ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

SBRY Sainsbury (j) Plc

-1.50 (-0.55%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Sainsbury (j) Plc LSE:SBRY London Ordinary Share GB00B019KW72 ORD 28 4/7P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  -1.50 -0.55% 270.40 271.00 271.20 273.10 268.80 272.70 4,000,070 16:35:11
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Grocery Stores 31.49B 207M 0.0878 30.82 6.38B
Sainsbury (j) Plc is listed in the Grocery Stores sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker SBRY. The last closing price for Sainsbury (j) was 271.90p. Over the last year, Sainsbury (j) shares have traded in a share price range of 244.10p to 310.60p.

Sainsbury (j) currently has 2,356,866,697 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Sainsbury (j) is £6.38 billion. Sainsbury (j) has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 30.82.

Sainsbury (j) Share Discussion Threads

Showing 24076 to 24097 of 24100 messages
Chat Pages: 964  963  962  961  960  959  958  957  956  955  954  953  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/3/2024
06:27
The Times

Investors looking to pile their baskets high could do worse than consider shopping for Sainsbury’s, analysts at UBS have decided. The Swiss bank upgraded the supermarket to “buy” after concluding it was cheaper than Tesco. UBS said that Sainsbury’s had been consistently increasing its prices at a lower rate than its peers. Last month Sainsbury’s, which is Britain’s second-biggest supermarket with a 15.2 per cent market share, set a new cost savings target of £1 billion over the next three years. Sainsbury’s believes this will boost returns for its shareholders and UBS is in agreement, as the bank lifted its earnings forecast for the supermarket. Sainsbury’s pledged to shareholders that investments in technology and automation would improve its efficiency. UBS believes this will drive an increase in profit margins and thinks the supermarket will report underlying profits ahead of market consensus in its annual results. Analysts at UBS said the market had not taken into account the cash returns produced by Sainsbury’s and its margin recovery over the past few years. The bullish note boosted shares in the supermarket, which ended the day up 9½p, or 3.6 per cent, to 272p

unastubbs
27/3/2024
17:16
Tomorrow another 10 points upwards.
pirates4
27/3/2024
15:30
Good Times ahead here, charging points for electric cars, carbon zero by2035, automated stock, greener vehicles, etc
pirates4
27/3/2024
09:56
Funny how instant reply before and now rádio silence.

Right I’m off Logan. Get into Sainsbury’s and dump that over priced dog tesco.

havinthelasttoast
27/3/2024
09:39
Kantar quoted above

Happy to retract the taking market share from tesco and rephrase to taking market share better than tesco.

The underlying business is so much stronger which you will see in the price action over the next year. But why because you are a tesco holder do you come to Sainsbury’s to slate. Hopefully you lose a bucket full on that dog. It’s been a real dog the last ten years. Are you a bag holder hehe

It’s all about timing and Sainsbury’s has the momentum.

Tesco woof woof, details aren’t your strong point Logan, lovya x

havinthelasttoast
27/3/2024
09:39
I'm just using Kantar grocery market share figures, comparing their latest, with last years for Tesco and January's this years for Sainsbury's.
loganair
27/3/2024
09:24
"rapidly taking market share from tesco etc."???????

A year ago Tesco market share was 27.4% today it's 27.3% just 0.1% difference which is within the margin of error.

Since the start of the year Sainsbury's market share has fallen from 15.7% to 15.2%, which is the worse out of the big 5 supermarkets in the UK - therefore Sainsbury's management are delivering absolutely no growth what so ever, in fact they are currently delivering a decline.

loganair
27/3/2024
09:19
Stubbs the stock has underperformed, but this is a revitalised business and is rapidly taking market share from tesco etc.

Also the traders sold off when the management delivered a 3 year plan for growth which required capex for things like electric charging stations.

The company is setting itself up to be a powerhouse and the growth is exceptional givens its already big size. It’s cost cutting of 1b over 3 years and the share buy back this year (wonder when they will start ) means this can really only go one way given the company has an ebitda of 1.2b and you have to look beyond official numbers of profit to see the underlying profit and free cash flow.

For me this is at least a double in a few years along with divs on the way.

Clearly UBS agrees with me even if it took them a little longer.

havinthelasttoast
27/3/2024
09:02
UBS upgrades to buy from neutral Today and increases price target to 295 from 275

Toast told you at 2.46 :)

havinthelasttoast
27/3/2024
08:55
Havin - so agree. I sometimes wonder why there is so much negativity on this board. I think I asked Logan once whether he actually owned shares in this one (it may have been Tesco - sorry Logan) and he said he did. Oh well...perhaps he is just a negative person, glass half empty

meanwhile in the real world some more bull sustenance

unastubbs
26/3/2024
18:18
When I told you to buy at 2.46 not only was the technicals positive for a bounce but the data was very strong.

This will hit 300 soon.

Loganair the numpty must be short lol

havinthelasttoast
26/3/2024
12:31
They could let likes of asda merge into 1 rather to see so many aldi stores in so many locations
pirates4
26/3/2024
12:30
Where the monopoly play in this now, ?
pirates4
21/3/2024
11:54
Aldi has revealed its latest wish list of priority locations across London where there is "strong demand" for stores and is looking to build new stores – including Bromley, Beckenham, Richmond, Walthamstow, Wanstead, Winchmore Hill, Notting Hill, Chelsea, Kensington, Chiswick, Highbury, Hackney and Barnet.

As part of a £500 million investment to bring more stores to within the M25, Aldi is looking to open another 100 stores which would create around 3,500 new jobs in the region.

In addition, the supermarket says it is also on the lookout for sites to accommodate its Aldi Local store format, which are around 5,000sq ft in size.

Jonathan Neale, managing director of national real estate at Aldi UK, said: “We want to make high quality, affordable food accessible to all, but there are still many areas in the capital that don’t have access to an Aldi and, as a result, too many people have to make do with big prices at the traditional supermarkets.

“The locations we’ve identified are places where there is demand for our stores and we are committed to continue investing until we can bring our quality products and unbeatable prices to as many people as possible.”

loganair
17/3/2024
17:25
Tesco and Sainsbury’s issue resolved. Hardly a big deal in the scheme of things. Someone made a balls and didn’t test an upgrade well enough when deployed. It happens. Hopefully get a little fluff down tomorrow for a buying opp.
havinthelasttoast
17/3/2024
15:43
It's only going to get worse as they have no redundancy or back up when it fails and it will fail from time to time and that's the stupidity or relying 100% on modern technology and computer programming.

In days gone by, when things were done by people, if one or two became sick, the others could easily cover.

loganair
17/3/2024
11:00
Tesco's affected to an extent as well. They says it's not related but if not it's a bizarre coincidence.
bountyhunter
16/3/2024
17:33
This is why I never allow automatic updates on any of my devices.

Always wait until the Guinea pigs have fully tested updates for a few weeks at least, before allowing them on my phones and computers.

spob
16/3/2024
17:25
McDonalds had issues the other day and Tesco also having problems today.

Looks like windows update gone wrong or similar.

Have they tried switching everything off and on again. Lol

spob
16/3/2024
17:18
They are having major system wide issues today. Not just payment issues.

Customers dumping shopping at checkouts because can’t pay. Creating chaos for staff to put goods back.

Customers going outside to get cash from ATMs. Only to find the ATMs are not working either.

BBC saying some stores can’t even print the labels for the bread in the in-store bakery.

Also I have heard the online shoppers in some stores can’t pick new online grocery orders because their hand sets are not working.

More automation and a cash-less society is what we need. Hahaha 😂

spob
16/3/2024
12:56
Always annoys me this.They just put it down to a "technical issue " and that the end of it but what went wrong why wasn't it tested before going live across the company something as catastrophic that it brings virtually the entire company to a holt really shouldn't happen in this day and age when we are repeatedly encouraged not to carry cash.
tim 3
16/3/2024
12:22
Sainsbury's: 'Vast majority' of online deliveries cancelled over technical issues

Plus chaos in stores due to no contactless payments and self scan checkouts cash only. ATM problems too.

spob
Chat Pages: 964  963  962  961  960  959  958  957  956  955  954  953  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock