ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

GFV Guin.Flght Vct

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Guin.Flght Vct LSE:GFV London Ordinary Share GB0003945101
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 17.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Guin.Flght Vct Share Discussion Threads

Chat Pages: 1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
14/7/2007
04:51
Oh dear, looks as though they might have to start actually doing something!
helpjoe
11/4/2007
08:12
precisely.
dayjob
09/4/2007
15:33
Not exactly a great start to their tenure then! The old trick of coming out with news worse than reality, so that they can look good when the value goes back up just shows them in their true light - this method actually allows them to do nothing and still look good. IMHO
helpjoe
04/4/2007
16:15
helpjoe,

it is the new management that have written down the valuations on several investments...

Guinness Flight Venture Cap Tst PLC
29 March 2007

Guinness Flight Venture Capital Trust PLC

Trading Statement

The Directors expect to issue the preliminary announcement of results for the
year ended 28 February 2007 according to the usual pattern at the end of May.

Following a thorough and ongoing review with the recently-appointed manager,
Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, the Directors have become aware of specific
adverse material developments concerning three portfolio companies, which are
likely to result in a write-down in asset value of approximately 19p.

A full revaluation of the portfolio has not yet been completed; however the
Directors believe that other portfolio companies are performing in line with
expectations or better. Taking the performance of these companies and other
factors into consideration, the Directors believe that the overall effect of the
developments mentioned above is likely to be a reduction in net asset value per
share as at 28 February 2007 to not less than 48p.

By Order of the Board

Aberdeen Asset Management PLC
Secretaries

29 March 2007

dayjob
04/4/2007
15:56
Looks like its time to have some new management as they appear to be fumbling idiots to loose some much value.IMHO
helpjoe
27/11/2003
17:52
I am going up to the AGM of Downing Healthcare next week - have been talking to the chairman - one other underperformer but the real dogs are probably the Murray ones. I think there is scope for shareholder activism here - they have probably been having things too much their own way. Plus the fact that shareholders are dying like flies.
a0002577
27/11/2003
17:29
A0002577, hi.

Worse? best part of 70% loss over 7 years is moderately poor. I suppose he could have recommended a nag in the 2.45 at haydock, but at least it would all have been over quickly one way or the other.

I'm afraid I have been hopelessly hands off on this. The vote for continuation completely pased me by. I have moved house since getting these, and wrote to let them know, but have just been passed the interims on from my old address, so goodness knows what might have happened to other post.

Sounds like a sensible plan. Cheers.

dayjob
27/11/2003
16:53
dayjob - just thank your lucky stars that your ifa didn't put you into something worse. Wind up - no hope - we just had the chance to vote for continuation.

Have you ever seen an IFA driving a small car?

I have been buying these recently as they seem to have considerable upside. What is needed is not wind up BUT some good sales and then capital distribution which are tax free. Keep in touch and we will all go to the AGM.

a0002577
27/11/2003
09:19
CR,
Sorry for not replying - I tend to look at this donkey annually (unlike the hour by hour that hrn warrants).

I was put into this by an independent financial advisor, now retired, when it started in 1996. He also managed to lose my mum about 70% of her investments.

I just wish we could petition to get this wound up - I would happily take the NAV of 77p and a 23% loss over 8 years. Reading their interim report, I just can't see any way this will ever perform, we're just keeping these clowns employed.

dayjob
08/10/2003
18:51
CR - will keep you in touch if anything happens : good hunting
a0002577
08/10/2003
18:03
dayjob - were you put into this by an Allied Dunbar or Rothschild salesman?

I believe they pushed this one hard.

Thanks for getting me here A0002577 - had my bit out of Prelude Trust, not really my sort of stock tho I can see the interest.

CR

cockneyrebel
08/10/2003
16:06
Still dropping - topped up with more yesterday. Don't think they can buy back at the moment (close period) so any more sells could produce another buying opportunity. Have a look at NAV and then see that actually this is one of the better performing VCTs and they haven't realised anything yet - could be in for some in the very short term and they can then give nice tax free dividends
a0002577
06/9/2003
08:53
It would seem that they may sometime soon now realise one of their holdings - which may mean a significant capital distribution. Theie portfolio is actually doing quite well compared to other VCTs
a0002577
14/3/2003
10:25
If the Guinness Flight VCT shareholder has not got rid of them yet - did you know that you can try and sell them back to the Manager. I am a fellow shareholder and can assure you that it because of the illiquidity of VCTs in the secondary market rather than poor performance of the Fund Manager that pushed the share price down. I have noticed recently that someone has been quietly buying stock over the last few weeks....
matthewbrown
14/2/2003
10:50
yep bought these at 40p few weeks ago .pleased with rise so far seems buy back is pulling them back .
xeryus
19/9/2002
10:07
just on the offchance....
dayjob
12/9/2002
12:58
I was put into this dog by my (ex) financial advisor when it started in early 1996. Issue price £1.00

It's been a one way journey since then, even though as a VCT might have been expected to have been weighted to the sort of .com's which could have led to a very interesting ride thru 1999-2001. At least I was spared the roller coaster ride. This is more like being pushed round Broadstairs in a wheelchair.

The most exciting aspect of the portfolio is a 1/3 share in Sooty...

Anyway, last published NAV was in excess of 83p, yet the bid is 33p. The question is, is there anything shareholders can do? Ideally, can we make them give up and give us our NAV back?

Any constructive ideas please?

dayjob
Chat Pages: 1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock