ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

HOT Henderson Opportunities Trust Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Henderson Opportunities Trust Plc LSE:HOT London Ordinary Share GB00BSHRGN41 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 205.00 202.00 208.00 - 15,909 16:29:55
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Trust,ex Ed,religious,charty -32.19M -33.55M -0.8495 -2.41 80.96M
Henderson Opportunities Trust Plc is listed in the Trust,ex Ed,religious,charty sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker HOT. The last closing price for Henderson Opportunities was 205p. Over the last year, Henderson Opportunities shares have traded in a share price range of 170.00p to 215.00p.

Henderson Opportunities currently has 39,491,875 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Henderson Opportunities is £80.96 million. Henderson Opportunities has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of -2.41.

Henderson Opportunities Share Discussion Threads

Showing 751 to 775 of 775 messages
Chat Pages: 31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
07/3/2024
22:35
In case you missed our webinar with Henderson Opportunities Trust (HOT), the recording can be found on our YouTube channel: 
sharesoc
06/1/2024
14:37
not been back here since cashing out in 2021 at around £15 a share. I am circling and I like the fact it holds UK banks, who may well become the UK's largest landlords as the decade progresses, but the discount is still a bit too small. It certainly seems to be stablilising from the drop below £9 last year.
bitgold
25/12/2023
00:12
Quite thread!
my retirement fund
24/12/2023
16:08
ShareSoc is hosting a webinar with Henderson Opportunities Trust plc (HOT) on 07 February 2024, which may be of interest to current shareholders or potential investors. James Henderson (Portfolio Manager) will be presenting. You can register here:
sharesoc
30/12/2021
15:11
Discount not changed but opportunities are less. Smaller companies badly affected by rising interest rates. There will be buying opporunities but not now
prokartace
25/8/2021
08:54
Discount to nav now around 14%.certainly discounting plenty of potential bad news.
It's small size doesn't help, or lack of information. The month end reports seem to be published 3 weeks later and are merely factual with no fund manager commentary that I can find.
Having more than doubled in 12 Month's to May 21, it is 10% down since then, underperforming benchmarks, and discount to nav widening.
The nature of the fund, with early stage start ups etc surely demand better, more frequent fund manager communication for the discount level to improve.
Absent that, hard to justify investing here unless they do something to turn it around and shrink the discount. No sign of that yet

shaker44
19/8/2021
09:57
Can anyone provide any background on why this IT has a performance fee and when it has been applied as I am looking at this IT for some UK exposure
123ct
18/8/2021
15:25
The discount on this trust is now out at 12% again having reached 0% in April. It avergaes around 15% over 5 years. Given that it is volatile, but a top 3 performer in its sector over 1,5 and 10 years, I will top up again if it widens much more.
18bt
05/6/2021
15:21
Enjoyed listening to this podcast by James Henderson which talks about HOT (and other trusts he co-manages) including approach to valuation and how HOT is focused (different buckets). https://www.investorschronicle.co.uk/podcasts/2021/06/02/james-henderson-overseas-buyers-are-entering-the-uk/
brucek1812
05/5/2021
19:27
Just noticed, seems Papillon has become my new stalker. Funny. A chart only shows where something has been, not where it's going.
bitgold
05/5/2021
19:25
Perhaps. Discount figure will be interesting tomorrrow - did the assets fall or was it just the share price?
bitgold
05/5/2021
08:15
Maybe a buying opportunity in this pull-back?
shaker44
05/5/2021
00:06
HOT has done really well over the past year. The HOT Ichimoku chart is still strongly bullish and has been for almost a year. How long will it stay that way? I wish I knew!

free stock charts from uk.advfn.com

The long term chart is not so hot (excuse the pun!)

free stock charts from uk.advfn.com

papillon
30/4/2021
17:29
You can quite easily make a case (particularly at this stage of the cycle and prospects for uk growth) for HOT to trade at a modest premium. It has done so in the (distant) past. If so, that would lead to share issuance. An interesting period ahead - the easy gains with the reduction in the discount have passed but the managers have performed well and James Henderson has a significant personal stake in the trust, which aligns incentives.
brucek1812
30/4/2021
14:57
I sold over half my holding in the recent run-up, as the discount has narrowed considerably. Fantastic result for me and I am a fan of this trust over many years - even the new selections of Barclays and Rio Tinto are good ones in my opinion, but if this trust transitions from exciting AIM-listed tech companies to FTSE-100 value plays, will the market allow it to retain the premium rating? I don't think so. I could easily see the discount fall out to 16%+. Whether that's with a share price fall or asset rise, who knows?
bitgold
30/4/2021
11:33
Still looks a good buy to me even at this level. Very future focussed and seems well managed?
shaker44
13/4/2021
11:10
Sustained rerating happening here. Smart investments from the managers to reflect reflation trade (growth/best ideas but with a bias to value - hence Barclays at number 6). Nimble stock selection. Discount continues to narrow. Long term buy and hold for me (2% yield as well as phenomenal growth)
brucek1812
09/4/2021
21:35
I kept monitoring, but did not sell. As you say, discount even dropped out beyond 10% for a day or two, so if anything the bar continues to be raised. I'll stick by a low to non-existent discount being the trigger to sell but it doesn't look like happening yet, plus I am sure fresh ISA money from people influenced by the excellent performance figures is probably heading this way, this month.
bitgold
09/4/2021
11:17
This one keeps on giving in line with the recovery in all smaller cos inv. trusts. But discount has crept up a bit to nearly 9%. It's comparators are mid-cap trusts, but this isn't really. Top 5 holdings are all AIM. But Barclays has now appeared as No 6. So it really is a best ideas fund from anywhere in the UK market.
18bt
14/3/2021
12:04
Discount has seriously narrowed from the 25%+ a year ago to only 7% today. Performance figures look great, up 67% on a year ago. However, to me now is a time for caution and to monitor if it narrows further with a view to cashing out at least some. With the share price increase I could see it being on the shopping list for ISA inflows in the next month or so.
bitgold
13/3/2021
15:23
New ath - breaking GBP14 (after sensible profit taking in Ceres). Discount continues to narrow.
brucek1812
06/2/2021
11:22
I'm happy to continue holding. It invests in companies that I probably wouldn't invest in personally, so a good portfolio holdings. Doing much better than Lowland Investment Company at the moment, which is run by the same managers and going through a poor patch.
topvest
06/2/2021
10:44
Very much agree - has become a very long term hold for me driven by good stock selection by the managers. They made some mistakes a couple of years ago (Hammerson in particular) but this is a great mix of high growth businesses, and still an attractive discount. Plenty of potential left here and liquidity has improved (so spread has narrowed).
brucek1812
06/2/2021
08:48
Annual results out yesterday - why does it take them so long to get these out. The YE is 31.10 and they really should be out by Christmas. However, the managers’ report is worth a read for the way they split down the portfolio and which companies have added and detracted from performance. It has been dominated by tech AIM stocks, many of which I hold elsewhere. The managers calls out a number of themes which guide their thinking, all of which show how this might be a good way to play the COVID recovery. MCap is now above £100m - if they can grow it a bit further it will come on to investors’ radars and I can see the double whammy of growth and discount narrowing. With some years dropping out, it now has a fantastic 1, 5 and 10 year record. It’s volatile but excellent if you have 5 year plus time horizons. Happy to keep holding for another 5 years.
18bt
15/1/2021
11:27
Posted by someuwin on the Mirriad Advertising thread.
18bt
Chat Pages: 31  30  29  28  27  26  25  24  23  22  21  20  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock