ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

JIIS JPMor Indian S

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
JPMor Indian S LSE:JIIS London Ordinary Share GB00B3CSXS18 SUB SHS 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 22.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

JPMor Indian S Share Discussion Threads

Showing 51 to 73 of 75 messages
Chat Pages: 3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
09/1/2014
03:06
SUBSCRIPTION RIGHTS The Company has announced that a Trustee has been appointed over the
outstanding Subscription Shares not exercised by the final exercise date.

In accordance with the Subscription Share terms, the Trustee will decide whether or not to exercise the outstanding Subscription Share Rights within 14 days of the final exercise date, such period expiring at the latest at close of business on 16 January 2014.

To the extent not exercised by the Trustee, the Subscription Share Rights will lapse at close of business on 16 January 2014 and, in accordance with the Shareholder Resolution proposed at the Annual General Meeting to be held on 30 January 2014, all outstanding Subscription Shares will be converted immediately into Deferred Shares and automatically repurchased by the Company for a nominal amount and cancelled.

The Company shall not be obliged to issue Share Certificates to Shareholders in respect of the Deferred Shares or account to any Holder of Deferred Shares for the repurchase moneys in respect of such Deferred Shares.

Expected Timetable: 16 January 2014 - The Subscription Share rights will lapse, 30 January 2014 - General Meeting, 17 February 2014 - Listing of the Subscription Shares to be cancelled. Further Information may follow in due course.

peterbill
04/4/2011
12:59
When I wrote that, I was thinking more of some panic induced by "professional" investors, rather than a real event like an earthquake or the events in the Middle East. It seems that real events have a negligible impact on the markets.
aldasoa
18/3/2011
01:09
As far as the global financial recovery is concerned and in particular the Indian market the Japanese disaster is 'trvial'.
The Indian market has hardly fallen compared to the Nikkei or even the Dow & FTSE. The Indian market had already fallen 10% prior to the Japanese earthquake.

With regard to Japan and its people it's a total disaster of huge proportions.

tarvold
17/3/2011
19:11
aldasoa
"................and there is bound to be some trivial event over the next few months that will put world markets into some sort of tailspin."

sort of correct :-)

gurp
13/3/2011
18:05
aldasoa, good call on toppy markets in October ... this has dropped almost 50% from it's high. With world events (Libya and Japan) having a financial impact these will probably go lower before any recovery.
peterbill
25/10/2010
13:28
Converted some more JIIS to JII, difference in theoretical price up to 20p with the rise in JII today.
tarvold
25/10/2010
11:41
mangal, thanks for the comments. I'll put some pressure on Natwest some time then. I'm in no hurry at the moment as the current market looks a bit toppy, and there is bound to be some trivial event over the next few months that will put world markets into some sort of tailspin.
aldasoa
22/10/2010
20:28
aldasoa, yes I did buy JIIS within my ISA with TD Waterhouse. I agree it's a bit of a hassle changing ISA providers but you could always start another one as long as you haven't used up your annual allowance or wait till next year to find someone who is flexible enough to allow you to trade subs within it; I have never had any problems trading the LSE-listed subs within my TDW ISA.
mangal
22/10/2010
12:20
It is indeed possible to hold these in an ISA, namely the free ones, but my ISA provider (NatWest) would not let me buy more in the ISA. Perhaps I should have got a second opinion from another employee.

mangal, have you actually bought JIIS within your ISA? Changing ISA provider is not trivial and is not worth it just so that I can hold a few more JIIS. Nonethelsee, I would be interested in knowing who your ISA provider is, and I might be able to use it as leverage.

aldasoa
19/10/2010
12:57
There is no reason why these can't be held in an ISA. I hold mine in one. Maybe it's time to change your broker, aldasoa.
mangal
19/10/2010
12:48
One reason for not going through this route is that it is not possible to buy JIIS in an ISA, but you can buy JII. At least my ISA provider won't allow me.
aldasoa
06/10/2010
21:38
Tarvoid. Well done, can't understand why many others who want to hold the Ords don't use this 'discount' route.
chrisgail
05/10/2010
00:44
I've just been through the process of converting some JIIS subscription shares into JII shares, added it to the header.
Through doing this I increased my realised profit on my holding by approx 6%.

tarvold
21/9/2010
19:01
Subs coversion price 247 buy at 230 = 477 a discount to the Ord shares, still some way to go for the subs price to reflrct their value.
chrisgail
21/9/2010
13:00
soaring ahead; more than made up for the dip in April
Prospects of Indian economy looks good. So should do even better medium / long term.

blue_max
23/4/2010
17:08
10p spread with subs compared to just 1p with JII
Selftrade quoted 165/175 online. My limit order with a dealer went through at 174.5p
Thought I will take advantage of the dip in share price
Temporary weakness I hope! So was glad to see JIIS closing a pence up at 166.5/176.5. No trades took place after my purchase at 174.5p; so I guess 166.5/176.5 is just MMs putting up prices.

blue_max
15/4/2010
23:26
Anyways, Some good news!
Questor share tip: buy JP Morgan Indian Investment Trust for a long-term play

blue_max
15/4/2010
01:03
EPS not relevent for JII because it is an Investment Trust aimed at making capital gains not income gains. Indian companies pay a lot lower dividends relative to UK ones and so don't generate income, which is also why it doesn't pay a dividend itself.
You need to compare the daily published NAV with the share price ITs trade at a premium or discount to NAV, generally emerging market ITS trade at around a 10% discount. Generally the discount will narrow or expand due to demand for the shares based on the outlook etc.

tarvold
14/4/2010
22:15
was looking at the fundamentals. JII has never been in profit! However, the Earnings after Tax (m) improved drastically from -2.35 to -0.81 y/e Sep '09. No PE as EPS is negative.
May be the continued price rise is based on the future prospects of some very promising companies in its portfolio?!

May be I got it wrong! May be valation should be based on NAV per share (what ever that is) rather than the EPS ?!

blue_max
14/4/2010
15:11
Yes that would be a correct assumption, all the assets held will be in INR.
The weaker the GBP the higher the share price should go.

tarvold
13/4/2010
18:36
UKP has fallen against the INR and has hit a new low. Down from Rs.89 in Jan 07 to RS.68 now.
Since JII price is based on the profits of companies based in India, I am right in thinking that UKP/INR rates will have a significant impact?

blue_max
13/4/2010
00:40
my NII Warants are on a upward trend. But excercise date is in July. May be I should switch to JIIS. With much gearing and excellent prospects of the Indian economy JIIS should be a winner too.
blue_max
15/3/2010
14:28
Oh come on JIIS should be 10p higher based on the theoretical price!
tarvold
Chat Pages: 3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock