ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

VTU Vertu Motors Plc

0.70 (1.05%)
28 Mar 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Vertu Motors Plc LSE:VTU London Ordinary Share GB00B1GK4645 ORD 10P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.70 1.05% 67.50 67.20 68.50 68.60 66.90 68.20 583,759 16:35:17
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
Motor Veh Dealer (used Only) 4.01B 25.53M 0.0749 9.03 230.37M
Vertu Motors Plc is listed in the Motor Veh Dealer (used Only) sector of the London Stock Exchange with ticker VTU. The last closing price for Vertu Motors was 66.80p. Over the last year, Vertu Motors shares have traded in a share price range of 54.60p to 88.00p.

Vertu Motors currently has 340,781,234 shares in issue. The market capitalisation of Vertu Motors is £230.37 million. Vertu Motors has a price to earnings ratio (PE ratio) of 9.03.

Vertu Motors Share Discussion Threads

Showing 2926 to 2949 of 2950 messages
Chat Pages: 118  117  116  115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
26/3/2024
08:51
....In our view, Vertu’s P/E multiples are far from challenging for a business that has shown itself able to grow across the cycle and to generate cash. We also note that the forecasts do not include acquisitions even though it might be reasonable to expect more than the handful of sites added every year that the forecasts assume. Although not all acquisitions will necessarily be earnings enhancing in their first year. The market might appear too pessimistic on the short-term prospects and to be drawing only the easy negative conclusions regarding the structural and technical challenges and opportunities that face the automotive market over the medium term. Given management’s focus on assets, it is natural to also look to Vertu’s asset value as an indicator of value per share. The shares currently stand at a discount to Vertu’s net tangible asset per share. On our estimates, the expected FY24 year-end net tangible asset per share is 70.5p, building to 80.8p at the end of FY25. We also forecast 1.9p of dividend payable for FY24.
davebowler
26/3/2024
08:49
Progressive Equity Research
-Vertu is the fourth largest automotive retailer in the UK, with 188 sales outlets and a track record of cross-cycle growth, principally through businesses it has acquired, funded by equity, debt and most importantly cash generation. Vertu operates across the entire vehicle lifecycle, including new and used vehicle sales, and vehicle servicing, repair and parts. Service and repair is a 40+% gross margin repeating business. With economic headwinds, the transition to electric vehicles, recent overseas investment in the UK market and noise about new business models, the next few years should be interesting. Vertu is well placed to be a winner on several fronts. ▪ Well-placed buyer and seller. Recent takeover activity has highlighted the value in the sector and, for a major international buyer, we believe that Vertu could be an attractive target. More importantly, with a strong balance sheet and proven, well-regarded management team, Vertu can continue to grow value through acquisitions of its own. We estimate that Vertu has firepower of £70m based on current net debt guidance. ▪ New and used markets stabilised. While the pandemic and its fallout led to several turbulent years, the industry has now moved into a more normal supply push driven new vehicle market, where dealers are still fundamental to the success of manufacturers. ▪ Electric vehicles (EVs). The transition to EVs will lead to adjustments across the retail market, but there is no evidence the distribution model will change from being dealership based. Volatility and changes in the market are likely to be best handled, and exploited, by the larger retailers such as Vertu that are focused on margins, returns and customer service. ▪ Clearer picture on the business model and value. Vertu is now the only motor retailer of scale listed on the LSE, following the recent takeovers of Lookers, Pendragon and Marshalls. In our view, this allows investors to focus on what Vertu is, rather than what it isn’t. As this note describes, selling cars isn’t even where Vertu makes the highest margins – aftersales service is, and that is a repeating income stream. ▪ Valuation and forecasts. The shares trade on undemanding multiples, in our view, and forecast FY24 net tangible asset value per share of 70.4p could provide significant support or even upside. We note that our forecasts do not incorporate assumptions of significant acquisitions or major capex on new dealership sites, both of which could add significantly to earnings.

davebowler
24/3/2024
16:17
Jan Feb March and usually April since records began used car values have mainly increased around 1% average a month with declines starting in May and continuing the rest of the year with November and December often being around 4%.I kept records of this since 1972 till I retired in 2010 and these seasonal changes didn't vary much except in extreme conditions like the 4 day week etc .For years the clever guys destocked ready to buy from late November til Christmas with that stock making great profits as the year rolled over
woodwards26
22/3/2024
13:31
Been putting my car details into webuyanycar for last few months and its value has continued to keep going up. Anecdotal evidence that used car prices have rebound-it’s a diesel crv so suspect it may be a reflection of the anti electric consumer mood ?
rabiddog
20/3/2024
20:50
Cinch are the top shareholder, but only own just over 9%.
neilunderwood
20/3/2024
17:56
what percentage have cinch sat on so far here, are they close to 30%?
finkie
17/3/2024
12:06
I wonder what it will take for VTU to close the gap on the analysts Target share price of c90p. Takeover noise seems to have quietened down for now, but it's such a well run business that value will out in due course I'm sure! Just a matter of time
robmcelf2
07/3/2024
11:52
UK New Car registrations total for month of February was 84,886. Last Feb was 74,441.
Increase due entirely to Fleet market sales being up 25%. Private sales down 2.6%.

Expect VTU increased focus on Used market & Aftersales as their Gross Profit for the 3 main elements of the business will revert back to pre 2020 percentage mix.
EG Approximately: Aftersales 40%, Used Vehs 34% New Vehs 26%.

mortimer7
04/3/2024
07:08
New cars sell down
blackhorse23
13/2/2024
08:29
Was I a day too early or have I got it wrong again? Can't see any RNS about buy backs continuing yesterday?
buffalobillnuts
12/2/2024
10:59
Yes, you're right. My mistake. Still not showing on my Hargreaves Lansdown account and other places too!
buffalobillnuts
12/2/2024
09:43
? I am just going off todays rns at 7am!
daneswooddynamo
12/2/2024
09:38
You must be able to get the information before anyone else then! as I can't see it yet.
buffalobillnuts
12/2/2024
09:24
Todays announcement is what was purchased n Friday
daneswooddynamo
12/2/2024
09:18
Not Friday!!! RNS is released next working day of trading.
buffalobillnuts
12/2/2024
09:07
Last week they bought back Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
daneswooddynamo
12/2/2024
08:14
Looks like the CEO Robert Forrester is playing games with everyone. Calls a profit warning and the share drops, next day starts the buy back for 2 days then stops. Again last week, starts the buy back, then stops. What message is he trying to send out to the markets?? Always been a fan, but I'm now starting to loose my enthusiasm for RF!
buffalobillnuts
09/2/2024
08:04
Good to see the buybacks have commenced again after a long gap. This has re-assured me a little that another profit warning is not imminent.
c_k
06/2/2024
15:34
A few months then - I'd say that's pretty short term. When these companies get bid for acquirers will be looking at potential earnings over the next several years, and will be certainly very used to volatility in the used car prices. Cinch have been increasing their holding throughout this period of retail weakness (until as recently as January) which suggests they're not overly concerned about this.
riverman77
06/2/2024
11:25
Short term? This retail cliff fall started in September.
bridggar
05/2/2024
17:30
Why do you think a bid now unlikely? I find it hard to believe acquirers are so short term, and would be put off by some short term weakness, which I'm sure they have seen many times before. On the other hand, bids have come in for all the other dealers over last few years and for whatever reason no one appears interested in VTU
riverman77
05/2/2024
17:11
Not sure the industry is sharing stats right now (aside from smmt banging on about BEV sales). Fleet can only buy so much right now given business confidence. Retail is still in the toilet as everyone knows. Bid? Increasingly unlikely.
bridggar
05/2/2024
16:24
You clearly don't know what's happening in the industry right now do you?
This time last year the share price was 62.8p. They have an extra £40 million in the bank. Show me some facts to back up your claim?

buffalobillnuts
05/2/2024
15:58
There's probably at least two more profit warnings ahead here. The shareprice nearly slipped below 30 pence if I remember upon the pandemic and see no reason that won't be seen again, unless, of course it finances are overstated, which case it could be curtains.
my retirement fund
Chat Pages: 118  117  116  115  114  113  112  111  110  109  108  107  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock