ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

AXD Alexandra

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Alexandra LSE:AXD London Ordinary Share GB0000143353 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 5.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Alexandra Share Discussion Threads

Showing 476 to 499 of 500 messages
Chat Pages: 20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
16/8/2011
10:36
Can anyone tell me what happens if you don't accept the 460 offer?
sandrag
16/8/2011
10:32
Can anyone tell me what happens if you don't accept the 460 offer?
sandrag
06/8/2010
19:36
apparently company has been sold along with dimensions to an american company.
lonrho
10/7/2010
12:58
Commiserations to holders the write down in the property tipped this over the edge. Avoid companies with high debts and look for companies with strong management like EKT.
ls lowry
09/7/2010
18:29
Check out EKT up near 20% today anyone that took my advice recently done v well The brokers have a 40p price target a lot further to go.
ls lowry
09/7/2010
15:40
I expect the company will keep on going after some sort of restructuring. It's just shareholders that are going to lose every penny, luckily I got out in time but still lost a tidy sum here.
arthur_lame_stocks
09/7/2010
15:33
I think you're right, it was interesting to have another look at this one but with bankers lurking and then the property writedown this was never a good prospect. Glad i kept my funds for other opportunities.

Such a waste of what was and could have been a good niche market leader.

davydoo
09/7/2010
15:28
Good night Vienna. Sorry for all holders as I suspect there will be no value in this for equity holders.
the big fella
09/7/2010
15:05
*DJ Alexandra Plc Statement Re Suspension

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

July 09, 2010 11:04 ET (15:04 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2010 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

TIDMAXD

RNS Number : 1516P

Alexandra PLC

09 July 2010

?

Alexandra PLC

("Alexandra" or "the Company")

Statement re Suspension

The Board of Alexandra announces that trading in the Ordinary Shares of the Company has been suspended with immediate effect. As announced on 30 June 2010, following an unsolicited preliminary approach, the Board suspended attempts to raise new equity to examine a possible sale of the Company or its assets, in conjunction with its bankers. However, the Company continues to experience significant working capital constraints and the board believes that the Company no longer has sufficient funding to enable it to continue to trade on a going concern basis and so the Company is taking steps to appoint an administrator.

9 July 2010

topinfo
09/7/2010
10:35
looks like the end :(
sscrabble
06/7/2010
08:07
Friday, July 02, 2010
HB Markets Daily Smallcap Newsflash including Alexandra, Ceres Power, Lidco Group and others

Alexandra (AXD, 7.5p, £2.51m) Currently in takeover talks it is worth noting the huge hit on the value of the company's Bothwell Park factory site. It had previously been valued at £8.07m but has been written down to just £1.6m following an unsuccessful planning application for a change of use. At the last results announcement, June2009 interims released in September 2009, Alexandra had net assets of £18.5m – so the write-down would reduce pro-forma NAT to £12m against a then net debt of £26.5m. We have suspended the Sell recommendation during the take-over discussions as there are clear reasons why the group should be worth more to a better funded parent. HOLD

sscrabble
05/7/2010
06:46
EKT camer out with a trading statement today profits expected to be significantly ahead of forecasts. The co was already expected to double last ears profits EKT powering ahead.
ls lowry
04/7/2010
09:05
If you want to make your losses back check out EKT (elektron plc) its going places. Ona low pe ratio the brokers have a price tarfet way above the present price and the co has a progresive dividend policy.
ls lowry
04/7/2010
08:11
it looks like that to me to - but to me it looks like they are actually planning it that way - they are not trying to do their best for shareholders - I spoke to one of the directors at the beginning of last week , and he was talking about positive steps they were taking for the future - looks like that future is in cahoots with whoever buys for a penny and keeps the directors employed - its a fix !!
sscrabble
03/7/2010
17:49
I recall holding this co years back and made a proft. What a mess its turned out to be. I don think u will get anywhere complaining to the FSA it looks like the property been overvalues in the balance sheet. I cant see the bid coming off too much debt. Looks to me like administration.
ls lowry
03/7/2010
14:31
I'll be amazed if you get anything out of it to be honest with you. I think this one's all but over now.
arthur_lame_stocks
02/7/2010
18:25
this really does smack of a big con - why has the valuation dropped to £1.6 million ? It was £8 mllion when they decided it might get planning permission for a supermarket - before that it was valued at £4 million for the plot of land as it stood - so why £1.6 million - because it suits the managements purposes - I for on will be asking the FSA to look into any kind of scam to fiddle shareholders here.
sscrabble
02/7/2010
10:32
Yeah, I reckon they're finished now. I've sold out.
arthur_lame_stocks
02/7/2010
09:40
Erm - not as loaded with assets as first thought. The Bothwell Park valuation is a bit of a choker! Possibly the straw that will break the camel's back.
the big fella
01/7/2010
19:01
Personally I don't think there'll be anything for shareholders out of a takeover. I'm glad I sold as I got at least some of my money out.

Must learn the lesson never to buy hastily into a company with too much debt purely on the offchance of making a quick gain on an uncertain outcome.

Lesson learnt hopefully, but i'm sure i'll make a few more mistakes.

arthur_lame_stocks
30/6/2010
19:22
Site Search
Register Community Message Board Buy Books Rumour Mill Stock Quotes Stockwatch Subscriptions SuperMarket Level
NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT
Share Home | Chart this share | Trade Info
Forthcoming Ex-Dividends | Renamed/Deleted | Director Deals | Recent Issues | Recent Results | Movers
New 12-Mth Highs | New 12-Mth Lows | Action Stocks | Action Data | Currencies | £9.99 Flat Fee - Trade Now
Search for Share

TIDMAXD

RNS Number : 5293O

Alexandra PLC

30 June 2010

?

Alexandra PLC

("Alexandra" or "the Company")

Suspension of Fundraising Process and commencement of Offer Period

The Company previously announced, on 8 March 2010 and 30 April 2010, that it

intended to undertake an equity fundraising following completion of the audit of

the Company's accounts for the 14 month period ended 31 March 2010.

The Board now announces that following an unsolicited preliminary approach,

which may or may not lead to an offer being made for the Company or its assets,

the fundraising process has been suspended whilst the Board re-examines a

possible sale of the Company or its assets, in conjunction with its bankers.

As previously announced the Company's current debt facilities remain repayable

on demand.

No assurance can be given that the preliminary approach or examination of a sale

will lead to an offer for either the Company or any or all of its assets or,

furthermore, whether any such transaction (if one occurs) would be at a value

that would lead to a return for shareholders.

This announcement commences an Offer Period for the purposes of the City Code on

Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code"). In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the Code the

Company confirms that, as at the close of business on 29 June 2010, it had

33,409,654 ordinary shares of 10 pence each in issue. The International

Securities Identification Number for the Ordinary Shares is GB0000143353.

sscrabble
17/6/2010
07:35
Agreed re debt also land. Got caught with Dyson the same way. Teh other things I now watch for are pension risk, which with long established coys can be a killer given increased life expectancy and also significant increases in trade debtors where ther could be a significant risk of non payment.

The real kiler,(imo) which I find difficult to spot apart from very detailed analysis of cash flow is revenue recognition. One of the recent worst in this area was INVU, (where luckily I got out in time), They (from memeory) wrote of a large part of a year's+ revenue.

Have fun.

pugugly
17/6/2010
07:15
I guess I thought that if they could get £15m for that land their debt would be mostly paid off and they were making operating profits of £6m a couple of years ago too. I bought in just before they wrote off about £10m of stock! so caught them at their recent high. Luckily not too painful a lesson but a lesson none the less.

Never buy over indebted companies!!!

This one reminds me of Yorkshire Group a few years ago.

arthur_lame_stocks
17/6/2010
07:08
ALS:- At last they have caught up with you. rns just issued. Incompetence by management?.

While I have had on watch list for ages could never justify buying this or any other uniform company. The whole sector seemed to me to be in decline.

pugugly
Chat Pages: 20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock