ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

FCCN French Connection Group Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
French Connection Group Plc LSE:FCCN London Ordinary Share GB0033764746 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 29.55 29.40 29.70 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

French Connection Share Discussion Threads

Showing 6151 to 6174 of 6175 messages
Chat Pages: 247  246  245  244  243  242  241  240  239  238  237  236  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
01/11/2021
15:16
Galles - the share sales are also by Singer Capital - presumably their market making division - who have to make an announcement as they have some connection with the people bidding for FCCN
sleepy
01/11/2021
14:51
Scheme of arrangement has been passed, pay out to happen by the 22nd of November.
tabhair
01/11/2021
09:17
Shareholder vote taking place today at 10:30am, assuming it goes though shares will stop trading close of business Friday.
tabhair
28/10/2021
01:42
Thanks Sleepy, but the Singer RNS was related to the Singh brothers, which makes sense if it's a buy, but there were also sells as well, why would the Singhs sell?
galles
27/10/2021
10:53
The share purchases are by Singer Capital - presumably their market making division - who have to make an announcement as they have some connection with the people bidding for FCCN
sleepy
26/10/2021
13:49
I hope others smarter than I am can shed some light on thisI don't quite follow the Singer Capital RNSs. For example, the one today showing the Singh brothers have been purchasing (52,019 shares) and selling (84,500 shares) shares. I can understand why they would be purchasing as anything under 30p is a saving for them when/should they eventually take over the company. But why sell?
galles
26/10/2021
11:55
JP Morgan increased holding. Quite a delay in the notification
smicker
21/10/2021
10:28
30p a share changing hands. Someone is confident that an improved bid is coming, and it must be attractive enough to worth paying 30p for now, so unlikely to only be a handful of % profit from this trade.
galles
15/10/2021
14:28
If you can buy French Connection(FCCN) at the right level to cover your trading costs(remember there will be no selling costs) then its like a free call option with an interest payment. If there is a competing bid then you make a lot of money but if one doesn't materialise then you get your money back on 22 November 2021 with more interest than you would receive for holding it on deposit. Effectively you are investing in a risk free trade.

regards

AIMHO, DYOR as I have done mine.

rainmaker
15/10/2021
10:15
I would be very surprised if there weren't another higher bid for French Connection as already mentioned such opportunities are very rare and even rarer at knockdown, bargain prices and IMHO without question they are being bought way, way too cheaply but we shall see and we won't have to wait too long to find out!

regards

rainmaker
15/10/2021
10:06
Of the other three, as yet unknown, interested parties who have yet to make a move, I expect both ASOS and BooHoo who are very interested in international brands-see their recent acquisitions-to become involved.

AIMHO and DYOR as I have done mine.

regards

rainmaker
15/10/2021
09:51
Well I've always believed that a higher offer will be received as the chance to buy an international brand with strong licensing fee income are very rare but to buy them at knockdown, bargain prices are even rarer. We have a very successful wholesale division making £14/15mln a year and a brand licensing division making £5mln to £7mln annually under typical, more normal trading conditions and a retail virtually trading at breakeven so the £29mln bid on the table for the Group IMHO is way, way too low.We have quite a few investors buying at 29p to park their money and earn a 3.44% return or approx 41% annualised but they could make considerably more.Whatever happens we won't have much longer to wait to find out-

Takeover Panel Statement re French Connection Group plc
14/10/2021 2:31pm
UK Regulatory (RNS & others)

French Connection (LSE:FCCN)
Intraday Stock Chart

Friday 15 October 2021

Click Here for more French Connection Charts.
TIDMFCCN

RNS Number : 1353P

Takeover Panel

14 October 2021

2021/23

FRENCH CONNECTION GROUP PLC ("FRENCH CONNECTION")

MIP HOLDINGS LTD (A NEWLY INCORPORATED ENTITY DIRECTLY OWNED AND CONTROLLED BY APINDER SINGH GHURA, AMARJIT SINGH GREWAL AND KJR BROTHERS LIMITED) ("MIP")

GO GLOBAL RETAIL LLC IN CONJUNCTION WITH HMJ INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LIMITED ("GO GLOBAL")

On 5 February 2021, French Connection announced that it had received separate approaches from each of Spotlight Brands in conjunction with Gordon Brothers International LLC ("Spotlight") and Go Global.

On 2 March 2021, Spotlight announced that it did not intend to make an offer for French Connection in accordance with Rule 2.8 of the Takeover Code (the "Code"). On the same day, French Connection announced that it had been approached by further interested parties since 5 February, in addition to Go Global, and that it was commencing a formal sale process under the Code.

On 4 October 2021, the boards of MIP and French Connection announced that they had reached agreement on the terms of a recommended firm offer for French Connection (the "MIP Offer"), to be implemented by means of a scheme of arrangement.

On 9 October, French Connection announced the publication of the scheme circular in relation to the MIP Offer. That circular included notice of the shareholder meetings to approve the MIP Offer, which are scheduled to be held on 1 November 2021.

Pursuant to Rule 2.6(d) and Section 4 of Appendix 7 of the Code, the Panel Executive has ruled that, unless the Executive consents otherwise, Go Global must, by 5.00 pm on 25 October 2021, being the seventh day prior to the date of the shareholder meetings, either announce a firm intention to make an offer for French Connection under Rule 2.7 of the Code or announce that it does not intend to make an offer for French Connection.

This deadline will cease to apply if, before that time, a third party other than Go Global has announced a firm intention to make an offer for French Connection under Rule 2.7 of the Code.

Each of French Connection, MIP and Go Global has accepted this ruling.

14 October 2021

This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact rns@lseg.com or visit www.rns.com.

RNS may use your IP address to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions, to analyse how you engage with the information contained in this communication, and to share such analysis on an anonymised basis with others as part of our commercial services. For further information about how RNS and the London Stock Exchange use the personal data you provide us, please see our Privacy Policy.

END

POTFLFFVIALSLIL

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

October 14, 2021 09:31 ET (13:31 GMT)

rainmaker
06/10/2021
08:38
hxxps://www.frc.org.uk/auditors/enforcement-division/current-cases-audit-enforcement-procedure

Here's a list of current open FRC cases, note the commencement dates. Sounds like this investigation has the potential to draw out for a long time. Can a takeover close while the company is still under investigation. Is there a potential for it to fall through?

tabhair
05/10/2021
16:28
I still believe Mike Ashley is somehow involved in the Singh deal, after all he supposedly sold his entire stake to him, at a time when he was not winning auctions to pick up distressed companies, smoke and mirrors!!
gbenson1
05/10/2021
15:48
1m shares acquired yesterday by a new investor at 28.6p. Getting interesting
smicker
05/10/2021
09:27
A few large trades have just gone through
ben value
04/10/2021
21:16
Singh can't vote however.
keit4h
04/10/2021
15:20
The offer values the business at 30m odd and has been made by gentlemen who have extensive experience in this industry not PE. That suggests to me that this business is in good shape and has outstanding potential. Marks has most likely decided that the time has come to sell the business so he can enjoy the proceeds.30p is not necessarily the final offer.
smicker
04/10/2021
15:07
Another offer is still certainly possible.

We know Stephen Craig offered 41p for this less than 2 years ago. Of course a lot has changed since then with covid has blown a hole in the balance sheet. What's telling is that Marks has actually accepted a 30p offer this time. For him to accept less than what he was offered previously suggests to me that this business is in bad shape.

tabhair
04/10/2021
14:02
No one is going to agree with me as "The Market" believes it is a done deal but I'm comfortable with that but believe there is a further chapter to be written here. The opportunity to acquire fashion brands in retailing, with strong licensing fee income are very rare but to purchase them at knockdown, bargain prices are much, much rarer.Remember there are three potential bidders remaining, including I believe, one Billionnaire and for them to make an increased offer would be like popping round to the local shop to buy milk.

AIMHO, DYOR

regards

RM

rainmaker
04/10/2021
10:28
The only question mark I'd have is whether Singh and his backers actually have the financing to close the deal. Not only will they have to pay the 30p a share, but they'll also have to take on the assumed liabilities of the debt and leases on top of that.
tabhair
04/10/2021
08:42
Pleased this looks like being sorted finally.

From the ever helpful paulypilot on stock this morning -

"Shareholders who have agreed - 43.6% (Marks & family) have given irrevocable undertakings to support the deal, plus Singh's 25.4%, totals 69.0%. It needs a special resolution (75%) at a general meeting to authorise the deal, so it looks settled, and highly likely to go ahead."

gleach23
04/10/2021
08:39
Looking at the share price to 30p bid, looks like there's enough sellers who don't believe the votes are in the bag!
boonkoh
04/10/2021
07:28
sold for 30p - so cheap
ali47fish
Chat Pages: 247  246  245  244  243  242  241  240  239  238  237  236  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock