ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

AVAP Avation Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
24 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Avation Plc LSE:AVAP London Ordinary Share GB00B196F554 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 110.00 108.00 112.00 110.00 110.00 110.00 400,712 08:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Equip Rental & Leasing, Nec 91.86M 12.19M 0.1720 6.40 77.95M
Avation Plc is listed in the Equip Rental & Leasing sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker AVAP. The last closing price for Avation was 110p. Over the last year, Avation shares have traded in a share price range of 97.50p to 174.50p.

Avation currently has 70,863,124 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Avation is £77.95 million. Avation has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 6.40.

Avation Share Discussion Threads

Showing 3751 to 3775 of 3775 messages
Chat Pages: 151  150  149  148  147  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
28/3/2024
14:19
With the recent issue of warrants at 118p, the company should be mopping up all the loose shares at under that price. Common sense. Please take note Jeff!
bdbd11
11/3/2024
18:11
Nice to see that the mooted share repurchases have commenced. Small potatoes so far. I don't expect volume to be huge as paying down debt is the priority, but at such a huge nav discount it makes perfect sense.
bdbd11
04/3/2024
20:33
I actually raised that question last time and was shocked by the response.
If you can pay x dor stock worth 2.5x. Tell me how you make that return leasing an aircraft!.

They cannot buy huge quantities but it seems silly not to buy a few million a year. Just easy profits.

I think the new big shareholder kicked up a fuss and finally it hit home

gallamar
01/3/2024
16:12
I listened in to the investor call. There seems to be a significance difference and improvement in confidence compared to the meeting last time out. Back then share buy backs were dismissed out of hand. This time they were back on the table as a possibility along with even the word dividend being mentioned. Paying down of debt is still the priority. With aircraft values (used and new) moving forward, the interest rate environment set to improve (possibly with AVAP's own rating improving as was hinted at) and the full fleet due to be in service shorty, we are looking good imo. The deep discount to nav they say is more than their piers. All in all it's looking good and I topped up during the meeting, lucky enough to get in under 1.06.
bdbd11
01/3/2024
14:25
The presentation seems to have been well received too, will be catching up with that later.
argylerich
01/3/2024
14:07
I suspect some investors (ie. those selling this morning) were unaware of the broker forecasts here.

WH Ireland's November '23 note forecast losses in 2024 and 2025 on both PBT and NAV (mainly due to lease transition costs - which primarily relate to maintenance costs prior to transition).

Today's results are very much inline with that.

To summarise, they say "While headline numbers may appear to be a step backwards today, we see real progress being made on an underlying basis in terms of growing lease revenue (underpinned by the delivery of two new ATR 72-600s in 2024 and 28 72-600 purchase rights) and deleveraging the balance sheet."

madmix
01/3/2024
13:44
Was surprised to see the market reaction this morning so added 3k @105.7.
AVAP seem to be tidying their desk nicely at the moment.
With delays forcast to the ATRs surely that should make the options more valuable too?

argylerich
01/3/2024
11:15
I'm surprised to see such losses and NAV declines in such a climate. Surely, such seemingly bad luck?
my retirement fund
16/2/2024
14:45
Not a set date but usually by now
harrogate
16/2/2024
14:43
Sifting through previous rns's there doesn't appear a set date for TU's or Interims
casholaa
16/2/2024
14:18
Strange that they haven't issued a trading update this year. They usually do in Jan or early Feb.
harrogate
16/12/2023
12:40
Can anyone think of reasons why:

- Nobody was found to buy Oceanwood's stake for more than 79p?

- The company itself was not willing to outbid (say, 80p) to take Oceanwood's stake? If 79p truly was a good value buy then Jeff would personally benefit a lot from the company buying Oceanwood's stake itself.

vikb
24/11/2023
13:59
Why would jeff sell at a discount to nav, just as easy to sell off all the assets which could probably be done over 24 months close to nav, not worth entertaining a bid under 200
catsick
23/11/2023
14:29
So no price mentioned on the takeover proposal, just that it was in the summer. The price was loitering around that 122p mark in June before falling toward 100p as the summer passed.

So was it a premium to the offer in June or more likely an opportunistic premium on the fall later on?

Nothing irregular in the price movements over the summer months to suggest a price. If the market got a sniff of the price today, or shortly, then maybe they come in and buy bigger to bid the price up. It looks like sellers in size guarding that breakout above 130p and no real inclination for a move higher right now. It has had a decent pop higher already on the stake building.

If they couldn't get the financing in the summer, probably less likely now, but I wonder if they will eventually come back for another go.

It looks worth keeping an eye on.

All imo
DYOR

sphere25
23/11/2023
14:15
Read the posts on here for the last few weeks
harrogate
23/11/2023
14:05
The largest shareholder is Oceanwood. When I Google that, there are reports that it is closing down. Would be grateful for an explanation if anyone is across this.
kittym
23/11/2023
08:55
New largest shareholder surely looking for a deal to exit. But with a credible counterparty this time!
gaiusgracchus
23/11/2023
08:05
Interesting nugget in the AGM statement, approached during the summer regarding potential takeover albeit broker unable to verify funding package.
mighunter
17/11/2023
10:24
Here's an old article on Raper's investment approach :

.."As for investment decision process - this is a complex, multi-step process, but in general, I try to answer the following questions:

1) does this meet my minimum criteria for valuation (i.e., in general I won't buy anything more than 10x normalized free cash flow)?

2) does this have a strong downside protection (derived from asset value, or strategic value to an acquirer, or through potential strategic action)?

3) what does the market not understand about the value/quality of the business and how will that change in the next 12mos? i.e., what is going to get the market to view this asset like I do? What is the catalyst to rerate it?

Assuming all three of these criteria are met, then it can theoretically go into the book, provided point 3) is satisfied in spades - that is, I need to be fully convinced something is going to change, fairly imminently, as cheapness and downside protection alone are never enough.

I wonder what he thinks the catalyst for AVAP is - industry consolidation?

ATB

extrader
17/11/2023
07:51
Lets kick off with this recent podcast/YouTube video with Jeremy Raper in relation to Avation "So I raised an SPV recently and this is live, this is public disclosed. I've made the filing. So I'm, I'm not going to talk about the strategy or specifically the company. But you know, yeah I've raised, I've raised money and taken entities I manage have taken a 20 something percent stake in a listed aircraft leasing company in the UK called Avation, AVAP, this is, this is all public filings and you know my goal is to maximize value for all shareholders.It's a very, it's a very, it's ostensibly a very cheap equity and I have a number of ideas to to kind of create value for all shareholders. And I think, I think having more bullets in the gun so to speak will be beneficial to to all shareholders of the company."
harrogate
10/11/2023
10:28
I don't see why anyone would get ripped off. We are all guessing but I doubt this is a wait and see what happens. It seems to me that the AVAP ability to grow and the NAV is all about those ATR purchase rights. We haven't yet seen evidence of how they can get hold of those planes given ATR production schedules or fund them. An increase in NAV is going to be slow. My bet is they need a deal of some sort.
harrogate
10/11/2023
10:00
I think they are just looking to hold a position and see a convergence to nav, the assets are not that difficult to dispose of so. I don't think anyone will be ripping anyone off, these guys seem to gave got in cheap and happy to add to the position ,
catsick
10/11/2023
09:44
I am sure that it is a plan to rip off us long term holders.
Do not forget that when the share price was in the 250p to 300p range there was an offer on the table which was turned down by the board because they thought they could get better. I had built a stake 7 years preceding that offer so now a holder for over 10 years.

fishbournetrader
10/11/2023
09:41
I'm not sure I can imagine someone investing that much without having some form of communication early on?
argylerich
10/11/2023
08:39
I doubt they will offer but they must have a plan here as Oceanwood showed the sort of discount you need to get rid of a large holding. Maybe they are lining up a buyer. Would be interesting to know if Jeff has engaged with them
harrogate
Chat Pages: 151  150  149  148  147  146  145  144  143  142  141  140  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock