, buying a home was the norm, not an anomaly

And if a lot of people don't have a stake in society, how are they likely to behave?

proj
10/4/2024
16:36
I'm expecting the USA at best to hold rates or indeed raise them again. @Friends of the FED have set up a special purpose company to buy up insolvent banks, and my guess is the FED wants to greatly condense the number of mid range banks in the USA, to make the industry easier to control, and perhaps impose new conditions on their clients.
Look out for the word 'tokenise' as your friendly helpful bank tokenises your account for your security! Tokenising is actually taking the clients assets onto the banks balance sheet, thus 'bailing in' the client, who will not realise until to late, that they no longer own assets, but instead have 'tokens' of entitlement to the things they once owned.

All those mortgaged properties thus become assets on the banks balance sheet! The sheeple won't understand the sleight of hand until they have a problem, and find that they don't actually own the equity in their mortgaged hutch. Interesting times are very close indeed.

lefrene
Chat Pages: 1834  1833  1832  1831  1830  1829  1828  1827  1826  1825  1824  1823  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock