ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

PTF Phaunos Timber

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Phaunos Timber LSE:PTF London Ordinary Share GG00BFX4LT97 ORD NPV
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.51 0.47 0.55 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Phaunos Timber Share Discussion Threads

Showing 76 to 98 of 100 messages
Chat Pages: 4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
11/6/2017
09:50
Timber! Activist investor wants to take axe to Phaunos
"Activist investor LIM Advisors is pushing for a wind-up of Phaunos Timber (PTF) over concerns about poor returns from the timber investment company and the persistent discount on its shares.
The Hong Kong-based fund manager raised its stake in Phaunos to 10.71% stake in January and has written to other shareholders, detailing why it will vote against the continuation resolution at the annual general meeting on 19 June."

pugugly
16/5/2017
14:34
Im out of these too now ! Been an excellent ride up to 50 , good luck all who still hold , I think it will keep chugging on now but lightening up on a few names now ....
catsick
15/5/2017
10:58
Sold out of this rubbish at last. Will never invest in timber again. Large illiquid assets exposed to massive forex risk. That combined with zero ongoing cash flow and high operating costs makes it a very poor asset class in my view. Lesson learnt. At least I didn't lose much.
topvest
25/4/2017
08:13
Yes all looks steady and adding value buying back the shares cheap and managing the assets very well, div getting to be half decent too ...
catsick
25/4/2017
07:19
Accounts out - Nav per share $0.55 at 31 Dec - Final dividend of $0.016 proposed. Discount still at 25% to nav so still potentially some more recovery available
pugugly
05/1/2017
19:40
UK Investors now have big benefit from £/$ exchange rate shifts - Still possibly a $ play if BREXIT/TRUMP foul up -

Declaration now in sterling profit after a long time in loss but approx breakeven in dollar terms

pugugly
29/8/2016
07:16
agreed Catsick, i still hold
qvg
23/8/2016
08:45
Nice set of results nav per share increased by 10 percent and a nice boost in the share price from buying back 8 million shares, with 50 mio usd in the bank they can put a floor under the share price for a long time and further improving the nav as they buy at a 25 pct discount, this is now being run properly and we should see the discount close further very low risk holding ....
catsick
22/8/2016
11:38
Wow nobody on here at all , I think this is a decent turnaround story , I used to comment on III on this one go there for background and come back and comment here ...
catsick
07/8/2014
20:44
Timmmmberrrrrr......

Emergency re-financing required to remain solvent

analyst
02/12/2013
19:46
Some good news here, IMHO. surprised the price did not rise more quickly, I managed to buy some more to add to my existing holding at only 1% above yesterday's price
qvg
28/8/2013
08:08
Yet another year of sorrow

Seems to be a consistent reduction in NAV of 6 cents per half year. 12 cents p/a.

At this rate only 7 more years before no value left !!!! (Slightly tongue in cheek but ...)

pugugly
14/5/2013
17:30
Lumber futures continue their slide:
safetymargin
12/5/2013
10:34
PUGUGLY - Just click the EDIT button and you can correct those tpyos!
skyship
09/5/2013
09:42
JIMCAR: You could be right & I hope for your sake you are,but too much uncertainty for me at the moment. (Apologies for my typo's above but self taught typist - too old !!)
pugugly
08/5/2013
18:54
I think your ongoing loss per share of 8c for the next 4 years looks a bit pessimistic. The bulk of the losses were in New Zealand and Brazil and seem related to the weakening economies of China and Brazil in 2012. These could easily turn around leading to gains in lumber prices as we are seeing in the US.

Also the trees continue to grow and as more areas start harvesting them we should see gains here. It seems that only v low values are placed on assets before they start to generate returns (similar to other resource assets like oil and mineral explorers).

The sheer volume of bad decisions by management would be hard to replicate going forward even by a random collection of chimps and so losses here may also decline but I admit I won't be surprised if they manage too maintain their record. I would have thought that management could be sued for negligence.

Still holding so could be wishful thinking.

jimcar
08/5/2013
16:25
bolador:> Rose tinted glasses ?? As they seem to be locked into a horrible managemtn contract I am personally assuming the there may well be an ongoing 8 cents per sahre loss for the next 4 years. Thus an overlall lost between now and the end of the contract period of 32 cents to give a natv of 43 cents come potential wind up date. so not gain and potentially a few cents loss once selling expenses are taken inot account - Remember they will be potentaily forced sellers.

(imo - Declaration I used to hold but sold out at $0.52

pugugly
02/5/2013
10:06
Surprised it didn't fall harder and faster on results day. Expecting further weakness. It's a buy at some point.
safetymargin
20/4/2013
19:53
Yes, the whole model appears to depend on timber prices increasing. I've got a few of these, but wish I hadn't!
topvest
19/4/2013
10:06
Yes, dire and disgraceful.

The $10.5m of fund management fees exceeds the $8.5m of on-ground costs, which looks crazy - how on earth could they get into such a contract? At least they realise it needs sorting!

So the gross assets and sales need to rise by $19m a year to avoid NAV attrition. In such a scenario, it's hardly worth waiting for any developments in 2016.

jonwig
19/4/2013
08:32
PUGUGLY
29 Aug'12 - 09:39 - 54 of 60 AGAIN THE SAME MESSAGE

Rwsults today 19/4/13 an absolute disaster - I personally cannot see much light ahead. If by restructure they mean selling assts they will be in a forced seller position - Always dangerous.

Sorry for all who hold d- Very very much on the side at the moment.

pugugly
18/4/2013
18:39
Yes, I too decided to top up. Given that you get about 1 dollar of assets for around 50 cents, you should only need a couple of points growth for them to be able to shell out double that in divi.

Nice to have money in usd not gbp, but they need to get the nav moving up and pay out more dividends

Gla

gb904150
18/4/2013
18:39
Yes, I too decided to top up. Given that you get about 1 dollar of assets for around 50 cents, you should only need a couple of points growth for them to be able to shell out double that in divi.

Nice to have money in usd not gbp, but they need to get the nav moving up and pay out more dividends

Gla

gb904150
Chat Pages: 4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock