ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

ELR Eastern Plat

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Eastern Plat LSE:ELR London Ordinary Share CA2768551038 COM SHS NPV (CDI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 5.25 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Eastern Plat Share Discussion Threads

Showing 651 to 675 of 675 messages
Chat Pages: 27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
07/5/2015
16:27
I do have a twitter account. I will send you a PM with the details.
leedskier
07/5/2015
16:11
Thanks leedskier - unfortunately I sold out prematurely; the story of my life. I did well overall, though, so no complaints from me!

Do you post on Twitter by the way?

Cheers, GingerPlant

gingerplant
07/5/2015
16:02
I do apologise for not checking in here since your post. I had assumed that the Board was dead.

This article addresses your question.

leedskier
11/11/2014
23:10
Leedskier – the last accounts showed cash of US$87m as you say along with $6m in other current assets.

Non-current assets amounted to close to US$440m, with total liabilities of US$32.35m.

So cash now of effectively c.$312m presuming the deal goes through. Do you know if there’ll be any non-current assets left of any significance after the sale?

Or are we basically looking at a cash shell of around US$285m NET – versus the current mkt cap of CAN$156,863 (which is US$138m) at CAD$ 1.69 – so roughly £1’s worth of cash value for 48p per share equivalent?

gingerplant
09/11/2014
09:28
It has US$87 million in cash.

If the deal closes it will have US$300 million and no liabilities.

There are only 92.64 million shares in issue. Clearly its present market cap (even after doubling on Friday) of CAD$85.79 million is on the light side, and I trust in due course the share price will move up.

If it can leverage that large sum buying assets at the bottom of the market (at least I hope it is the bottom), there could be a remarkable turn around here.

leedskier
07/11/2014
19:35
The market cap was £47.7 million (CAD$ 86M) when it delisted from Aim. It has doubled this evening in Canada.

But still at a significant discount to the cash offer for the assets.

leedskier
07/11/2014
19:28
Hebei To Buy South African PGM Assets Of Eastern Platinum For US$225 Mln

11/7/2014 12:52 PM ET
Eastern Platinum Ltd ("Eastplats" or the "company") (ELR.TO: Quote) Friday reached an agreement with Hebei Zhongbo Platinum Co Ltd whereby Hebei Zhongbo will acquire the company's entire South African platinum group metal ("PGM") business and all loan agreements that Eastplats has with its subsidiary companies, for a total consideration of US$225 million payable in cash on closing. The consideration received by Eastplats will be net of the amounts payable to certain minority interests, which amounts remain to be settled.

Under the Agreement, Hebei Zhongbo will acquire a portfolio of PGM assets including the Crocodile River Mine, Spitzkop, Kennedy's Vale and Mareesburg projects and their associated mining and prospecting rights (the "Assets") in a manner compliant with South Africa's mining laws, environmental and socio-economic requirements.

"The entire resource sector is under considerable pressure and PGMs have been disproportionately impacted as a result of a number of factors unique to the sector. The capital required to advance the Eastplats assets into production is not available in the public markets at this time and we are very encouraged by the ability of Hebei Zhongbo to deploy its resources in this regard. This foreign capital and the creation of much needed jobs will contribute to the ongoing socio-economic development in areas surrounding the mine and projects." said Ian Rozier, President and CEO of Eastplats. "Closing the transaction will leave Eastplats extremely well capitalized to take advantage of the considerable opportunities in this weak market."

Upon closing, Hebei Zhongbo will assume operating responsibility for the Crocodile River Mine and ownership of the Eastplats subsidiaries, direct interests and joint venture positions. Eastplats will remain with cash as its sole asset.

The transaction is expected to close within 3 to 6 months.

The parties have agreed that certain events, including the failure of Eastplats and Hebei Zhongbo respectively to secure TSX or PRC approval within 90 days of signature will trigger the payment of a break fee of US$11.25 million. A finder's fee to an arm's length third party, in an amount that remains to be negotiated, is payable in connection with the transaction.

leedskier
08/5/2014
08:19
RNS 8th May 2014

Plans to delist from aim
Expected last day of dealings 19th June 2014

giant steps
11/1/2014
14:03
Nice pick up in volume and rising share price in Canada recently. The small cap miners over there have had a relatively good couple of weeks, let's hope it continues and follows through onto AIM miners.

Think the Canadian line of this went up 10% on Friday, to about 5.75p in Sterling terms, so hopefully this will rise Morning too, in line.

This was once (may still be) Canada's largest PGM (platinum group metal) producer.

Listed on AIM, TSX and possibly JSE.

According to latest report still has over C$85m of cash and equivalents (liquid and held in Canada), against current mkcap of circa £40m.

Over 80 Moz's of PGM's in its 4 properties (you do the calculations @ USD$1430/ounce roughly). Keep in mind we think gold resources of only 5 moz's are v.large!!

Share price has been over 100p in past, now about 4.5p, with no dilution during this period that I am aware of.

Shallow platinum properties (from memory).

Has been reporting huge losses, but large chunk of that is impairment charges - non cash item(which most majors have been reporting with reduction in metal prices, e g precious metal prices).

Good platinum prospects according to industry veterans such as robert friedland (at ivanhoe mines).

ELR's operations are mostly suspended at the moment pending further recovery in Platinum price, labour relations resolution, favourable rand/dollar exchange rates.

Share is highly illiquid, so will likely move quickly when it does.

Do your own thorough research before trading - this is just meant to be a brief overview for any newbies here.
source of above: Company website and most recent interim/final statements.

4sta
21/10/2013
16:10
GingerPlant, I honestly believe that currently the market only knows what the rest of us know to date, no more & no less. I believe they knew more than us PI's back in March when the share price was at 12p ish. At that time it was not public knowledge that CRM was to be put on C&M however the market got to know it and thus the share price fell to 6p.

Right now the share price has fallen to 3.75p on II selling only, all other facts are in the open. Similar to when ZIOC was at 18p then a big fall to 10p followed by a rise to 25p, with ZIOC the fall from 16p to 10p was down to II's selling out their final holdings.

Once the II's sell out their final holdings in ELR I can see a rise back to 6-7p (as per my post 505). Following on from then its all about the price of PGM's and starting prod again.

Risky punt here but hey,,,they have cash, assets and a product in demand.

the stinger
21/10/2013
07:16
Boystwon / The stinger, FWIW I agree with your observations but always have concerns that the market knows more than we do. From experience, I've learned that sometimes it does - but usually it doesn't. My tactic is to sell half after it's doubled and let the rest run for free. This worked well with ZIOC which was in a similar situation at just under 10p when I bought in and CCE sub 2p. I expect and hope for the same thing to happen here.
gingerplant
19/10/2013
07:32
Boystown - It is,,,on the basis they can get production going again with decent margins. And if not then some value still exists at this share price

They have the cash to wait it out and are currently valued at 50% discount to cash alone, there is no EV put on their infrastructure and resource assets, work it out!.

Reason for the huge discount to cash - big seller on the TSX, however the seller has a buyer. Once out we may see 6-7p again i.e. cash levels.

Patience required here however there's still risks and they could even just sell up which I doubt after spending $300m + up to now. If they pull it off this could easily 3 bag,,probably 5 bag with a better platinum price at say $1800-$2000.

Long term with decent platinum prices & demand along with labour issues sorted you could see this at its NAV +,, 10 bagger.. Not out the question unless its taken out first.

the stinger
18/10/2013
15:15
There has to be a strong case for this being just about the single best value share out there IMO; crazy price - so what gives here???
boystown
18/10/2013
15:15
There has to be a strong case for this being just about the single best value share out there IMO; crazy price - so what gives here???
boystown
03/10/2013
21:24
Does anyone know the reason for the fall?
jack jebb
11/9/2013
20:09
Just checked for an hour or so today since our yesterday's exchange. It is very harsh to say negative things on a small company with this little research - a company with difficulties most of which are probably not in their control. So I will stop here.

I hope things turn better for the company, employees and shareholders.

Just one small query - I can see that operating cots will be higher if economies of scale gets affected but why are product prices this low relative to world prices of platinum? I don't know much about the precious metals sector anyway.

saikat
11/9/2013
19:29
Shaunstar, you need to read through some history - try reading back through below, you get some crazy posts however ELR have a strong following on the TSX.

hxxp://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/t.elr/eastern-platinum-limited?postid=21548712#wVMe5z2IeAemWZLC.99

the stinger
11/9/2013
19:24
So the reason they are unprofitable is high costs, not low platinum prices. High costs due to labour?

I'm trying to understand whats changed since the development in infrastructure to make things unprofitable?

shaunstar
11/9/2013
19:19
Saikat, In any event,,, I will wait for my ZIOC shares to reach my 45p target...just hope ELR is at todays price or lower when I cash my ZIOC shares in.

ELR could easily double/treble from here. The long termers in from 15p/20p/50p + have maybe lost out however getting in now with $100m cash, no debt and no value given for infrastructure, licences and resources could be worth a dabble.

Excerpt from the CIBC report below...

"Putting that together with the view of stronger metal prices through 2014 and 2015, we believe Eastern Platinum represents a real possible "three bagger" or even more, but only if the investor is willing to be patient."

Read more at hxxp://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/t.elr/eastern-platinum-limited?postid=21548712#wVMe5z2IeAemWZLC.99

the stinger
11/9/2013
18:11
We have to wait for the workers/unions to show signs of settling - developing
countries will generally have reasonably high wage inflation in the organized sector. Even starting and closing a mine repeatedly will incur a lot of restarting/retrenchment costs.

saikat
11/9/2013
17:57
Saikat - all to do with workers/unions probs = poor prod.
the stinger
11/9/2013
17:51
No Stinger - can't say I like an investment here at this stage. The platinum cycle may or may not turn in the next five years or more. Most of the cash will go while waiting and the machinery and other tools will depreciate. One of these recent quarters, they only got about $960 per PGM ounce(from memory - so it is much less than world platinum prices) and their operating costs were at least $1200/an ounce or so (from memory although the small quantities might have affected scale economies here). I would like to see a operating margins margins of at least 20 percent or more (if quantities are this small) to cover for fixed costs/admin and any other expenses.To expect output prices that much higher over costs over a length of time in the next five years a leap of faith.

I wish the company well though and hope the cycle turns in the right direction.

saikat
11/9/2013
07:56
Stinger - why are their mining costs so high? are they very deep mines?
saikat
11/9/2013
06:21
shaunstar - simple really, trading below cash ($100m), no debt, $500m of infratructure, platinum in ground and ready to mine when SA relations/price of PGM improves. May even be taken out prior too.

Am looking to take a position myself soon as elr looks very undervalued, nil premium given for assets at all! and they invested $500m or so,,,thats without the platinum in the ground.

the stinger
10/9/2013
22:33
Can someone recap the story here for my benefit please. Platinum prices arent as high as they are, but they havent been demolished either. How is this mine on shut down...were they on wafer thin margins?
shaunstar
Chat Pages: 27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  16  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock