ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

RWD Robert Wiseman

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Robert Wiseman LSE:RWD London Ordinary Share GB0007442014 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 389.75 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Robert Wiseman Dairies Share Discussion Threads

Showing 351 to 371 of 375 messages
Chat Pages: 15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
15/2/2012
09:32
Anyone got news on the time scale for the bid... I'm so bizzy and can't be fusts to research ..
jab118
24/1/2012
16:50
Looking at Greggs GRG myself. Pretty decent divs, expanding number of outlets and some way to go to make up share price high. Also seem to have good staff policies and commitments to local communities. Plus I use them and like what they do. Go for what you understand and count the customers on a wet day in Jan. Good long term investment I reckon
jazz319
23/1/2012
10:23
Nationwide Accident Crash Repairs plc
think NARS may be of interest Aston Girl

muffinhead
20/1/2012
15:55
I was expecting developments here but this is not quite what I was anticipating. One things for sure, the British housewife better kiss goodbye to low cost milk because it's definitely going to be syphoned off into higher-margin manufactured product that will probably be exported to emerging markets in the Far East. It will take time, but it will happen. The only thing that surprises me is that yet again the UK Government sits on its hands whilst an excellent UK company disappears into foreign ownership. RWD is an oligopoly and its control should not be allowed to pass into foreign ownership. The politicians have their eye off the ball....again!
ygor705
16/1/2012
20:05
jazz319- I am asking myself the very same question! After a fair amount of research I only bought into RWD 2 weeks ago- obviously very happy to have such a return so quickly but what I was looking for was long term dividend stock.... as a starting point I'm going to look into Molins (Mlin)so all thoughts welcome, AG
aston girl
16/1/2012
18:01
Bought these at 366 after a huge drop in share price which I thought was overdone in the extreme. I thought it was a good well run company with steady dividend payment. Didn't take into account the large supermarkets ability to screw prices into the ground. Silly me should have seen that one. Muller gives me a very welcome out, at a small profit, of what was looking like having to be a loss taken on the chin. Sad though another good UK company going and am going to miss all the trucks painted like cows. Lovely idea! Where to go next I ask?
jazz319
16/1/2012
17:21
Problem with Wiseman was that despite being an excellent company, apart from milk they sold little else and were being left behind by their competitors. Muller have a whole range of complementary products plus access to other areas. So I see this as a good fit. Are Wiseman directors approaching retirement age?, they hold majority shares. Nevertheless not greatly in favour of big multi combines such as Muller so planning to exit as close to peak which cannot now be far off.
Ssords

ssords
16/1/2012
13:17
Good, speedy action by Muller/Wiseman. It is a shame though that another UK business goes into foreign ownership. But 390 was a good price for current holders in the current economic climate.
haywards26
16/1/2012
08:14
only just spotted this. Was watching RKH.

Just sold nearly all for a profit that I had pretty much given up on.

I do like Mondays

randomwalker
16/1/2012
07:43
nice, very nice ....wooohoooo, great start to the week :o)
g.l.a.

abcd1234
16/1/2012
07:31
Wow, that was quick!
knigel
16/1/2012
07:01
hhahahaa seee i told you!!! 390nice
aleks_atanasov
16/1/2012
06:59
KNIGEL - i doubt it will go hostel, but in order to be recommended i guess the premium must be above 35%. Anyway if it dips below 270 i will buy more, this trade worked very well with ARE.LN, the market had spooked and i bought at 33, today they will be bought for 44.25.
aleks_atanasov
14/1/2012
20:02
Their shareholding is not over 50%. You can see here:

It must be 'serious' or things wouldn't have gone this far. Be interesting to see the newspapers tomorrow, I expect to see some figures bandied around.

Asagi (long RWD)

asagi
14/1/2012
19:47
Asagi, sorry didn't realised family had such a large personal shareholding. Is it over 50%? Wonder how keen they are to sell out?
knigel
14/1/2012
12:36
High there fellow investors/ traders

Anyone enlighten me on the price rise over the last few days have many shares in my porfolio but have been staying in the hills of a small Greek Island since May ( (sold in May andd went away) but not enougth however I'm still here and need a summary of this share over the last months ..

jab is back

thankyou

ladies & gentlemen

jab118
14/1/2012
11:44
Surely they could NOT go hostile given the size of the Wisemans' personal shareholdings. They would walk away if the Wisemans do not accept.

Asagi (long RWD)

asagi
14/1/2012
11:38
Aleks, do you think the T/O could actually be £ 4 per share? The broad might want this but whether Muller will pay this price - who knows? They could always go hostile?
knigel
14/1/2012
11:32
indeed they are getting it very cheap, it was trading close to the 52w low (220), the day before the announcement. I too sold half of my holding at 330, i think it will go higher tho, a T/O at 35% premium seems not enough to me and considering how cheap the stock is.
aleks_atanasov
14/1/2012
11:22
£ 360p a share is about 15 times next years earnings - seems about right. I sold yesterday at £ 331P because I don't think the shares will go much higher and takeover is not guaranteed. If it does not materalise then the share price will prob go back down to £ 280p. IMO.
knigel
14/1/2012
10:49
Scotsman article quotes a Numis analyst, Charles Hall:

"The rationale looks to me that they think it is a cheap asset, they know the industry and they have the ability to do a deal," added Hall, who suggested a price of around 350/360p-a-share may be enough to secure support from the Wiseman family.

That's the only price I can find and I agree with Mr Hall's inferred rationale - RWD was dirt cheap before this approach.

The fact things have got this far must tell us the Wiseman's are seriously considering the approach.

Asagi (long RWD)

asagi
Chat Pages: 15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  5  4  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock