ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

FCSS Fidelity China Special Situations Plc

3.00 (1.52%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Fidelity China Special Situations Plc LSE:FCSS London Ordinary Share GB00B62Z3C74 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  3.00 1.52% 201.00 200.50 201.00 202.00 198.00 202.00 1,740,935 16:35:29
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Unit Inv Tr, Closed-end Mgmt 60.91M 23.29M 0.0494 40.59 944.29M
Fidelity China Special Situations Plc is listed in the Unit Inv Tr, Closed-end Mgmt sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker FCSS. The last closing price for Fidelity China Special S... was 198p. Over the last year, Fidelity China Special S... shares have traded in a share price range of 181.20p to 253.00p.

Fidelity China Special S... currently has 470,969,406 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Fidelity China Special S... is £944.29 million. Fidelity China Special S... has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 40.59.

Fidelity China Special S... Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1051 to 1072 of 1075 messages
Chat Pages: 43  42  41  40  39  38  37  36  35  34  33  32  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/2/2024
08:10
Big article in Share mag today China could be big this year funds tepid
ch1ck
09/2/2024
11:52
The following article focuses on 2 Investment Trusts Pacific Horizon and Fidelity China Special Situations and the following just relates to the latter.

"Gavin Lumsden

8 February 2024 • 6:00am

China’s efforts to stabilise its struggling stock market make it a good time to review investment trusts that invest in the country and in the Asia-Pacific region more broadly.

The problems of the world’s second-biggest economy, wracked by a property crash and weak consumer confidence following strict lockdowns, have weighed on the shares of London-listed China and Asia funds.

Beijing’s announcement that it would “guide” Chinese institutions to buy more shares on its stock market, which in sterling terms has halved in the past three years, saw the Shanghai Stock Exchange index jump by 6pc earlier this week.

Shares in London’s four China trusts followed suit, raising the question of whether this could finally be a turning point for funds that have crashed by between 44pc and 71pc in the past three years.

These declines have left the trusts’ shares trailing 7pc-9pc below asset value. Although these discounts are not huge, readers should remember that the Chinese shares the trusts own are also depressed. Chinese companies trade at less than 10 times forecast earnings, which is cheaper than their long-term average of 12, and well below the peak of nearly 18.

Investors willing to risk further losses in a long-term bet on China’s economic and technological development should ignore the noise around the recent liquidation of Chinese property developer Evergrande and head for Fidelity China Special Situations.

With assets of £932m, this trust is already the biggest in its peer group and the easiest to buy and sell, attributes likely to improve further with the imminent merger with £177m rival Abrdn China.

Managed by Dale Nicholls, Fidelity China is the best performer in its sub-sector even though the shares have delivered just 0.1pc including dividends over five years.

However, in the 10 years Nicholls has run the portfolio, shareholders have received a more impressive 114pc total return, beating the 46.4pc from the MSCI China index. The shares stand on a 6.7pc discount."

pj84
26/1/2024
13:05
Interesting article on #China stocks #funds #SHARES #investing
knowing
10/1/2024
15:41
Winterflood 2024: Top picks among heavily discounted trusts

"Asia Pacific equities

There were no changes within this sector, with both Pacific Horizon (PHI) and the China-focused Fidelity China Special Situations (FCSS) trust keeping their place on the buy list."

"Fidelity China Special Situations manager Dale Nicholls has delivered NAV Total returns of 134% since he took over the fund in 2014 and Bird said the proposed merger with Abrdn China (ACIC) is a ‘representation of the value placed o the manager’s stock picking expertise in an environment whereby mega-cap growth names have sold off’."

pj84
18/12/2023
11:02
No specific reference to FCSS in the article but the overall theme is relevant.
pj84
30/8/2023
07:10
asia.nikkie.com
20/10 share price drifting down
dyor

mike24
18/8/2023
13:24
Tokyo down 2%
a recovery will come not just yet

1/9 incredible damage from typhoon
4/9 big share recovery 2.5% in HK
c/garden debt reprieve ???
dyor

mike24
03/8/2023
22:44
Dale Nicholls: It’s time to be more bullish on China

The portfolio manager of Fidelity China Special Situations says history tells investors the time to buy a market is when valuations are low and sentiment is negative.

Can’t watch now? Read the transcript

Dale Nicholls:

I guess what we’re trying to show here is looking at China versus other markets and you can just see this swing in performance versus other markets. I guess what it shows is the divergence between markets. China’s performance has really swung. I think what it reflects is just general sentiment. A lot of which is macro-driven. There’s probably a geopolitical element to that as well. China, the sentiment around China really does swing and it doesn’t take long to see that when we look at 2021, 2022 and so far in 2023, you can see where sentiment sits. So, we’re clearly at the negative end of that sentiment spectrum.

I think that is actually what makes China most interesting. We’ll talk about things like valuation, but China is very cheap versus history, extremely cheap versus other markets and sentiment is at the negative end, which history teaches us, if we look at this chart, it’s time to actually be more bullish. So, I’m definitely more bullish on the opportunities. I’m finding a lot of value in markets and I’m putting more money to work and that’s reflected in higher gearing that’s coming through in the trust.

pj84
28/7/2023
16:40
Indeed has been one way traffic for a while, hoping to get above water in next couple of weeks.
boomorboom
18/4/2023
12:52
China economy on the up it said on the news today fingers crossed we will get back up to where we were before.
gipps
17/4/2023
13:43
Back in here for a little toe dip. Let's see how it goes. BOB
boomorboom
01/3/2023
20:56
Now with China NOT improving New LOW BELOW 200 expected then further falls its a mess..

FCSS managers are POOR TO A DISASTER!!

halfpenny
01/3/2023
20:01
It is good when a plan comes together! Big jump today.
investingdad
01/3/2023
06:36
Sentiment is low and US and the media still focused on Chinese politics but some buy signals... Alibaba is now oversold.Manufacturing posting its biggest improvement in more than a decade, services activity climbing and the housing market stabilizing.Next week's National People's Congress will be held, where a new growth target will be disclosed.I think I will buy in a smaller holding than i had at today's price and top up monthly here. There seems to be value and as long as China don't fully align with Russia it might just make it through. Due to the volatility here, it is a high risk trust - it might end badly for me.
investingdad
15/2/2023
21:56
I sold out here. Having held for a long time missed the 100% sell opportunity(thanks Xi). I sold out just under £3.I felt the inflow of money and rapid rise was a tell tale sign to sell. The increasing anti-China rhetoric in the media another. The wider appetite isn't there just yet, though the Chinese government are offering easy loans, so there will hopefully be money to kick start consumer demand.I am watching and may restart a monthly investment here, though I might side with India IGC and wider EM: MMIT.
investingdad
30/1/2023
19:51
Or people taking short term profits?
scobak
30/1/2023
19:33
Looking overbought run too far ahead ?
dolphinite
22/1/2023
16:46
A very interesting time to invest in China once more. Well done all Oct/Nov 2022 bottom pickers!
mrmarmalade
11/1/2023
15:24
Well I too am underwater with these but think the amount of buying recently shows others have faith
gipps
10/1/2023
14:25
Thanks for opening up again China.
May be on my way back to recovering some of my losses.

I would have thought there may have been some interest as I would appreciate advice.

scobak
28/10/2022
08:20
No as charts not looking good with further falls likely. Support about 175p but too Risky..it’s a mess!! Fidelity should sack manager and stop fund!! It’s more like a lucky dip as the Chinese companies tell fund managers what they want to hear and probably fiddle books and Government change rules too often. Too Risky!!

Covid still a major issue!!.

The question I have is what do the Chinese know about COVID that western countries are not telling us. China go into Zero policy LOCK DOWN so why do the Jabs not Work!!!

halfpenny
24/10/2022
16:11
Well halfpenny are you buying now as it appears the company is buying chunks at the moment of its own shares below the 200 mark.
gipps
Chat Pages: 43  42  41  40  39  38  37  36  35  34  33  32  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock