ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

TLDH Top Level

0.00 (0.00%)
16 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Top Level LSE:TLDH London Ordinary Share VGG892311074 ORD NPV (DI)
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 16.625 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Top Level Share Discussion Threads

Showing 4501 to 4523 of 4525 messages
Chat Pages: 181  180  179  178  177  176  175  174  173  172  171  170  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
29/11/2014
09:49
Domain Name Stocks walloped so far in 2014 Today, 8:35 AM
jane downs
22/3/2014
20:45
swarm
try the MMX threads
i think this tldh thread is pretty much redundant now
cheers
ft ft

ftangftang
22/3/2014
18:55
Johnma - great news.

$109m buys $16m additional revenue....so valued at just shy of 7x.

$109m buys 1.6 million names...so $68 (£42) per name.

Well that certainly gives us an idea of how future revenue is valued in the sector.

smarm
21/3/2014
13:47
DomainIncite – Domain Name News & OpinionDomain Name News And OpinionNeustar pays $109 million for .CO InternetPosted by Kevin MurphyFour years after relaunching the Colombian ccTLD .co as a global top-level domain, .CO Internet has been acquired by its long-time partner Neustar for $109 million.The .co registry will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Neustrar, which already runs .biz and .us, following the close of the deal..CO recorded revenue of $21 million in 2013, of which Neustar took $4 million as its back-end registry provider, according to Neustar.The .co zone currently stands at about 1.6 million names, according to the companies. That seems to mean it added roughly 200,000 net new names in 2013, judging by its 2012 numbers.The company relaunched .co in 2010, having jointly bid with Neustar for a Colombian government contract.It was the last truly impressive TLD launch, with 200,000 registrations on day one and over 1 million in its first year.While the space is still stuffed with speculators, unlike some other TLDs .co is also widely, visibly used by its intended audience - start-ups and entrepreneurs..CO is known primarily for its marketing acumen - some new gTLD registries could learn a thing or two - which Neustar CEO Lisa Hook raised as a selling point in today's press release:By combining .CO Internet's innovative domain marketing capabilities with Neustar's distribution network and technical resources, we will be able to broaden our registry services and the .co brand worldwide, while creating shareholder value.Neustar expects the deal to close within a month.Related posts (automatically generated):Neustar eats own dog food, plans .neustar bidInternet closes in on 200 million domain namesM+M gets into bed with NeustarMarch 20, 2014Leave a reply« PreviousNext »Leave a ReplyYour email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *Name * Email * Website Comment Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.
johnma
21/3/2014
07:47
Morning All

Started a new thread if anyone is interested:

cwa1
21/3/2014
07:26
Advfn too slow again!

Minds + Machines Grp

Change of Name to Minds + Machines Group Limited
RNS Number : 8305C
Minds + Machines Group Limited
21 March 2014

For immediate release
21 March 2014

Top Level Domain Holdings Limited
("TLDH", the "Company" or "Group")

Change of name to Minds + Machines Group Limited

Further to the announcement of 19 March, the Board is pleased to announce that the Company will commence trading under its new name, Minds + Machines Group Limited, today. From today, the Company's shares will trade under ISIN VGG614091012 with the EPIC ticker symbol, MMX.

Fred Krueger, Chairman of the Group, commented:
"We are delighted to be now fully grouped under the banner of our operating businesses, Minds + Machines. It not only reflects the Board's confidence in the prospects of our registry and registrar operations but will create a more unified identity for the Group - particularly with our global network of partners, stakeholders and customers as we move towards the imminent first launches of our wholly-owned new top-level domains."

The Company's investor website can now be viewed at www.mindsandmachines.com/investors.

vivgav
21/3/2014
07:06
It's just been announced that Neustar have taken over .CO!

The consolidation in the industry is expected as even our CEO publicly stated.

I'm expecting approaches this year, as I've previously posted, whether any such moves will be accepted or not. 

Interesting times!!

spiritfinder
21/3/2014
07:05
Miami city has a population of circa 400k, however more importantly, it has a metro poulation of over 5.5Million.

The GEO domain will be targeting the whole Metro area, just as .London will be more then just the central London area.

Over 5.5 Million population on the GEO is a great coup for TLDH.

spiritfinder
21/3/2014
07:03
Hi smarm, Minds + Machines will act as the Registry (or partner to the registry) for the domains, hence their revenues will remain intact despite any promtional offers by registrars such as 1&1.

They may m have to compete on a similar level with their own registrar ops with the mo subsequent renewal fees making up for the initial discounts...?

spiritfinder
20/3/2014
23:23
Spirit - yes, part of their strategy but an existing strategy. No different from broadband suppliers who hook us in with cheap deals. I assume the Registry get full fee....intact respect it's like supermarket run promotions.

The puzzle is how the unknown Minds & Money might gain market share....somehow it seems unlikely the direct sales side can compete on price.

S

smarm
20/3/2014
07:56
Never used 1&1 smarm but commentators seem to think its a point of interest with regards to their strategy in securing market share.

More importantly, they'll still have to pay the Registry their full fee, hence domain owners (or partnerships) like Minds + Machines still retain their revenues - unless of course they indulge in unfair competition agreements with individual Registrars, which isn't going to happen ;)

Atb

spiritfinder
20/3/2014
07:50
Just for balance.....I have nearly always had a free first year from 1&1. It's nothing to do with new names, just the way they work.

S

smarm
20/3/2014
07:42
ICANN have now set dates to the auctions of last resort,first one is 4th June ( then 9th July, 6th Aug ). I guess that will provide a bit of a gee up for the private auctions.

Regards

Mr D

mr dexy
20/3/2014
07:38
Article just out from domainamewire and again reinforces the pick up of the new TLDs, albeit these aren't GEOS. It also highlights the aggressive policy of 1&1 to grab market share against Godaddy etc.

"Donuts next five domains launch and 1&1 is picking up steam thanks to cut rate pricing.

Another five of Donuts domain names reverted to "regular" pricing today and they picked up about 15,000 registrations in the first hours, according to updated stats on nTLDStats.com.

The five domain names and their net adds are:

center 5,599
systems 3,041
academy 2,793
management 2,252
computer 1,313

.Academy and .Computer appear to be in Donuts' middle price tier and the other three are in its lowest price tier.

Also interesting is that it appears 1&1 and its affiliated registrars might be picking up a bit on GoDaddy from a market share perspective. Many of these domains show that 1&1 got more registrations than GoDaddy.

Not only did 1&1 spend about $50 million promoting pre-registrations, but it is also offering low first year registration prices.

For example, right now you can register a .computer domain at GoDaddy for $39.99. At 1&1 it's $19.99 for the first year and then $39.99 thereafter."

spiritfinder
19/3/2014
22:41
Competition hotting up
johnma
19/3/2014
22:01
1&1 is the Registrar who will still have to pay the Registry ie owners of .Berlin their fee. Once a person choses a registrar, they normally stick with them, hence 1&1s strategy to maximise on future renewal fees - thats confidence in the new Geo gTLDs!

The .Berlin REGISTRY made $1.5 Million in the first day of trading!

hxxp://www.thedomains.com/2014/03/19/berlin-does-over-31000-registration-in-1st-day/comment-page-1/

spiritfinder
19/3/2014
20:46
1&1 is giving a free year of .berlin registration to people in Germany and Austria.
ewads
19/3/2014
16:48
The news from the east is no surprise.
.Berlin no surprise.
My mistake earlier I thought we owned 80% of .Berlin.
It is of course 80% of .bayern and .nrw.
What is really interesting is we have geo names,we have sports names (hopefully some more), still in for .love,.gay etc.
Then we are still in for many more .beauty,.fishing,
hotel etc.
Of course .wedding is going to be bigger than most imagine.
I'm staying the course up down doesn't matter in my book.
Take out price will be worth it.

But the Chinese govt buying could really be start of global awareness.stunning move.

treble in 1999
19/3/2014
15:54
did you know that if all the people in China jumped up and down at the same time
no one would be in the least bit surprised

cheers
ft ft

ftangftang
19/3/2014
15:11
Mind you, the Chinese influence and expat communities obviously extend beyond just China - it's the billion odd population figure that I find interesting.
spiritfinder
19/3/2014
15:09
In China yes - there are an awful lot of Chinese there ;)
spiritfinder
19/3/2014
14:43
Cheers Spirit. So the direct link to the news is TLDH ownership of .shopping, which should generate decent revenue.
nashwan123
19/3/2014
14:34
Of course the Chinese uptake is good News (just as .Berlin is).

The Chinese govt has effectively rubber stamped on a more public platform the uptake for the new TLD's thereby encouraging public opinion & uptake down the line through such sanctioning.

Minds + Machines own .Shopping in Chinese, which is a big deal given the customer demand base we can address.

spiritfinder
Chat Pages: 181  180  179  178  177  176  175  174  173  172  171  170  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock