ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

GPK Geopark

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Geopark LSE:GPK London Ordinary Share BMG383271050 COM SHS USD0.001
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 400.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Geopark Share Discussion Threads

Showing 1176 to 1199 of 1200 messages
Chat Pages: 48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  37  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
08/11/2023
16:21
Is this Gerry selling some or buying?Cheers
loafingchard
10/10/2022
13:11
We seem to have repeated support just above$10 and it should double that as long as geopolitics and the boardroom remain stable.
whealan
10/8/2022
22:38
What am I missing? This always seems to sell off further than my other producers and rebound less or run out of momentum on upswings . I would have thought this should be $18+. Maybe trim a bit for potential incoming recession, possible reduced demand, lower POO etc etc We have some debt, looks well covered to me. Boardroom shenanigans fairly recently. Ongoing?Some of the countries / acreage have been damp squibs Can we have a bear list please? Anyone want to share any concerns or misgivings you have towards GPRK
loafingchard
28/3/2022
18:05
Je t'adore ecuador!
bbluesky
28/3/2022
14:37
Yeah nice, low water cut too, hopefully it stays that way..
loafingchard
28/3/2022
14:24
A promising start to the year.
2/2 succesful exploration wells bodes well for the future.

hashertu
11/3/2022
14:44
Aye, plenty of talk of a new commodities supercycle in the making. Years of under investment thanks to the green lobby. Might be good for resource investors but the inflation may also be painful for everyone. Fingers crossed it doesn't get out of control or no one wins longer term. Thanks for the pics ?
loafingchard
11/3/2022
08:25
Loaf - there are some interesting pics here.

Chart - a long way for commodities to go

bbluesky
10/3/2022
20:56
Thx will check out PTAL. Yes, I agree and think the backroom shenanigans have held the price back. Been thinking of topping up actually. IMV an exceptional company in a great position and now rid of the shackles of out of time CEO. But respect for getting it going+
bbluesky
10/3/2022
19:23
Evening bblueYeah production still strong and they do so well with the drill. It is perplexing that the share price has been held back compared to others in the sector, I'm wondering if investors might feel more inclined now the executives look to be putting changes in place. It could well have been turning some folk off. I hear you regarding Peru, I'm also in PTAL and it's been a great hold but not without gyrations. All the best.
loafingchard
10/3/2022
18:26
Hi loaf, we have been here a few years now! I am in even more bullish mood post RNS. Good to see Park fall on his sword, after the biting criticisms of 2021. Good to have got rid of the distractions of Brazil and Argentina and back to concentrating on North West S.Am.as well. Hoped Peru would be a big hit, but clearly too much politics, though maybe the price of oil will soften that in time. But Ecuador and more Colombia smells very sweet to me. And of course none of the new stuff they are finding is in the forecast and 96% hit ratio shows a renewed focus. Bet the new brooms can't wait to get sweeping! I simply don't understand the good/bad effect of hedging, but good to see the debt come down. New era could be a comin -choo choo!!
bbluesky
10/3/2022
16:05
Market seems to like the news, doubling of the dividend and a boardroom shuffle.
loafingchard
24/6/2021
12:30
The direction of the share price seems to bear no relation to the weight of shares being bought or sold, at least at these low volumes.
whealan
23/6/2021
17:37
LC

I agree. Strangely G O'S's letter disappeared from my e-mail inbox when the initial rebuttal came.

whealan
23/6/2021
15:25
No , I have nothing to add , on the surface it looks like sour grapes to me . Who knows what shenanigans have occurred behind closed boardroom doors in the past but ultimately the entire board voted unanimously to oust Gerry. SP appears to be regaining composure having been destabilised the last few sessions. Quite a few oiler don't seem to be responding logically to the buoyant POO. Imho
loafingchard
23/6/2021
08:57
Can anyone add colour/context to yesterday's letter spat between BoD and ex-chairman?
hashertu
09/6/2021
22:39
GeoPark also announces that its Board has nominated Maria Fernanda Suarez for election as a new independent director at its Annual Meeting.

Ms. Suarez, 46, has a highly distinguished career in both the public and private sectors, including serving as Minister of Energy and Mines of Colombia and as Vice President of Strategy and Finance (CFO) of Colombia’s national oil company Ecopetrol (NYSE: EC).

whealan
01/6/2021
19:05
Quite so. We don't want to sail close to the wind on covenants - it makes me nervous
whealan
01/6/2021
16:12
I'll be happy with that as long as they keep the gearing in check .
loafingchard
29/5/2021
23:00
Re : The green movement in oil (of which I am sympathetic) is in danger of talking the talk before it can walk the walk. Opportunity knocks for GPRK. Big fields coming our way imo.
bbluesky
29/5/2021
10:03
From MoneyWeek 28th May - Analysis by James McKeigue

" GeoPark is my favourite oil and gas firm. Its main operations are in Colombia, where production has been curtailed by recent protests, but it also operates in Argentina, Brazil,Chile and Ecuador. Co-founder James Park believes the energy transition is good for his company. "The majors are making lots of noise about leaving oil and gas for renewable energy, which...creates more opportunities for independents such as GeoPark". The firm has improved its environmental profile by connecting to Colombia's 60%-renewable energy grid and building pipelines to reduce tankers' journeys. It's also a low cost producer, with 95% of its oil profitable with oil at $30 a barrel"

whealan
13/3/2021
23:04
Cheers whealan The same author on SA wrote a good article last year as well .
loafingchard
13/3/2021
23:01
Hi folks ,I'm happy enough to keep holding and also have confidence in the management. Operationally they tend to deliver which helps in keeping the faith while the POO was low and debt uncomfortably high . I agree with bbluesky in that I plan to hold long term and watch them keep growing and growing. The track record speaks for itself. I also hold PTAL.L , Petrotal have also had a rough ride operating in Peru . They appear to be navigating the agro caused by locals protesting and are back producing again with plans to expand their output organically and through acquisition. They may have an eye on one of Geoparks blocks (in Peru) . They have the advantage of excellent Peruvian management with a long history there and contacts in the right places.
loafingchard
13/3/2021
22:49
This is worth reading if you haven't seen it.

My major holding.

whealan
Chat Pages: 48  47  46  45  44  43  42  41  40  39  38  37  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock