ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

DYS Dyson Grp

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Dyson Grp LSE:DYS London Ordinary Share GB0002905007 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 16.25 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Dyson Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3676 to 3700 of 3700 messages
Chat Pages: 148  147  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
06/3/2024
15:29
Thanks for that. I wish they'd hurry up and sell the rest then I could forget about this company.
v11slr
05/3/2024
23:44
That time of year again - a/cs to 9/23 availble here -

The remaining 4 property holdings are described on page 3. I would expect that when these are eventually sold the company will be wound up.

The balance sheet shows that shareholders interest is approx. 3.2p/share.

sharw
05/4/2022
08:44
Wakeland,

received mine by cheque - with request for BACS permission for payment of future dividends...

hxxps://www.dyson-group.com/Dyson%202021%20accounts.pdf

Property sales of £7.7m and circa £4m of that returned as interim divi.

G.

garth
04/4/2022
17:36
Had a small divi from Dyson into II account, there must be some life left in it.
wakeland
05/3/2022
13:14
Thanks again sharw, I'd written this one off and can't even remember how many shares I hold! Will have to do some rummaging over the weekend.
ansc
05/3/2022
11:43
Another year on and a/cs published:

Some properties have now been sold so .... interim dividend in respect of the year to 30 September 2022 of 1.6 pence per Ordinary share to be paid on 31 March

sharw
05/3/2021
10:07
Thanks, sharw, was wondering recently whether Dyson still existed. With the length of time it's taking to sort out, I think I'd better add it to the assets in my will!
ansc
04/3/2021
21:44
Here we are a year later - I have yet to receive a poll card saying a/cs available but they are there at

Very little change from last year - one property sold after year end.

Go back to sleep for another year.

I am reminded that the JPJenkins facility is still there. It shows an indicative price of 7p:

sharw
04/3/2020
13:26
What a shambles. This morning I received a poll card for the AGM saying that the notice of meeting and report and a/cs are on the website. They are not. I emailed the contact address on the website and received a 'could not be delivered' message saying "access denied". I have now emailed the other (investor) address on the website. That has not yet bounced.

Update 15 15 received email apologising for delay - it is now there:

sharw
26/5/2019
06:04
10 years ago DYs went pop, been a long time folding

I would be interested to know how much board bonuses have enjoyed over this time

followthebear
05/3/2019
14:57
A/cs to 9/18 now published.

Interim dividend for current year of 0.3 pence per share to be paid on 25 March. This leaves (at current balance sheet values) very roughly 2p/share to be paid out when the remaining properties are sold and the company wound up.

sharw
10/1/2019
19:18
Last year was an exception, possibly tied in with the board meeting to approve another dividend. Previously the results were always announced in March (15 a/cs 3/3/16 and 16 a/cs 3/3/17).

The last trading company was sold in 2017 so you do not need even skeleton staff to count the number of properties up for sale which is all that is left now.

sharw
10/1/2019
14:48
Have been perched on the edge of my seat for a while now anticipating DYS's next 'enthralling' news announcement ... NOT. 2017 results were released during December last year but no sign yet of 2018's so far. Have tried unsuccessfully to contact their office but even their skeleton staff appear to have ghosted away. Can any other 'lucky' shareholder throw some light on the situation?

Thanks (just in case).

ansc
05/1/2018
07:37
Finally got my dividend on the 3rd. Thanks for all the information ansc it helped greatly when I was on the phone to Barclays.
v11slr
21/12/2017
19:34
Cheers ansc, Barclays are also late paying a dividend for VED, 7 days to date. They will be receiving a formal complaint letter for each instance after Christmas.
v11slr
21/12/2017
17:56
V11SLR: I have been told three times this week by my broker (HLS) that the reason my account had not been credited with my dividend (£1,800.00) was because they (allegedly) hadn't received the dividend from DYS's brokers and were currently looking into the reason why it hadn't arrived. Knowing that certificate-holding shareholders (sharw, garth) had received their cheques on Monday and not believing HLS's 'fairy-tale', this morning I decided to take the bull by the horns and telephoned W H Ireland (issuers of DYS's dividend). A very understanding young lady receptionist spoke to their dividend department who were able to confirm that ALL dividends were sent out last Friday (15th) as stated in the results announcement; I was also able to obtain a contact name (Lottie Coyle) in the department. Back on the phone to HLS with the news that Ms Coyle was interested in hearing from them so that she could follow-up this missing payment mystery. Low and behold, thirty minutes later I received a message from HLS with the good news that the missing dividend had just turned up and had now been credited to my account!

In your shoes, I would get back to Barclays asking them why, in this day of electronic bank transfers, it takes ten days to process dividend payments? Unless, of course, unlike me you're happy for them to hold on to YOUR money!

ansc
19/12/2017
08:36
Morning all. Got my cheques yesterday too.

G.

garth
18/12/2017
18:35
Thanks both. When I was speaking to HLS, I had my doubts when they said they hadn't received payment and sharw's reply confirms my suspicions. Will be interested to see how long it takes for them to credit my account.
ansc
18/12/2017
17:08
Mine arrived in the post this morning.
sharw
18/12/2017
17:00
Barclays with their new 'Smart Investor' system say it can take up to 10 days for dividends to get into your account.
v11slr
18/12/2017
16:24
I've just spoken to my broker and, disturbingly, they have not (allegedly) received any dividend as yet even tho' the company stated that it was due to be paid on Friday (15th). Has anyone received theirs yet?
ansc
15/12/2017
21:06
ansc - thanks for that - I didn't know the report was out, let alone that the last trading business had been sold. The latter suggests that when the remaining properties have been sold the company will be wound up, but not until.
sharw
15/12/2017
19:18
I wasn't aware (until a few minutes ago) that the 2017 results had been posted on their website; as usual pretty depressing reading. Did anyone know that Dyson Technical Ceramics has been sold, I certainly didn't.

Of main interest to most shareholders will be that a 1.8p dividend was paid today .... I haven't checked my broker's account yet .... but there doesn't appear to be much chance of selling any of the remaining 'investment' properties in the near future.

Why don't they put us long suffering shareholders out of our misery by winding the company up so that we can use the capital loss in our next tax return?

ansc
23/11/2017
15:00
Thanks for the reminder, sharw, the old 'grey cells' obviously aren't what they used to be what with my advancing senility! I had naturally assumed that the promised dividend would be classed as a 'final' but as you say, they could get round this by declaring it as an 'interim'.

Oh well, bang goes my hopes of seeing these figures at the beginning of December.

ansc
23/11/2017
13:52
Not so - AFAIK a company can proclaim an interim dividend when it likes (providing there are distributable reserves) although a final dividend has to be approved at the AGM. Some companies (BVXP comes to mind) get round this by proclaiming a second interim.

A dividend out of the blue was the case of that received 6/8/13 see:

when you phoned the company to find out what it was all about!

Of course, if the shares are traded other rules come in to allow for xd dates etc.

sharw
Chat Pages: 148  147  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  139  138  137  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock