ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

OHM Off. Hydro

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Off. Hydro LSE:OHM London Ordinary Share GB0034272194 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 5.25 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3051 to 3073 of 3075 messages
Chat Pages: 123  122  121  120  119  118  117  116  115  114  113  112  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
24/1/2012
20:34
Have we been re-rated yet? lol I'm guessing the main board is filled with more pointless speculation about the MM's manipulating the stock for some unknown buyer who continually buys buckets. Despite which they don't raise the price for even the buyer to benefit....and so it continues...
rattlesnake28
22/12/2011
09:46
OHM should be RSI now. I am just a squatter here.
ucasavi
21/12/2011
22:18
is this finished?
the ballcock
20/12/2011
10:00
It could be so. I think it is also that the shipping season starts only in July, so I am not sure what to expect before that unless they find good contractors for Petrosakh and start drilling earlier. Until they give some proper details how the cash will be spent, the share price will remain weak. They cannot waste cash anymore as their main objective - "restructuring" the taas loan has been achieved. It had to be done asap as no one could be sure for how long the BoD or the loan itself would survive IMO. The silence of the BoD about where the placing cash has gone may also imply they have got something to hide. If they now waste the cash it will also be all over for them in terms of salaries. On a positive note though: the fact that they fought for their free shares gives us some hope they these will be worth something; not just devaluing the company, selling it for peanuts and then getting some "broker fees" through a back door.
ucasavi
20/12/2011
09:19
It is now heading towards 6pps, perhaps the market is now pricing in future money wastage.
rattlesnake28
16/12/2011
11:20
Lol, no more actions from my side I am afraid. The Bod knows when to throw a bone to the roaring lions. In my past lives I used to sell my soul for 30 silver coins, but do it for a 1.5 p skinny rabbit is below even me;-)

But what wonders me is that people make a conscious decision not to change anything, and when nothing changes, they start asking why the share price remains undervalued as it has been all the time before?

Anyway there is a simple reasoning behind the present sp: a year ago it was 11-12p, since then nothing has been achieved, but writing off $15m is 4pps so that we have 7-8p

ucasavi
16/12/2011
11:09
I believe you have to wait until the share price remains stagnant for many months irritating the masses into action, although if a few crumbs fall off the table you'll be back to square 1 as they'll be singing their praises ;)
rattlesnake28
16/12/2011
10:16
I guess some are missing the point. They say, let leave the BoD to do the task. There is a small issue though. They can sell Arcticneft for $50m. But how will this affect the sp? Selling Taas for $25m boosted the share price by 1.5p. So will selling Arcticneft boost it by 3p?
ucasavi
16/12/2011
10:02
one two three, checking the mike.
ucasavi
08/12/2011
17:19
The penny dropped and it dropped to a penny. OHM now known as RSI.
gwr7
02/9/2011
15:39
Sort of.
Company was floated as OHM.
OHM took over Rock Solid Images.
Then the EM bit, which was the original company, was divested, leaving basically RSI.
Hence current RSI is basically just the original RSI. (I used to work with their software. It was good).
and
The original OHM is now merged with EMGS
R.I.P. OHM.

sandlab
02/9/2011
15:22
OHM is now RSI
schrodingers_cat
02/9/2011
15:04
The vessels sail off into the sunset...to EMGS.
sandlab
08/4/2011
00:13
My thought is never invest in a company run by academics/professors etc.

CRA is another springs to mind.

Then you've got all the Tealeaf shares.

bones30
04/2/2011
10:17
"After an optimistic start the financial year to 31 August 2010 turned out to be our toughest on record as shown by a pre tax loss of £17.3 million"

Oh that's good. I knew it would be a record but they've done the business there. I took profits on EMGS yesterday and am so pleased they've done well after the patent dispute during which they were portrayed as the bad guys. Funny how the patent hearing officer, Mr. Hayward, didn't say the EMGS guys were unconvincing witnesses, and he's been proved right.

As for the name change, I think anyone would be ashamed to work for a company called OHM. RSI was the small minority company when they bought it but that's about all there is left (and it's not even worth what they paid for it). Not the first badly managed company to have listed on aim and no doubt not the last.

gwr7
04/2/2011
07:30
"...Sector Asset Management and Seatrans together have a 61% shareholding in the Company and are considered by the Takeover Panel to be a "Concert Party". Shareholders should be aware that although it has been very supportive to the Company, the Concert Party's majority stake in the voting rights of the Company means that it is able, if it so wishes, to propose and exert significant influence over resolutions proposed at future general meetings of the Company including, if it so wishes, resolutions to de-list the Company..."

One of many interesting passages in today's bumper statement

Along with

"..A resolution will be put to shareholders at the Annual General Meeting to change the name of the Company to Rock Solid Images plc.."

rockraven
18/1/2011
09:39
Appointment of Dr. Michael Frenkel as V.P. of Research & Development

Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping plc (AIM: OHM) announced today the appointment of Dr. Michael Frenkel as V.P. of Research and Development, based in Houston, Texas. Previously Dr. Frenkel was V.P. of Geosciences at EMGS Americas.

During the last three years, Dr. Frenkel has been managing a spectrum of large-scale marine CSEM exploration projects and also served as a co-chair of the non-seismic committee of SEAM (SEG Advanced Modeling Corporation). While working at the Houston Technology Center of Baker Hughes from 1992 to 2007, he led research and development of cutting--edge well logging data acquisition and inversion-based interpretation technologies. In the 80s, Dr. Frenkel published pioneering works in the areas of CSEM data processing and subsurface imaging, which advanced the idea of back propagating or migrating the scattered EM field.

Commenting on the appointment, Dr. Lucy MacGregor, OHM's Chief Technology Officer, stated:

"Dr. Frenkel brings to the company over 30 years of theoretical and practical experience in 3D surface and borehole electromagnetics, and we are delighted to welcome him to our growing team in Houston. Dr. Frenkel shares our passion and vision regarding integrated interpretation using the shared earth model and has unique experience and skills to accelerate our progress and market penetration."

Lets hope he can do something for the company
humph

humphries1
07/12/2010
12:19
Bets on when the RNS with record dreadful results will come out? Could be Christmas Eve. The new boy is a PR man after all.
gwr7
01/12/2010
15:36
See we have buyer's today :-)
5dally
18/11/2010
08:10
Classic, that's made my day, pratt has left the building.
"Dave, who resigns as a director immediately, will remain available to the Company for a period of time to provide advice should it be required."
Er, no dave I don't think so.
It's a case of do you want the good news or the bad news as his replacement may very well have a longer nose. I wonder if they tapped up Alistair Campbell for the job. In too low a division for him though.

gwr7
21/10/2010
17:18
1 buy of at full ask just before the bell
5dally
21/10/2010
09:50
Long may it continue andrbea:-)
5dally
21/10/2010
09:48
2-day riser