ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

UKCM Uk Commercial Property Reit Limited

0.00 (0.00%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Uk Commercial Property Reit Limited LSE:UKCM London Ordinary Share GB00B19Z2J52 ORD 25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 69.40 69.10 69.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Real Estate Investment Trust 73.38M -222.33M -0.1711 -4.06 903.09M
Uk Commercial Property Reit Limited is listed in the Real Estate Investment Trust sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker UKCM. The last closing price for Uk Commercial Property R... was 69.40p. Over the last year, Uk Commercial Property R... shares have traded in a share price range of 47.15p to 69.90p.

Uk Commercial Property R... currently has 1,299,412,465 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Uk Commercial Property R... is £903.09 million. Uk Commercial Property R... has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -4.06.

Uk Commercial Property R... Share Discussion Threads

Showing 676 to 699 of 700 messages
Chat Pages: 28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
25/3/2024
18:05
From citywire UKCM chairman to abstain from voting for merger with BBOX

hxxps://citywire.com/investment-trust-insider/news/we-could-have-got-a-better-deal-ukcm-chair-abstains-from-tritax-vote/a2439045

"Pereira Gray said a better offer could have been forthcoming had there been ‘a more open and comprehensive sales process’. Although the deal is supported by UKCM’s largest shareholders – Phoenix Wealth and Investec – Pereira Gray questioned whether it is ‘the highest price or the best value that could have been achieved’.

He doubled-down and stated that a liquidation would generate a higher net return to shareholders than the 71p per share being offered by Tritax, but acknowledged that ‘a merger with Tritax could deliver a higher net present value… over time assuming growth in the value of Tritax’s core investment portfolio and possible narrowing of the discount’"

Needs to have a word with his colleague at API to grow a backbone

nickrl
02/3/2024
11:22
Amongst the myriad of form 8.3s yesterday was the sale of a decent sized Bristol office - at NAV. On a casual basis I've noticed a few sales recent by different REITs, all seem to be near or above NAVs. Maybe its the only ones they can shift, or perhaps its time the discount to NAV should be closing..
dr biotech
13/2/2024
09:26
What if UKCM were to liquidate their portfolio and return proceeds to shareholders?
sleepy
13/2/2024
09:07
Total chancers. Aint no way quality outfit like us at bbox will be buying you out
purplepelmets
12/2/2024
18:59
I thought it was odd that UKCM announced at 7am they were considering the bid with the RNS dated Friday. BBOX then came out with an RNS saying it was agreed. Peter Gray is dissenting as UKCM chair, but has been voted 4 to 1 against. UKCM still not put another RNS out, presumably because Peter doesn't want to put his name to it. Sounds like a bit of a boardroom bust-up and Peter Gray has thrown his toys out of the pram! Anyway, it's not a great deal, so you can see why he's not happy, particularly as he will be losing his job.

UKCM was a good size UK diversified REIT and lowly geared. It always struggled though because of the Phoenix controlling stake. On balance, I am just about positive for the merger. I think UKCM lost a bit of investor respect taking on debt at the wrong time and entering into the dubious Hyatt hotel development at the wrong time.

topvest
12/2/2024
17:00
Apart from MLI these proposals are mergers and only offer so called synergies/savings from a larger group. I've been in property for some years and bigger doesn't mean better management. Big boxes and small boxes have different tenants and different management styles are needed. If the UKCM price improves a little more I might be tempted to sell now and reinvest elsewhere.
mindthestash
12/2/2024
15:34
No this is not a good deal for UKCM shareholders. BBOX are just taking the opportunity to effectively acquire the UKCM assets at much below NAV. And that in a market which is bumping along the bottom, and will fly as interest rates come down. Having acquired a substantial holding of UKCM I'm not in any hurry to have BBOX take that off me, or to become a shareholder in the enlarged group (which will basically be BBOX+). It is significant that the chairman is not convinced. If I had to be removed as a shareholder, then I would at least expect a true NAV price, not a convoluted attempt to convince me that this is fair value taking into account the market discounts. At the market discounts UKCM is a give away, whereas BBOX is not.
redsonning
12/2/2024
14:57
ASLI/EBOX - nothing in that for either party.

I suspect the next one will be from Private Equity. CLI or EBOX would suit me just fine!

skyship
12/2/2024
14:34
The next takeover - which fund manager(s) are most at risk of losing their management contracts due to their REIT(s) being taken over?
sleepy
12/2/2024
14:19
So, who will be the next target; and from whom...

Problem seems to me that after BBOX, CREI & LMP, all other players are on large discounts. CREI were on a 14% discount when they made their merger on API - now shares have slumped and the discount widened out to 27%. BBOX likely to go the same way - these share mergers do no favours to their shareholders.

Many of the others are minnows, really too small to bother about. An exception has to be EBOX (c£700m net assets) - a very tempting target out on a 43% discount and with all assets prime, in prime locations and modern.

skyship
12/2/2024
13:10
I had not realised that BBOX (3 billion GBP) were so much bigger than UKCM (900m GBP).

UKCM have 40% in offices+retail+other.
This segment will only comprise about 10% of the combined group, so not that much really in the grand scheme of things.

llef
12/2/2024
12:28
Yes, its an interesting deal and a tad surprising. Benefits are probably around 1. Selling 40% of UKCMs non-logistics assets; 2. Use additional capital to buy more logistics assets; 3. Reduced costs and 4. For UKCM, eliminate the Phoenix blocking stake. It's a done deal on the UKCM side. I hold both, so am relatively relaxed.

It's a better deal for UKCM than BBOX though as the share prices indicate.

topvest
12/2/2024
11:38
I wonder if PCTN had heard about discussions and thats why they took a punt to flush them out?
nickrl
12/2/2024
09:00
Surprised BBOX only off 2.5%. Wondering if this is a scheme to get into the FTSE100 & attract tracker money. But why not buy something where there's genuine synergies, and much less execution risk.

BCPT is the other that's held up remarkably well, with a similar chart to UKCM.

spectoacc
12/2/2024
08:58
If I was a UKCM shareholder I'd feel pretty good about becoming pure-play logistics.

Yes I do, but will probably sell and move on

hindsight
12/2/2024
08:06
Good for UKCM shareholders, wondered why uplift last two weeks compared to other REITs, bit of insider trading.
giltedge1
12/2/2024
07:47
Pheonix are supporting so a done deal surely
nickrl
12/2/2024
07:36
Interesting that one board director is against it, and that they've been in discussions for ages.

But main interest is - why on earth does BBOX want UKCM? They solely talk about the logistics assets, so are they going to sell everything else? Offices, hotels, cinemas, retail? It's a lot to hit the market.

If I was a UKCM shareholder I'd feel pretty good about becoming pure-play logistics. If I was a BBOX shareholder I'd wonder what on earth they were doing.

spectoacc
12/2/2024
07:32
So looks like a fait accompli. Date of the UKCM RNS was actually Friday. If Phoenix have said yes, then that’s it.
dr biotech
10/2/2024
13:32
You'd hope so - but you thought they would for the previous attempt too. Hopefully the terms are better. Find out monday I guess.
dr biotech
10/2/2024
13:28
@drBiotech they must Phoenix on board otherwise its futile to even proceed.
nickrl
10/2/2024
11:18
UKCM would be a bizarre match for BBOX; but the share price here has been surprisingly strong recently - someone been buying for sure.

BBOX would of course be using its own very strong equity, trading on a mere 12.3% discount and 4.4% yield. However, likely to do a CREI and collapse sharpish on the news.

EBOX would have been a better fit; though of course a pretty major departure into Euroland.

Will it instigate a sector rally; or are those left just too small to be of interest?

skyship
10/2/2024
10:38
Didn't mention that in their investor meet yesterday (obviously they couldn't). Think it will be down to whether Phoenix being happy or not with the terms.
dr biotech
10/2/2024
08:19
UKCM to merge with BBOX (another abrdn managed REIT) according to React.

Announcement 7am on Monday

george stobbart
Chat Pages: 28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  19  18  17  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock