ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

VTR Vtr

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Vtr LSE:VTR London Ordinary Share GB0009293548 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 25.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Vtr Share Discussion Threads

Showing 301 to 323 of 325 messages
Chat Pages: 13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
09/4/2008
11:48
The interim report arrived this morning – only 3½ months after it was announced!
sharw
11/3/2008
21:02
W10, Chuffin nora - have you seen the Dow tonight,that bodes well for tomorrow fingers crossed !!!

VTR somehow slipped through my stop loss system so I'm still holding.

Enjoy the gee gees at Cheltenham.

Regards,
G

arty
11/3/2008
20:51
The article in Soho unplugged says, "The transformation at blue has been nothing short of amazing. A once mighty company that fell on hard times, the Prime Focus owned facility has been resurrected, re-invented and restored to the top of the facilities tree. Its crowning moment of 2007 was winning the Promax UK Post Production House of the year. Credits include The Beckoning Silence,7/7, The Man Who Should be Dead and Spendaholics."
walker10
07/3/2008
09:47
Nice break for you Arty,best wishes to N&S,yes I am feeling a little better thank you,although Ive got to sit infront of a surgeon this afternoon oh well!!
Ill call you next week,have a good weekend.

walker10
06/3/2008
19:03
Prime Focus has 1,500 people and operations out of facilities in India, London, New York, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Los Angeles. Warner MPI is based in Burbank.

With this alliance, Prime Focus could very well be bidding for the next Harry Potter movie through its high-end UK subsidiary, VTR, which last month acquired Machine Effects, a boutique firm with experience on Warner films like Harry Potter. Prime Focus UK is reputed for its expertise in high-end digital work.

"Outsourcing to India is one of the aspects but it is our facilities across the world which attracted Warner," said Prime Focus MD Namit Malhotra told ET.

walker10
05/3/2008
13:14
Alec's arrival completes the blue shortform team which has recently seen additions both to the production and offline teams and is currently working on a variety of projects for Channel 4, Film Four, E4, Discovery UK and Discovery Animal Planet.
walker10
04/3/2008
14:02
"As a result, the jump in our profitability will be aggressive, even though the increase in revenue will be modest. Taking this into account, a 10-15 per cent y-o-y revenue growth in the international markets is not a big deal, which puts Prime Focus into a well-hedged growth trajectory, which could be achieved in the worst of the scenarios. But owing to our business model centred on outsourcing on a large scale, even this much growth can add a fair number to our bottom line, going forward".
walker10
14/2/2008
12:24
This sound good dated 08.02.08

Prime Focus Ltd has informed BSE that Warner Bros. Motion Picture Imaging and Prime Focus have entered into a strategic alliance that will allow both Companies to expand their abilities to offer their state of the art digital post production capabilities to filmmakers on a global scale.

The agreement will provide filmmakers around the world with access to the expert talents and services both companies have been providing through their state of the art facilities. It also allows both companies to manage their workflows more efficiently between Warner Bros. MPI in Burbank, and Prime Focus's facilities throughout multiple locations in India and London as well as in New York, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Los Angeles. "As part of our global agenda of providing high end digital creative services to clients around the world,

Namit Malhotra, Managing Director, Prime Focus. He adds, "The strategic alliance with MPI underscores our ability to service not only Warner projects, but also all the other esteemed clients of the Company. It is indeed something that will create great value going forward for both Companies and we truly are delighted with the development of this relationship."

walker10
04/2/2008
11:45
And recent work for Blue:
walker10
31/1/2008
10:53
They seem to be picking up some nice work:

BBC Six Nations: go to Recent work-broadcasts.

and

Optimas Magma: go to Recent work-commercials.

walker10
24/1/2008
08:18
More expansion we now buy Machine effects, and they have a very good project record:

PFL has separately guaranteed to the Vendors that the Consideration Shares will
have a closing bid price of not less than 100 pence per share after a period of
30 months from completion of the Acquisition has elapsed (the "Guarantee").
Should the closing bid price be less than 100 pence per share after this
30-month period, PFL will, without recourse to VTR, pay the difference to the
Vendors. VTR will, in return for the Guarantee, and subject to obtaining the
requisite shareholder approvals to allot, issue 505,050 new ordinary shares in
VTR to PFL.

walker10
14/1/2008
13:49
Well fraid I'm out - not that I'm particularly averse to VTR but I don't think any shares (particularly small Co.s) are attractive at the moment. My small sell of 21k (over a few days) has pushed the share price down nearly 10p
hosede
07/1/2008
16:32
Hi Arty missed this, but good to see if only small it all helps.
walker10
07/1/2008
08:05
New RNS appeared this morning, it would appear they are very much in expansion mode !!!
arty
03/1/2008
12:46
Prime Focus India hitting all time highs,so the Indian market has taken the VTR results in their stride- perhaps they are hearing there are better things to come !!!! we hope.
walker10
31/12/2007
10:09
And Then You Die was post produced at blue by senior producer Will Garbutt, edited by Simon Thompson and Dan Tagoe, whilst the audio was mixed by Kevin Boyle and Ben Ormerod.
walker10
31/12/2007
09:48
What is worrying me more is the writers strike over in the US which will stop programs and film ever reaching production, and there seems that there is no end in sight. But we in the UK and Canada could just benifit:

"The London grapevine is abuzz with gossip that marquee American producers have been scouting for non-WGA writers for film or TV projects they would funnel through British production companies".

walker10
25/12/2007
01:21
Sorry Arty havent looked in for a couple of days,running around and all that - Have a good time and Merry Christmas.
walker10
22/12/2007
07:51
W10 - "my local chippy" mmmmmm I would have thought that was already a rare phenomenom around your way ( -8

Have a great Christmas !!!!
G

arty
21/12/2007
23:28
Well we are all doomed then hosede, will it sweep away my local chippy and ADVFN what the hell am I going to do then!! I mean Ive got to eat and talk Oh and watch TV what else is there.

Until that happens have a good Christmas.

walker10
21/12/2007
19:30
The problem is we look to be heading into the biggest depression for 35 maybe 75 years. Recovery programs may get swamped and survival may prove to be the problem - and for many Companies as well as VTR!
hosede
21/12/2007
10:04
Am I disappointed not really or am I in denial, well lets have a look at where we have come from before they took over the operations the results looked like this:

Year to 31.August 2006 Turnover was 17.7M with a loss of 2.05M with gearing at 48%.

Its still early days in my book they have more than steaded the business and turned a dire situation into one of profit with lower gearing.

It was always going to be 3 year plan and we are only 1/3 into that as the chairman states:

"I regard the six months to 30 September 2007 as being the finalisation of phase 1 of the Group's return to profitability and growth".

and

"The creative talent and capabilities within the Prime Focus Group put VTR in a
strong position to deliver sustained value to its shareholders."

and the slightly cautious statement

"Market conditions in September and October, traditionally the best trading
months of the year, have been challenging. However, I believe VTR is well placed to exploit the opportunities created by a global film and television industry and will continue to grow".

I am relaxed (I think) and look foward to when the US operations and outsourceing are fully operational.

We will see !

walker10
21/12/2007
08:58
yes a bit disappointing really - 5% nett margin hardly worth getting out of bed for! But a profit is a profit
hosede
Chat Pages: 13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock