ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

SWP Swp Grp.

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Swp Grp. LSE:SWP London Ordinary Share GB00B010NX28 ORD 0.5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 8.75 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

SWP Group Share Discussion Threads

Showing 401 to 424 of 425 messages
Chat Pages: 17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
29/10/2016
08:55
Got my cheque. The SWP journey comes to an end.After 25 years I came out only 50 percent down although there were a couple of dividend payments.I would like to say it was a pleasure....
trentendboy
21/9/2016
07:30
Hmm, good as I get an out but still way underwater. Shame. Held for over 20 years and end up with a few quid.

No idea where my paper certificates are though...

trentendboy
21/9/2016
07:28
I had them down as being "at least double" according to my notes (i.e. 12p) but simultaneously acknowledged that this was contingent on things coming together re ULVA etc.- so 9p now is very fair - and, sadly, that's a rare thing in these situations.
value hound
21/9/2016
07:27
I also agree. Price seems reasonable. The irrevocables are hard.
somerset lad
21/9/2016
07:14
Rhomboid. Agreed. I have always found mgt very straightforward. A very frustrating investment that I am happy to walk away from with a small profit.
norbert colon
21/9/2016
07:08
OK so they did take it private but did have the grace to pay a premium, well done to holders !
rhomboid
21/9/2016
06:28
9p cash offer.
norbert colon
05/9/2016
17:03
Well it could mean a delisting, it could also mean a sale of the company.

I'm not a shareholder here, just watching with interest, the outlook for the next couple of years is not great.

arthur_lame_stocks
04/9/2016
19:57
I have been a holder for a number of years now and clearly it's been very disappointing for all involved due to what seems like a lot of bad luck i.e. mixed / variable trading across their various business, having to get rid of Crescent (a good thing in my opinion), oil price over the last 12-18 months and most recently the failure of the new ULVA GRP machine. I agree with Rhomboid that there is a very good chance that they will delist although nothing is certain.I have mixed feelings about management who seem to have failed to secure the additional middle management they have needed for a parts of their business, namely Fullflow, for long time. No news still on the funds from the liquidator and no news on their specific plans for the property from their Crescent business.I will as ever be keen to see the next set of results.Tangible book value circa 3.5p
norbert colon
04/9/2016
16:04
Hi Arthur

It's not a comment that I've ever seen so read oddly unless it was part of a low key laying the groundwork for a take private.

How about this wording then;

"Shareholders should be aware that your Board is actively looking at ways in which to maximise shareholder value notwithstanding the crisis facing us in the oil and gas sector and the lack of liquidity which our shares face on the AIM sector of the London Stock Exchange. Shareholders will recognise that their interests are very much aligned with those of members of the Board who are major shareholders in their own right and that shareholders in general should be reassured that their interests are at the forefront of our strategic thinking and that we shall not allow the underlying businesses to drift."

Whenever a mgt bemoan lack of liquidity on AIM it is usually followed by a delisting & words like "as we can no longer justify the expense of maintaining a listing"

I'll watch with interest & thx for the response

rhomboid
04/9/2016
15:17
That doesn't read that way to me rhomboid.
arthur_lame_stocks
04/9/2016
09:08
From the Interims it seems clear that going private is likely;

"As recently as 11 January 2016, at our latest Annual General Meeting, my colleagues and I were able to debate with shareholders the implications arising for a listed company of being engaged in entirely project led activities. The unpredictable timing of revenues has been exacerbated by the impact of dramatic falls in oil prices over the last 18 months"

I can see attractive value here bu the above is a showstopper for me

rhomboid
26/8/2016
15:07
Owned SWP for 20 years lolSP still lower than my but in priceStill hold out hope
trentendboy
26/8/2016
14:52
value, I'm still around :)
kemche
26/8/2016
14:48
Whooooosshh today! :-)

But I think there's only me here!

value hound
29/3/2016
13:06
Curiouser still......
kemche
22/3/2016
17:27
Half yearly report should be announced soon. Let's see what movement there has been on the property front, getting a new production line, and news from the liquidator/administrator etc.:

"As mentioned in earlier reports, based on an Asset Sale Agreement entered into with the liquidator of Ulva Ltd when SWP purchased the business on 28 November 2007, SWP remains entitled to any excess funds arising from the liquidation beyond 100p/GBP. All creditors have now been paid out the requisite 100p/GBP and the liquidator has acknowledged the efficacy of his legal obligations (with the assistance of the Court). The liquidator has stated that he is continuing to collect the proceeds of asset realisations which we are monitoring. The exact timing and quantum of any receipt remains uncertain but appears to be advancing towards a conclusion. This will be accounted for as and when payment is virtually certain as per IAS37."

Curious trade.....

kemche
05/1/2016
15:34
Compelling price at this level. All IMHO and DYOR etc
kemche
13/11/2015
13:50
I have bought some more today on the results. A mixed bag as usual but plenty of 'kitchen sinking' should have benefits moving forward. Freehold property assets also underpin the BS.
norbert colon
28/3/2015
18:46
Indeed. Will keep holding. This closure could be good for profits and trigger better dividends
trentendboy
27/3/2015
08:42
Yes pretty disappointing but reflective of the tone of the AGM where it was clear this HY would not be great for the reasons now reported. The sale of Crescent is very positive (other than for the employees) as it was evident that it did take up mgt time that would be better used elsewhere. I believe the unit in St Ives is worth around GBP 800k so the cash would be welcome. ULVA GRP seems to have a lot of potential and they just need to get traction with sales and this could be very positive going forward. I hold these as a long term investment in my SIPP and whilst the very short term outlook is not great I am happy to remain holding given the brighter prospects likely in 2015/16
norbert colon
27/3/2015
07:51
Pretty awful results it has to be said, despite attempts to make them look better. It seems hard to justify anything like the current valuation. EPS of 0.14p, probably a bit worse in the full year due to exceptional costs of closure of St Ives op (which will help earnings in future years though).

It looks like a heavy fall is on the cards - a very disappointing day for me I'm afraid.

boystown
07/1/2015
15:21
AGM next week (14th Jan) at the offices of Addleshaw Goddard LLP, Milton Gate, 60 Chiswell St, London EC1Y 4AG on 14 January 2015 at 11:00 am

Look forward to seeing lots of you there...

norbert colon
06/11/2014
08:54
Going well - with that sort of growth it looks attractive at these prices
trentendboy
Chat Pages: 17  16  15  14  13  12  11  10  9  8  7  6  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

Support: +44 (0) 203 8794 460 | support@advfn.com