ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

JWY Jarlway

0.00 (0.00%)
17 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Jarlway LSE:JWY London Ordinary Share GB00B09JC675 ORD 0.25P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.375 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Jarlway Share Discussion Threads

Showing 226 to 248 of 250 messages
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/3/2009
18:29
So, of those (of us) left holding, what do we think of the 2.5p buyout offer?
underhill
01/9/2008
23:56
Todays news no surprise really, hope no one was left too exposed on JWY.

Dibbs

dibbs
01/9/2008
10:11
It looks like these are down and out but not all that are down are out.
Take a look at PPS, they listed a couple of years ago at 80p and like lots of these start ups they've struggled and even after a recent placing at 10p you can pick them up today for under 8p, . They make hydrogen fuel cells which produce power with zero emissions. After some tough times, they've finally made a breakthrough and announced on Friday the launch of the Zemship, a passenger ship powered by their fuel cells. Also a new director came on boad today. This news is not yet reflected in the share price imho. More info on PPS bb, DYOR.

cliley454
01/7/2008
23:33
Indeed, it is all good fun on these BB's...but we love them!

You'll be pleased to know, well it probably won't change your life, but I do not intend to refilter you! As BT used to say "it's good to talk" An interesting few posts exchanged today - cheers.

Dibbs

dibbs
01/7/2008
23:08
PapalPower,

This is in danger of becoming quite civilised!

I reckon that there is probably more written about you on ADVFN per day than Gordon Brown manages in the entire UK media! That is the reason that I spoke out on the KENZ BB when another poster posted about you, bring your reply (which I could not read) onto an otherwise civilised BB. I do hold some RCG and have I know posted a few times when I became overwhelmed by the endless bickering.

I appreciate what you say about ramping on these BB's. TAN as a current example is again a sad situation for some and they have my sympathies, however everyone is responsible for managing their own risks, those that are crippled by lets say a TAN have badly failed to manage risk properly IMO.

Personally, I accept AIM and the markets for what they are at that present moment in time. Shorters, Hedge Funds, Insider Dealing, AIM corruption they all prevail and investors should, in many ways accept them and trade to allow for the associated risks that they carry.

I have to say that I am not one who believes that you post under other names nor do I think that your posting on a particular BB is designed to drive a price lower. At the end of the day these BB's have litte lasting influence in general on share prices.

I suppose I find it a little puzzling that you are prepared to take so much flack, guess you must have very broad shoulders!

Dibbs,

BTW, still reckon that your initial comment about me and endless duff Chinese ivestments is unfair and off mark. Only ever held a few JWY from very early on, sold soon after and RCG. None of the others, and we both know that their are quite a few!

Sorry for OT to all JWY fans out there BTW, not that there would appear to be very many!

dibbs
01/7/2008
12:59
Interesting PP,

I do see your point, your comments in the above post are also enlightening for me. Going a bit OTT for a reason, in a calculating way is much easier to understand than just being OTT for no apparent reason!

I really just got fed up with certain BB's being dominated, not ownly by your posts but by others constantly bickering about you. As human beings, we are all unique and complex individuals, perhaps now that I have read your last post I better understand your thinking and will review my filtering policy!!

Cheers,

Dibbs

PS What do you make of TAN. Certainly the mighty fall! With the market cap as it was at 200p + the company had a huge amount to do to live upto the dream and implement all the plans that might of yielded profits. Amazing and sad to read how some have sunk all their funds into TAN at such high prices.

dibbs
01/7/2008
11:52
I am letting the shares do the talking on their own.

For all the rampers best efforts, I am calling them down left right and centre and even despite of what is attempted hype of hype good news.

They will learn, more likely the hard way, but they will learn, so I suppose its a good thing at the end, even if plenty of people are presently losing money, at least it should be money well spent.

You have to be a little OTT sometimes, it flushes people out from under their "cool" BB exterior, so yes at times its OTT stuff, but it serves its goal. I understand if people get a little peeved with that, and its why I never counter their statements of filtering, that is their choice.

papalpower
01/7/2008
11:36
PP - you really were filtered! I seldom post and do not play to the crowds.

I did unfilter you, purely because I guessed that after months with no posts that your post was likely to be specifically for me.

Prior to that I have not had the benefits of reading your wise posts for a good while although most RCG investors repeat your posts so often that I see the content anyway, so I really can't win.

If you chilled out a bit, I and many others would I'm sure unfilter your good self.

Dibbs

PS I would certainly not buy these, this one really does look like one of the real duff Chinese stocks.

dibbs
01/7/2008
10:45
Dibbs, I was just seeing if your "I have PP filtered" posts were real or just noise for the crowds.

Obviously appears to be noise for the crowds, and not real.

Enjoy :)

papalpower
01/7/2008
10:43
PP could not resist unfiltering you to see what you posted here. FYI I DO NOT HOLD JWY, did years ago for a short while.

Do you hold every stock whose BB you post on?! I know the answer to that already!

Again PP YOU HAVE POSTED LIES, writing about things that you do not posess the correct info on. Can't expect you to change though can we!

Dibbs,

XXX

dibbs
01/7/2008
01:15
Its no surprise to see Dibbs here in another flunked out stock (China) again, is it........

Sad.

papalpower
30/6/2008
23:49
I notice that Gruppem GRP the owner of Chinese Aston Martin and Ferrari dealerships is delisting. Unable to raise funds on AIM and no trade in the shares.

Certainly no liquidity here and not much cash either... I'd not be at all surprised to see JWY go the same way.

Dibbs

dibbs
15/10/2007
11:04
Jarlway Holdings H1 pretax profit falls, but sees improved performance in H2

LONDON (Thomson Financial) - Jarlway Holdings PLC reported a fall in
first-half pretax profit but said it expects to return to improved performance
during the second half.

The company, which makes machinery for the construction industry, reported a pretax profit of 128,000 stg compared with 435,000 stg year ago while revenue
fell to 2.94 mln stg from 3.64 mln stg year ago.

The company said the construction machinery market in China remains very
vibrant from the huge demand by large-scale national infrastructure projects and the booming property market but it said a shortage of supply of a major
component used in the company's trailer pumps has hindered its ability to
exploit this opportunity fully in the first 6 months.

However, the company said it is in discussion with its supplier with a view
to them resuming the supply level the company requires and that it expects that
this is getting back on track. Moreover, the company said it has also accelerated the diversification of its product range and increased its efforts to sell into new markets to mitigate the effect of supply shortage.

energyi
19/6/2007
09:36
Results are good, but they have left scope for a warning later in the new financial year with the slower start and parts supply issues. They seem unable to grow earnings consistently, which makes a company hard to value.

Dibbs

dibbs
18/6/2007
14:41
Nice RNS not on peeps radar yet,undervalued...
68steve
18/6/2007
13:34
Well done - don't think you'll be dissappointed.
flashheart
18/6/2007
13:33
joined you guys

market cap just under 5million.results do look impressive.

sos100
18/6/2007
13:32
Hope so..grabbed 15K @ 19.75p.
tonyx
18/6/2007
13:31
This is indeed very impressive. Could well be lift off from here tony.
flashheart
18/6/2007
13:27
Results out...look excellent!!

RNS Number:5443Y
Jarlway Holdings plc
18 June 2007

JARLWAY HOLDINGS PLC
RESULTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2006

Chairman's Statement

Highlights

* Pre-tax profits up 116.62% to #743,000 (2005: #343,000)

* Sales up 47.62% to #7,164,000 (2005: #4,853,000)

* Earnings per share increase to 2.59p (2005: 1.33p), up 94.74%

* Tightened credit controls reduces average debtor turnover days from 386
to 191

* Broader product range, first overseas orders

* Strong forward order book

tonyx
29/3/2007
04:58
kaffee, a big difference in business plan. WCC have an "entrapped" market, due to the expense of logistics of competitors transporting goods to their market area. They can therefore simply and easily gain lots of growth, by the shut down of the smaller companies and them expanding their reach a little. Central China is undergoing a construction boom, its the "organic growth if you like" as the money and wealth spreads from the East, into the Central and Western regions.

Admittedly, someone has to supply pumps for all this construction, however their is competition in that area, and barriers to entry are limited. I have watched JWY for a long time, never having had a position, and continue to watch, they could at some stage come good, and thats why I still watch, they were spoilt somewhat by the initial issues not long after listing. I do hold WCC by the way :)

papalpower
28/3/2007
17:43
Somebody has to pump all of this stuff....
kaffee
28/3/2007
14:18
Yes,chart poised for break out and quite a few chinese stocks doing well lately...
68steve
Chat Pages: 10  9  8  7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock