ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

STVG Stv Group Plc

7.50 (3.30%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Stv Group Plc LSE:STVG London Ordinary Share GB00B3CX3644 ORD 50P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  7.50 3.30% 234.50 229.00 240.00 - 16,980 16:35:27
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Television Broadcast Station 137.8M 17.5M 0.3746 6.06 106.06M
Stv Group Plc is listed in the Television Broadcast Station sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker STVG. The last closing price for Stv was 227p. Over the last year, Stv shares have traded in a share price range of 175.00p to 256.50p.

Stv currently has 46,722,499 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Stv is £106.06 million. Stv has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 6.06.

Stv Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1476 to 1499 of 1500 messages
Chat Pages: 60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50  49  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/3/2024
17:53
Now we are going great guns in studios it might be worth merging with Zinc Media Grouo.

The synergies could be beneficial for both parties to get more critical scale.

I think Zinc shareholders would love our dividend.

bedford1976
05/3/2024
22:50
Trading on a mid single digit PE and offering a mid single digit dividend yield, STV is priced like an income stock but the strategic pivot to the attractive Studios and Digital verticals - supported by the Broadcast cash cow - makes this a growth stock to my mind.
pdosullivan
05/3/2024
19:37
6x P/E only
Advertising up on 2023 also

justiceforthemany
23/2/2024
23:04
Looks like the trend has changed lets hope that means some good news in the upcoming results.
pj84
05/2/2024
13:20
I dont know if an ITV deal would fall foul of competition issues + Scottish politics but it must be a fair bet. However if it weren't the case, then it would be a brilliant deal for ITV: Simon Pitt replaced the Dame; ITV gets to do an eps enhancing deal at a knock-down price; lots of cost synergies; ITV battered credibility partially restored after walking away from last summer's much-touted All3Media deal (suspect the numbers couldn't be made to add up, and the business cycle was going south). The same thinking applies to any number of potential purchasers as STV does look mighty vulnerable given that UK institutions have pretty much walked away from investing in mid-small cap UK plc. I think that the share price on improving fundamentals alone is worth 300p. Pitt has fundamentally reshaped &n IMO derisked the business rebalancing the business away from its reliance on linear tv-related income. It is a very attractive business for a potential predator even more so since Pitt effectively has created an incubator of interesting studios, some of which could really motor.
fevertreeman
01/2/2024
18:11
STV have increased their stake in Two Cities a high end production company. Really does feel like this company belongs in the ITV / ITV Studios family.
The SNP aren't what they were without Sturgeon, and I don't think there is any rationale to block a takeover if the public service provided is maintained or strengthened by a larger organisational structure.

bedford1976
02/1/2024
21:05
Short term challenging unless bid comes in. Euro 2024 and Scotland qualified! Big help. Also Olympics and election year may boost advertising revenues.
justiceforthemany
02/1/2024
17:07
We will be amply rewarded imv over the next 12 months
fevertreeman
02/1/2024
16:38
Added a small amount.
P/E roughly 6.
Multi year lows.
M&A target

justiceforthemany
19/10/2023
09:34
I doubt ITV will be in the frame as the competition authorities would be all over it, as would the Scots Nats. But I agree, it looks very vulnerable to a move by a European.US media group keen to get hold of their broadcasting licence, advertising network, programme back catalogue, and of course access to an impressive array of production talent. Absolutely crazy valuation - Simon Pitts talks a good game but so far the board has done nothing to arrest the slide - no share buyback, little in the way of director purchases etc....if a bid comes (as I think it will) then once again UK plc will kick itself for the complete lack of support for UK companies from long term investors. MiFId, Gordon Brown, Pension regulations, liability matching (that didnt work well given the slide in bond prices) FCA etc are strangling support for enterprise in the UK....
fevertreeman
09/10/2023
19:10
STV market cap is down to £86m this company look vulnerable to an ITV takeover to complete the network or maybe a Canadian media group.
bedford1976
05/10/2023
12:45
I posted this on the Wincanton thread but as pdosullivan mentions above it may give some insight on the potential change in pension liabilities.

some excerpts from the article: -

"It was the stock market surprise of the week: Wincanton, the trucking company, delighted investors on Wednesday by announcing that its staff pension scheme had dramatically swung back into surplus for the first time in decades.

The company would not now have to make previously promised contributions to the scheme of about £25 million a year for the next four years. And it was immediately released from restrictions on how much it could pay shareholders in dividends."

"Like many UK companies with long histories, Wincanton had been the prisoner of defined benefit pension promises going back decades. It has a market value of about £400 million but until recently its pension fund was three times bigger with about £1.2 billion of outstanding promises to 12,800 current and former lorry drivers and warehouse workers."

pj84
30/9/2023
15:51
Triennial pension valuation at year end is worth monitoring here. The step change in the rate environment could lead to sharply reduced PV of liabilities, resulting in a material reduction in cash payments into the pension scheme.
pdosullivan
27/9/2023
15:42
What a depressing stock this is 1 decent rise in 2 years lol 😝
brianblu
15/9/2023
08:42
Guardian - 15/9/23

‘Studios are like ghost towns’: how Britain’s TV and film industry fell into a hole

simon gordon
18/8/2023
15:37
Watching this play out looks totally manufactured
brianblu
17/8/2023
11:26
Still watching now and again with intrigue
brianblu
04/8/2023
14:40
Still watching this very interesting fund selling up here I’d say
brianblu
28/7/2023
11:28
On my watchlist I can see stvg being taken out down here eventually possibly drop more but surely bargain territory
linton5
20/7/2023
08:20
Yes does look very undervalued very low volumes daily here big shareholders keeping a hold of stock
brianblu
19/7/2023
23:37
Just caught up on yesterday's investor meet presentation on the recent Greenbird Media acquisition.

All very positive, immediately earnings enhancing, all financed from existing resources, debt covenants still at the lower end of the range, has achieved their target of diversifying earnings with studios now almost equal to broadcast. The STV creative labels has more than doubled from 9 to 24, the returning series has more than trebled from 12 to 39. Of the 15 new labels 3 are already majority owned, 6 are large minority stakes between 25 and 40% and 6 are minority c5% and this allows STV to monitor the growth and pursue further M & A by increasing stakes in these various studio labels.

pj84
10/7/2023
15:39
Dozens of great small and mid cap companies being shafted through lack of interest from institutions. STV is one of them. Cant believe the reqaction either, but in current febrile environment with interest rates putting pressure on spending and recession a possibility this deal may have scared off some folk especially given size of deal to market cap notwithstanding its eps enhancing. So many companies out there likely to be scooped up at huge discounts by private equity.
fevertreeman
10/7/2023
15:35
Dozens of great small and mid cap companies being shafted through lack of interest from institutions. STV is one of them. Cant believe the reqaction either, but in current febrile environment with interest rates putting pressure on spending and recession a possibility this deal may have scared off some folk especially given size of deal to market cap notwithstanding its eps enhancing. So many companies out there likely to be scooped up at huge iscounts by private equity
fevertreeman
07/7/2023
13:19
Surprised that the transformative Studios acquisition announced yesterday has not sparked more of a share price reaction. On completion it will make STV the third largest nations and regions producer of content. Stock is trading on c.6x consensus 2024 earnings.
pdosullivan
Chat Pages: 60  59  58  57  56  55  54  53  52  51  50  49  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock