ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

MRO Melrose Industries Plc

2.40 (0.36%)
Last Updated: 12:59:15
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Melrose Industries Plc LSE:MRO London Ordinary Share GB00BNGDN821 ORD 160/7P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  2.40 0.36% 673.00 672.80 673.00 676.60 667.00 670.80 2,288,832 12:59:15
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Engineering Services 4.93B -1.02B -0.7540 -8.92 9.08B
Melrose Industries Plc is listed in the Engineering Services sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker MRO. The last closing price for Melrose Industries was 670.60p. Over the last year, Melrose Industries shares have traded in a share price range of 350.65p to 677.40p.

Melrose Industries currently has 1,351,475,321 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Melrose Industries is £9.08 billion. Melrose Industries has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -8.92.

Melrose Industries Share Discussion Threads

Showing 12401 to 12421 of 12425 messages
Chat Pages: 497  496  495  494  493  492  491  490  489  488  487  486  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
20/3/2024
13:26
GKN Aerospace signs a significant Agreement with Safran Aircraft Engines to expand support for the LEAP engines
March 19, 2024 at 09:31 am
GKN Aerospace has strengthened its long-term partnership with engine-maker Safran, after signing a decade-long agreement to expand its support for the LEAP engines. The contract covers new shafts and spare part production for the Leap 1A variant for the Airbus A320neo aircraft, with the expectation to produce similar components for the LEAP 1B for the Boeing 737-MAX aircraft in the future.

Through this contract GKN will support Safran with its significant future demand and will start up new Shaft production at GKN Aerospace's global center of excellence in Kongsberg, Norway. The first shafts are expected to be delivered from GKN Norway to Paris in the second half of 2024.

GKN Aerospace and Safran have worked together closely for more than 35 years, with long-term partnerships in place for the industry-leading CFM56 and GE90 engines, as well as on the next-generation RISE technology development program.

Alexander Andersson, Senior Vice President of GKN Aerospace's Engines business, said: "This is a significant agreement and another important milestone in our partnership with Safran. The LEAP is at the forefront of the industry and we are proud to increase our presence on the engine today, while continuing to explore new technology development for the next-generation RISE engine."

standish11
20/3/2024
12:21
Quietly now....don't tell louis!
steeplejack
20/3/2024
09:39
UBS raises Melrose Industries price target to 770 (690) pence - 'buy'
philanderer
14/3/2024
15:16
Will you be putting your company into those short-listed for the British ISA?
louis brandeis
14/3/2024
14:59
Louis,
I’ll happily consider you for a job in my firm if you’d like to apply. You’d have zero chance of getting through the pre-interview tests though I suspect given your general fuzzy-thinking. You’ll also need to have a first class degree in (preferably) maths from a quality university. No ex-polys. Also finishing the day at 4 o’clock will normally mean am not pm. Are you interested?

gettingrichslow
14/3/2024
14:48
Corporate defaults running at highest level since global financial crisis - S&P

I'm sure all those employees will be tucking into the new British ISA....

louis brandeis
14/3/2024
14:38
I don't know who you are referencing but that certainly isn't me.

However, I stick with what I say. Anyone who can use the additional allowance of what a British ISA provides is privileged. With this government we move further and further away from a meritocracy. People like gettingrichslow is obviously overpaid whilst the majority aren't paid enough. I'm sure he believes he earns every penny but the rest of us know otherwise.

louis brandeis
14/3/2024
13:17
Yertiz, if you take a look at Louis’s previous posts you’ll see it’s our old ‘friend’ Minerve! Lots of ROFLMAOs, guffaws and Brexit references give it away within 30 seconds of reading them! Plus all the old claims of ‘being successful’ blah blah. All of which we exposed as delusional all those years ago! From memory he was very bitter and twisted when we were making a killing on MRO circa 2016-2018, and then got very upset when the GKN takeover was happening. He also makes it clear here that he is not a multi-millionaire as he constantly claimed for years, because he seems to think that anyone who can max out their ISA is ‘privileged217; rather than just hard-working and reasonably well paid. I did explain to him years ago that salaries >£150k in the City are not only typical nowadays but often actually considered very low by those earning salaries with one or even two extra noughts on the end!
gettingrichslow
14/3/2024
10:28
Mr Brandels, are you actually invested in GKN/MRO/DWL or are you here as an interested observer? Asking for a friend.....
yertiz
14/3/2024
10:03
The problem is there is a large percentage of families in the UK who simply will not be able to benefit from the increased allowance. If you can, you are privileged. Then there is the fairness of it all. Why give tax relief to the wealthy when the rest don't have much opportunity for relief and have to rely on a broken country and poor services. Then there is the issue of finding UK companies that are actually going to grow in value. There simply aren't that many, and with the current crony form of capitalism we have, it is getting less. Some UK residents, generally the Boomer generation, are living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Another empty offering from that clown Hunt.

louis brandeis
13/3/2024
23:51
Looking forward to this British ISA getting launched. The current £20k limit is far too low for anyone earning a half decent income so at least this will mean a couple have got a £50k allowance which is at least somewhere to put spare cash each year. Hopefully MRO will be eligible when they release the details.
gettingrichslow
13/3/2024
12:01
Someone has touched a nerve. Business is business. If Melrose hadn't moved in with their hostile bid for GKN, it was highly likely another co would have done and probably with less scruples and foresight MRO has shown.As it stands, the slightly more streamlined, honed and credible business GKN/MRO now provides is a good thing, moving with the times rather than languishing in the 20th Century with the inefficiencies that brought. Dowlais is still a relatively new company still finding it's feet and position, but like all manufacturers and engineers, subject to the many woes of our economy post COVID, credit crunch and our ineffectively actioned Brexit. Does investing in Melrose mean we have no values? Really??
yertiz
13/3/2024
11:23
steeplejack

Melrose executed a business plan that was based on short term objectives. Buy, improve and then sell, or something to that effect. That is great if you do sell, because the potential future problems that you may have created are someone else's problem. We see it time and time again on the LSE and other markets.

Do you think Melrose is now not open to similar risks that Boeing currently have now that the business plan is now long-term? I would say the risk is there. Once you start basing an engineering business on financial metrics alone it will eventually lead you into trouble. Boeing moved manufacturing to Carolina to save costs and improve financial metrics and look what has happened.

So coming back to your "missing financial targets": set by who? Made accountable by who? GKN shareholders were generally content with GKN. When Melrose announced the offer institutions executing short-term arbitrage help pushed the bid through. Short-termism won the day. Great. Marvellous. What benefit to society? Even Melrose shareholders haven't benefitted that much differently compared to GKN if you factor in Dowlais. Oh yes, I think you had forgot about that 'inconvenience' hadn't you. They took a reasonable portion of the debt.

These executives like those that were on Melrose haven't found ways of turning lead into gold. They are no more clever than the next executive. They are just men with no conscience. Just like you. Couldn't care less about another man's future as long as you are alright Jack. No wonder this country is struggling.

Oh, just to add. I'm not envious. I'm quite successful myself. I'm successful without having to destroy futures. That I'm proud of. You see, I measure myself on more than just the size of my wallet. I have values. You seemingly have none.

louis brandeis
12/3/2024
23:20
Your last sentence is absolutely spot on Steeplejack. Louis just can’t see it. But I suspect he reads the Guardian.
gettingrichslow
12/3/2024
15:19
Louis,what i read or don’t read has nothing to do with recognising that you have a bit of problem with the previous and current management of Melrose.I suspect you have a problem with people becoming wealthy per se,afterall the UK is an inherently envious society.There is much wrong with the capitalist system but on balance,like democracy,its probably one of the best of the available options.

Talking of tabloids,who can forget the vitriolic campaign run by the Daily Mail when Melrose launched their bid for GKN,banging on about how MRO was an asset stripper taking over a laudable manufacturer of canon balls for use by Wellington at the Battle of Waterloo.Boo hoo..GKN was stumbling,missing its targets perrennially.Melrose pulled the company up by its boot straps and put it in a position to compete more effectively in international markets going forward.

steeplejack
12/3/2024
11:27
And another common trope....

Not being content with some parts of the capitalist system makes you a communist.

Hilarious.

Do you read The Express by any chance?

louis brandeis
12/3/2024
09:33
Don't worry about it Louis.Stop investing in the capitalist stock exchange and vote communist.
steeplejack
08/3/2024
22:13
Louis, don’t agree with your characterisation of what’s happened with GKN - GKN was steadily on the decline and the trajectory it was on would have eventually led to bad outcomes for its employees and the areas in which the sites are based. MRO have turned that around, and in the long run that will result in better outcomes for the ex-GKN employees as well as shareholders on both sides. It’s a dog eat dog world and only the fittest survive. The people you’re concerned about are better off now than they would’ve been.
gettingrichslow
08/3/2024
11:05
If you think about it the whole episode has been more about wealth transfer than wealth creation.
louis brandeis
08/3/2024
09:59
gettingrichslow

There are more stakeholders in GKN than just shareholders you know. Those promises were most likely to protect sites and jobs. I accept that the company is owned by the shareholders but without employees and assets (manufacturing sites) you don't have a company. Experience, skills and human IP disappear when you get rid of sites and people. Boeing is a good example of what happens to engineering companies when you let accountants and financiers totally run the show. When will owners and bean counters understand it isn't all about continual improvement in ROCE and operating margin.

Those people who feared for the future of GKN were right then and are just as right now.

louis brandeis
08/3/2024
09:48
Amazing how Melrose remains so below the radar given its track record of delivery. Remember during the 2018 GKN takeover when so many observers feared for the future of the company and insisted on various 5 year promises etc? They’ve delivered everything they said they would, early. The change in strategy doesn’t bother me in the slightest as long as they keep on delivering.
gettingrichslow
Chat Pages: 497  496  495  494  493  492  491  490  489  488  487  486  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock