ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

RNVO Renovo Grp

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Renovo Grp LSE:RNVO London Ordinary Share GB00B081NX89 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 15.625 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Renovo Share Discussion Threads

Showing 9101 to 9124 of 9125 messages
Chat Pages: 365  364  363  362  361  360  359  358  357  356  355  354  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
05/8/2014
21:28
Let's hope it invigorates them and the market!
shaka198
05/8/2014
21:17
New name and new ticker INSC from tomorrow.
danwaits
18/7/2014
10:28
Oi, Oi.
In defense of alimo, he had a shareholding which is now worth less than 10% of it's original value and he's perfectly justified in wanting to know what happened to the company's intellectual properties. Your suggestion 123Prezzie that these are likely to be totally out of date is well wide of the mark.
When one suffers the kind of losses that the PI's in Renovo experienced, one has two choices; take the hit or hang in there to see if you can possibly recover some of your funds. Alimo has chosen the latter and I hope he gets the answers to which he is fully entitled. The way I read the subtext of your post 123Prezzie is;
"alimo, you're a loser, the past is the past and we shouldn't have to listen to squawking loser's like yourself while this new BOD makes us all rich" - well dream on; dismissive responses like yours are one of the reasons why the City is populated by so many chancers who are rarely, if ever, called to book.
Prof. Ferguson was quoted some time ago as saying that "people did very well out of Renovo" Well, he and his partner Ms. Kane banked millions, but trusting PI's had their asses handed to them on a plate. As David Blain has been our CFO since 2008; alimo should be entitled to ask any questions he likes and to receive the full and correct information he and all other Renovo PI's deserve.

danwaits
18/7/2014
08:33
I agree with Nigel, the past is the past. No point in present management wasting their time trying to resurrect dead projects. They may have cost multi-millions but are likely to be totally out of date now. If you don't like what the company is doing, alimo, why hang around? Make an offer for all the medical IP and make yourself really rich.
123prezzie
17/7/2014
18:16
alimo, as far as I am concerned, that is water under the bridge so I am not interested in chasing it, but if you are, have you tried emailing the company and asking? I expect that they have disposed of all the biotech IP, and the current management may well all post date the disposal, so you may just get the answer that they own nothing now and don't know whither or when the IP was disposed of. Still, it's worth asking since you are concerned.

I attended the AGM and didn't think to ask after the biotech IP largely because I assume that sadly it is worthless. If they had got anything for it, then it would be in the accounts. If they sold it all for next to nothing, then as far as I am concerned it is of no further interest: I am not worried about the possibility of fraud. Fraud is always possible, but my fraud detector has not sounded here.
Nigel Martin

gnnmartin
17/7/2014
14:39
From
INTERIM MANAGEMENT STATEMENT FOR THE PERIOD FROM 1 APRIL 2011 TO 19 JULY 2011
As previously announced Renovo intends to sell its clinical (Juvista, Prevascar, Adaprev and Juvidex) and preclinical programmes.

Only Prevascar has gone.

Juvidex was going to be licenced to interested cosmetics manufacturers away back in 2010, so who got it and what for?

Mysteriously, both Juvista and Adaprev didn't meet their end targets with significance, but the research and patents must both be worth a fortune unless the science/procedures moved on and up a gear, and SHIRE got to keep the technology/research/patents for the $125million stage payment they had given us so far, thus saving the $350m they were due to pay if Juvista had met its Phase III end points. The RNS didn't say this and I'm not foolish enough to say this scenario happened, without proof. Juvista and Adaprev as programmes might now be in name worthless, but the serum/juices used in the Phase I&II trials still work, and must have great value in places like China, India and other nations that will no doubt want to use it in CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT procedures, without the added expense of any SHIRE produced and controlled procedures. SHIRE don't own the patents, so who do, and are the patents being maintained?

RN1005 and other preclinical programmes - no buyers - yet; even after all the rosy futures they were purported to have?

To put us all at rest and allow us to move on, and stop us all wondering why all the IP and patents don't seem to have value and appear somewhere, even as a Note in the accounts, surely the Accountants (they are Deloitte after all) should and can make mention of where the IP has gone. Things that cost well over £150 million can't just disappear, can they? We still have the key RNVO personnel in key places going forward and they must know what is happening, and where the, hopefully locked, IP Cupboard is. This cannot be allowed to drift away. If SHIRE did get it all for the $125m, they should say so, and why.

INCA plc will get a new website that should have a link over to the present RNVO website archives and all the info on it must be protected for future shareholder examination along with all the expensively produced Annual Reports that show the pictorial evidence that the IP did and does work.

alimo
16/7/2014
20:09
Oh the irony .... "Inspired" Capital indeed.
I agree alimo and I'm always a bit worried when sales and growth figures are lauded without any mention of P&L. Let's hope that this RNS is not a classic piece of window dressing.

danwaits
16/7/2014
18:07
I move that we do not change to Inspired Capital plc but to INCA plc and our advertising can still include InspiredCapital. The up-beat companies have been renaming themselves with initials. INCA has a real solid/bounce sound to it and Inspired Capital is slow to say... Still no meaningful figures like what our salary/bonus bills are!!!
alimo
16/7/2014
18:06
I move that we do not change to Inspired Capital plc but to INCA plc and our advertising can still include InspiredCapital. The up-beat companies have been renaming themselves with initials. INCA has a real solid/bounce sound to it and Inspired Capital is slow to say... Still no meaningful figures like what our salary/bonus bills are!!!
alimo
16/7/2014
17:20
Looks very positive at first look.

Agree we need closure on the pharma business and realisation of any residual value, but before my time, any ideas here?

shaka198
16/7/2014
06:54
Trading Update and Proposed Change of Name

H1 growth reflects early stages of transformation into a large scale, full service SME lender

Proposed new name - Inspired Capital plc

Renovo Group plc (AIM: RNVO), a leading provider of customer-focused financial solutions to SMEs, is pleased to provide a trading update for the six months ended 30 June 2014.

Growth across the product suite has been strong in the first half of the year and particular interest is being seen in the newer products.

Key metrics: 30 June 2014 30 June 2013* Growth

Number of clients 1,085 870 24.7%
Loans and other receivables GBP48.6m GBP38.1m 27.6%

*These figures are those of Ultimate Finance Group plc and are prior to its acquisition by Renovo but are shown here for comparative purposes.

Renovo has increased its number of clients by 24.7% to 1,085 and increased the total loans and other receivables by 27.6% to GBP48.6m, in comparison to 30 June 2013.

Strong growth has been seen in our tailored offerings for construction, trade and retail finance. These are relatively new products, designed to meet specific customer needs, and represent the Company's first steps in diversifying its range of SME lending products. As at 30 June 2014, Renovo has provided GBP9m of funding into its SME finance subsidiaries. The cash has allowed the business to grow its lending to SMEs and to trial new products prior to them being leveraged by alternative debt funding, something that restricted lending whilst Ultimate Finance was an independent business. We continue to receive strong support from our core funding provider and see good interest from new potential funders.

Renovo has doubled its invoice finance and asset finance sales forces during the period and we anticipate that this increased presence in the marketplace will drive growth at an even greater rate in our 2015 financial year.

We were very pleased during the period to have hired Brian Cole as CEO. Brian's expertise and experience, previously as CEO at the GBP500m turnover UK subsidiary of Capital One, has benefited the Company significantly and he has begun the process of recruiting world class talent to join the existing senior team, rebranding the business, expanding the sales and marketing functions and setting the future technology strategy.

A further update on progress will be provided in the interim results, due to be released in September 2014.

Matt Cooper, Chairman of Renovo Group, commented: "We are pleased that our core business continues to show strong growth and it is very encouraging that the new products are seeing good demand. With Brian joining as CEO in April 2014, our development of the team, brand, and infrastructure required to deliver growth, both inside this business and beyond, continues as planned."

Brian Cole, Chief Executive of Renovo Group, commented: "Our growth during the first half of this year reflects the early stages of the transformation of Renovo into a large scale, full service SME lender. We have made good progress against our stated strategy, launching diversified products and successfully doubling the invoice finance and asset finance sales force in order to seize the growth opportunities we see in the market over coming periods. We look to the future with confidence."

Proposed change of name and requisition of General Meeting

Renovo also announces its intention to change the name of the Company to Inspired Capital plc. The change requires shareholder approval and a Notice convening a General Meeting will be issued to shareholders today. The Company believes the new name is more representative of its current activities as opposed to those previously undertaken by Renovo.

The General Meeting will be held at 12pm on 5 August at the offices of Henderson Global Investors, 201 Bishopsgate, London.

cwa1
13/7/2014
15:58
Someone with the know-how who can open a new BB thread(?), please do. We have to move on from what turned out to be a highly dubious pharma company, to our new status. Hopefully, we can turn out to be the best lending/factoring business in the UK.

Surely THIS cannot be difficult, but gaining a Which? 'Best Buy' status from our customers, will be. All depends on the vision of our BoD and key staff, and their ability to audit all the necessary controls. Weed out sharks that turn up like bad pennies and are skilled at performing best with their hands in the till, and right in front of the auditors noses. We are most vulnerable early on; as in right now.

If it's easy to pull down RBS, BOS etc., it must be just as easy to pull RNVO.

Oh, I agree with what you say 123P, but moving on from pharma to finance still needs a record in the accounts concerning all the pharma IP, stating what residual values are and who bought the cupboard that was full of goodies, especially Juvidex that had successfully tested as a cosmetic for facials and was, before the news went silent, being groomed for sale among the leading cosmetic manufacturers. If they (the BoD) gave it away to some pal, then the accounts ought to say so. I just hope that none of the previous board were able to walk off into the sunset with it, and any of the other IP, that cost tens of millions of pounds and the blood sweat and tears of all the tech staff over the many development years. Hey, I was even looking forward to getting a shot of the stuff to bring back my youthful looks - and will shut up if you can persuade those who are in the know to give me a jar of the youth dew, so I can test it out for free!(grin) .

alimo
04/7/2014
15:42
Yes, looking like a patient wait, but the fundamentals seem to be improving, which presumably will be reflected in the price before too long?
shaka198
04/7/2014
15:07
Alimo. You keep going on about the directors making a mess of the medical side. Surely those people have all gone and the board now consists of people experienced in the business finance sector? The UFG managers are continuing to run that business and I don't see them making a mess of it. I will accept that UFG paid a dividend and progress since the takeover has been mighty slow.
As to the options, I have read the accounts and the option terms need the company to steam ahead pretty speedily if they are going to be in the money. If you are a short-seller, fair enough. Otherwise I suggest patience.

123prezzie
04/7/2014
14:58
My recent comment from the LSE board: 'Never ending sells - are these from legacy 'pharma' parties? Now that RNVO is a financial company I would expect greater newsflow particularly on SME funding - where are they going with this? The original presentation doesn't seem to have been followed up with anything substantial.'

I'm accumulating on the dips but only small portions.

dendria
04/7/2014
12:31
All looking very soggy, any particular known reason other than a bit of selling?
shaka198
13/6/2014
11:56
Why all the secrecy - have they made a balls of the merger as well, as all their so called skin biochemistry, and paying themselves undeserved salaries and options?
I hope I'll have to eat my words, but all this time with no news of how the merger, and incidentally, our cash, is being managed is becoming disconcerting.

alimo
11/6/2014
06:57
AGM Statement
I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating? Can he walk the talk, good if he can.

shaka198
04/6/2014
14:58
Lot of trading buys today, Chairman buys or someone else? Encouraging, someone in the know? Hopefully sign of better things to come?
Not seen the Chairman's trades reported?

shaka198
30/5/2014
14:46
if dealt today it may not have marked. i have followed him in, that is a chunky buy and this is well backed by assets. UFG was a good business.
oregano
30/5/2014
14:31
Not sure where shares came from as not showing in trading dealings on my screen?
shaka198
30/5/2014
14:29
Sizeable Director share purchase by Cooper, looks like real money, not options, which is promising, hopefully his judgement is good, should be if he knows what is going on, which is more than anyone else does.
shaka198
28/5/2014
10:16
Anybody going to the AGM on 11 June? Happens to be my birthday but I'm not expecting any presents from RNVO - they all go to the BOD. This is what I posted on the UFG board last July:-
The UFG Directors hold about 14% including share options so, if it is going, let's hope they concentrate on negotiating a good share price and not on getting themselves juicy contracts and share options from Renovo.

123prezzie
15/5/2014
15:14
Oops! No wonder the share price fell back again today. What have Brian Cole and David Blain done to deserve these huge performance options? Surely at this stage of our development their salaries are sufficient reward for getting the share price up to 60p? Who knows anything these days - if we get growth and profits that see our share price re-rated to what it could quite easily get to, and much sooner than expected without major input from the two mentioned, then we have gifted a reward that some could say is away beyond what is necessary to give to two men who are probably already wealthy, and could have been better spent by giving shareholders rewards first, in the form of dividends. We were expecting this anyway because UFG were already paying dividends. WE don't need directors who put their needs before shareholders.

When we are allowed to know, I think we will find that we are paying these guys very well indeed already, and surely carrots are not necessary until we can see what they are capable of producing. Will FCA come in please.

It's only two years ago when we saw the quasi-bio-pharmaceutical products go just for sweeties, they say they work and then they say they don't, and we found that our top brass didn't bring in the gravy and yet they were paid huge sums with very little to show for it. We don't even know how the old RNVO wrapper with its new sweetie inside is performing, so why can directors award themselves these appallingly high sums, when they have not even earned a track record in their new positions. Surely we have to see what they can do first.

alimo
Chat Pages: 365  364  363  362  361  360  359  358  357  356  355  354  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock