ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

OPS Optimisa

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Optimisa LSE:OPS London Ordinary Share GB00B24HJF84 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 10.00 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Optimisa Share Discussion Threads

Showing 201 to 222 of 225 messages
Chat Pages: 9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/3/2012
12:00
Hallo, jhan66. I have now spoken to Mr Porter of Optimisa, and, to my mind, the most important thing he told me is that he cannot see any intention of the Company to re-float, and thus restore a market for the shares. He points out that Directors hold more than 50% of the shares, and that the likely future is either further buyouts and/or the payment of dividends, at what level, or when, he could not say. I was hoping for a re-float, and at a higher price than £12, so guess now that I will take the offer. Mr Porter says other shareholders are welcome to phone him on 0207 960 3315. I will be losing about 65% of my "investment"! Could have been worse, I suppose..
asmodeus
19/3/2012
08:39
There were 8.9M shares /20= 445,000 shares now @ £12 (£5.34M) ?

Director holdings were 37%, two years ago but that may have increased significantly.

(haven't seen documents yet, this may all have been updated)

jhan66
19/3/2012
08:20
I was going to accept, but then thought it best to try and assess the likely value of the shares - should they re-list. This is difficult with figures being so much out-of date, so I'm going to see what can be gained by phoning them today. The offer doc. does say that the profits were down since the Dec 2010 report, but my guess is there is no way they would make an offer for our shares that is greater than their probable value!
asmodeus
19/3/2012
08:11
Hi asmodeus. Well this is an interesting turn of events.
Google clues suggest they're doing pretty well at the moment. Last published accounts were Dec2010. Pretax £1.4M, up from £0.4M last year & -£4M before that.

I'm inclined to accept as it's the easiest route to get a return.

jhan66
17/3/2012
16:25
Has anybody else seen the offer by The Company to purchase our shares for £12 each? I am tempted, but first want to ascertain prospects for them if continuing to hold. The accounts(2010) are well out-of-date now. Am doing as much research as I can, but without much luck. Will try phoning them next week. Anybody else have any views??

P.S - have just gone back through some old posts; have a look at my 37! How wrong can one be? ( I will be on a 50% loss if I took £12 per share now; could have been worse....)

asmodeus
13/5/2009
08:48
Relevant srticle today from iii
Delist and save £££!" lawyers tell AIM boards

City lawyers are circling hard-pressed AIM-listed companies with offers to delist them for as little as £5,000, an investigation by Interactive Investor has revealed.
It comes amid a rising tide of businesses opting to walk away from the public markets to go private as a result of a dramatic fall in share prices and the flight of capital from the AIM markets in favour of investments seen as less risky.
There are concerns that advertising cut-price delistings could lead to investors being disadvantaged if companies fail to set up a facility to allow shareholders to exit at a fair price. Brokers say this has happened on a number of occasions in recent months.
By April, the number of UK listed companies on AIM had fallen to 1,167 from a high of 1,347 in 2007. Part of the reason for the fall has been that new flotations have all but dried up while the number of companies quitting the market has increased significantly.
This year 99 companies quit the market by the end of April compared to just 59 in the first four months of 2008. The trend picked up sharply at the end of last year - 40 companies left in December. Prior to that, de-listings had been running at around 19 a month. The figures for this year so far show de-listings running at around 25 a month.

Richard Feigen, the chief executive of Seymour Pierce, said: "We accept delistings will happen. It's inevitable but when they do we would always try to convince clients that they have a duty to go through the right mechanism and give shareholders the opportunity to make an exit at a fair price. If you raise money on the public markets you do have a duty to ensure you treat the people you raise money from fairly."

Anthony Scott, director of private clients at Charles Stanley, was of the same mindset. He said: "This is really not doing anyone any favours and to delist and walk away from your shareholders without looking after them properly is quite wrong. It is a nightmare at the moment."

Stephen Austin, partner of Hybridan, a broker, said: "On an IPO there's an implicit promise the shares will stay quoted through thick and thin. This promise is now being broken all too often and is driving away investors created a depressing downward spiral for the remaining stocks.

"If companies do have to quit the market a tender offer to buy out the minorities should be made mandatory. And this should be at the preceding 12 month average share price. It would be all too easy to let a share price drift down to rock bottom only then to buy the company back on the cheap."

jhan66
02/3/2009
16:35
Cheers Alan, will take a look.
relishing
18/10/2008
18:57
eni (listed on nyse) (e)

I don´t think you will see a yield that good from a large oil company again.....

tricky1992000
18/10/2008
18:51
llok for those with lots of cash and undervalued imo: bms, lam, gfrd for instance
qs9
17/10/2008
10:55
Reasons??????????????? Not ramps.
knowing
17/10/2008
10:53
AQP, RPT, AFR
fiat lux
17/10/2008
10:52
Any other suggestions?
knowing
16/10/2008
22:51
I'll start the ball rolling with TW. @ 12p

It has been sold off because the market hates uncertainty. The housing market is in the dolldrums but it has serious assets.

All stocks can go under but we have to weigh up the risk/reward ratio. These days it may be far better to buy FT250 stocks rather that AIM.

knowing
16/10/2008
22:47
Perfect ;-)
knowing
16/10/2008
22:38
Back in the old days some of us made significant returns by buying serious stocks which became severly undervalued.As an example;

AHT from 4p to over £2

RGU from 2p to over £1.30

CS. from 3p to.......well we won't go there.

Everyone is now talking about most companies going to the wall.Those which have been around for a long time will remember the same scenario with the above mentioned companies. Let's work together to see if we can produce the same results in this bear market that were achieved prior.

Add the companies which are oversold and should be significantly higher in years to come. Discuss the reasons and detail the history.

Let's make some money......................................

knowing
18/9/2008
08:19
crikey what a dog, must be heading for the bin
ivor whopper
17/6/2008
07:05
I do, Asmo. The answer lies in this morning's RNS - QV.
asmodeus
16/6/2008
15:45
Ayone know reason for "15.9%" rise?
asmodeus
15/6/2008
20:06
not any more it isn't
markie7
11/6/2008
19:11
No probs, but I think it is £7.57m (DYOR).
qs9
11/6/2008
18:58
Doh! I should know better than trust ADVFN's figures.
tonyx
11/6/2008
18:54
I think you have your market cap drastically wrong tonyx!
qs9
Chat Pages: 9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock