ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

SDIC Sdic Power.

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Name Symbol Market Type
Sdic Power. LSE:SDIC London Depository Receipt
  Price Change % Change Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 18.00 - 0 00:00:00

Sdic Power Discussion Threads

Showing 1551 to 1573 of 1575 messages
Chat Pages: 63  62  61  60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
04/11/2023
16:01
Its being wound up so yes to tax loss
bisiboy
04/11/2023
07:27
Did you get any additional information like what is supposed to be voted? There is nothing new at the Isle of Man online registry: hxxps://services.gov.im/ded/services/companiesregistry/purchasefileanddocumentlist.iom?BusinessEntityId=148086

Perhaps they are finally dissolving it and I can take the tax loss?

grijandel
07/1/2019
15:14
I'm not UK-based :-P
grijandel
07/1/2019
11:28
Grijandel, You should be able to crystallise the tax loss whenever you want by making a negligible value claim.
scburbs
07/1/2019
11:08
Can someone explain the connection between this company and Speymill Group plc(SYG) which delisted in 2015 and which also appears to have sunk under the radar?
rj allen
07/1/2019
10:03
The last accounts I downloaded from the Isle of Man registry (30-Jun-17) show basically zero assets and 480k € of liabilities mostly with a related party. According to the last accounts I have where they bothered to provide a directors report (30-Jun-14, they don't seem to care anymore to write a few words explaining whats going on) the liabilities correspond to a loan by Mr Mellon provided in order to pursue legal claims.

This means that unless there is a huge victory at the courts I would expect to recover zero. The only value of this position is the tax loss to be surfaced one day.

grijandel
06/1/2019
15:22
Were there ever any updates on a return to shareholders? I feel completely in the dark still. Have we lost all of our money?
mazbar
08/8/2015
19:22
good spot
i hope mr mellon isnt involved in this outfit?

bisiboy
03/8/2015
10:24
German residential exits continue to deliver for Benson Elliot
August 3, 2015 Germany, News, Residential

Benson Elliot, the UK-based private equity real estate fund manager, has announced the sale of 700 units from its German residential portfolio to Frankfurt Stock Exchange listed LEG Immobilien AG. The total consideration for the transaction represents a rental yield of 6.8%.

The properties sold to LEG are all located in North-Rhine Westphalia. They constitute part of the TOR Portfolio, which originally encompassed more than 3,000 residential and ancillary commercial units across Germany. The portfolio, which secured a c. €187m loan to subsidiaries of Speymill Deutsche Immobilien Company PLC, was acquired by Benson Elliot out of an Isle-of-Man receivership in 2012. That process was directed by special servicer Hatfield Philips International Limited and receiver Ernst & Young, in conjunction with the borrower. Benson Elliot’s purchase of the TOR Portfolio represented one of the first defaulted CMBS portfolio loans to be resolved in the aftermath of the Global Financial Crisis.

Since acquisition, Benson Elliot and joint venture partner Wertgrund Immobilien have undertaken a wide range of asset management initiatives: reorganising management, conceiving and implementing a carefully targeted capex programme, and developing and rolling out a dynamic new marketing and leasing strategy. Over 1,000 leases have been signed to date, and occupancy across the portfolio – which is concentrated in prime metropolitan areas such as Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg and Cologne – has been increased from 90% to 97%.

With this latest sale Benson Elliot has realised well over €200m of disposal proceeds from the TOR Portfolio investment, exiting 69 of the original 80 assets (c. 2,300 units). Benson Elliot investors have received distributions to date above 150% of invested capital, with significant additional value embedded in the remainder of the portfolio.

Georg Strassner, Principal and co-head of Germany at Benson Elliot, commented: “We have seen strong income and capital growth across the TOR Portfolio since we acquired it some three years ago. We were confident at the time of purchase that quality residential assets like these – once stabilised – would prove attractive to buyers seeking reliable income in a low interest rate environment. The asset management programme has been highly focused, and demonstrably effective: we’ve created desirable investments, and been disciplined about harvesting these as we’ve progressed. We’ll look to wind down the remaining assets in the near term, crystallising the remaining value in what has been a highly successful investment for Benson Elliot.”

sleepy
21/3/2015
11:41
sharesoc says "We won’t shirk from tackling companies, the Government or other institutions if we think you are not being treated fairly."

What do you reckon?

mazbar
21/3/2015
11:35
I wonder if it's worth getting www.sharesoc.org involved?

They are on the side of the private investor and make sure our voices get heard.

mazbar
04/2/2015
08:18
Is it worth contacting this lot with regard to a compensation claim (given the stated NAV and content of previous RNSs) on a simialr basis to Quindell?:

www.yourlegalfriend.com

boystown
22/12/2014
09:58
davidosh - that would be great but there must be a legal obligation somewhere along the line here?

I only have 50,000 shares so it's not life-changing. But it's a lot of money to me, particularly as I work hard for a living and have three children to look after. I was investing in a company that was 'safe' in that, if the cash position deteriorated, there was substantial value in the underlying assets or so they said.

boystown
19/12/2014
13:44
I think shareholders should demand a meeting with Jim Mellon...He must have the answers and half the SDIC property no doubt !
davidosh
19/12/2014
09:17
Can anyone explain to me what is happening here?

I’ve never heard anything via my broker but it seems impossible that there can’t be any residual value – yet it’s been three and a half years now since they said anything.

But the last we knew, we had 34 Euro cents per share and they were "actively seeking to put together a re-financing package to present to the lending banks and the Receivers in order to regain control of the SPVs with a view to re-building shareholder value…

And …

“The Company's recently published annual report for the year ended 30 June 2010 reported total equity value of about €116 million and therefore the directors believe that there is substantial equity value attributable to SDIC through loans provided by SDIC to the SPVs.”

What will happen next …. EVER? Does anyone know?

boystown
01/6/2014
11:58
On a side note, I have a vague memory of JM and co. having received stock options in consideration for working capital loans, with pretty low maximum prices to be paid for converting them, so if there's any value left those would most certainly come into play. I believe there was something about it in the last annual report I saw.
investor_tp
01/6/2014
01:10
Has anyone seen an Administrators report ?
davidosh
31/5/2014
18:39
Daviddosh
if you are talking of Jim Mellon

...personally I wouldnt trust him...
based on what he did at Manx Bank...
"mega" dilution via conv. loans
at a moment when the share price meant he knew he was 99% sure of making a killing...

smithie6
20/5/2014
06:58
Well maybe I'm naive but the last we knew, we had 34 Euro cents per share and:

"The ongoing directors of SDIC will be actively seeking to put together a re-financing package to present to the lending banks and the Receivers in order to regain control of the SPVs with a view to re-building shareholder value. SDIC remains in contact with the lending banks in this regard. The Company's recently published annual report for the year ended 30 June 2010 reported total equity value of about €116 million and therefore the directors believe that there is substantial equity value attributable to SDIC through loans provided by SDIC to the SPVs.

So yes - there should be value attributable left to ordinary shareholders???

boystown
19/5/2014
22:41
We tried to set up a meeting with Mellon but he put every hurdle and block on it that he could possibly find ! maybe we need to have another go ?
davidosh
19/5/2014
17:43
Return of cash? Hah.
investor_tp
19/5/2014
17:24
Does anyone know when we're likely to hear anything about realisation of the assets and return of cash?
boystown
02/4/2014
17:00
interview with Mellon 'THE Master Investor......' in April Spreadbet Mag.,

it mentions the pile of cash he's about to make from 'his' German properties but I cannot see any reference to this. I wonder why ??

the troll
Chat Pages: 63  62  61  60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock