ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for alerts Register for real-time alerts, custom portfolio, and market movers

KSK Ksk Power Ventur Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
18 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Ksk Power Ventur Plc LSE:KSK London Ordinary Share IM00B1G29327 ORD 0.1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 2.25 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Ksk Power Ventur Share Discussion Threads

Showing 151 to 173 of 175 messages
Chat Pages: 7  6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
08/6/2016
11:42
Anyone in MYT as well?
drh3
08/6/2016
08:59
Listening to Bloomberg the other day, the Indian economy is picking up well and this will only drive demand for more power - KSK massively undervalued IMHO - DYOR, etc
parvez
31/5/2016
14:13
Not unexpected, but 55% increase in output is very satisfactory. I wonder what this has done to sales and contribution? They just say significant uplift in gross revenue...
drradcliffe
31/5/2016
14:04
Good results!
drh3
27/4/2016
10:09
So far so good. Hope it will continue. It has very little volume at the moment. Another reason I bought was that from the holding rns a while back, it looked like a fund was buying these? (Aberdeen asset management) that gave me more confidence.... Chart looking good!
drh3
27/4/2016
07:18
yes am looking at these and think they have turned and set for movement upwards IMHO
parvez
12/4/2016
20:28
Any one else looking at these? Looks like the share price is climbing fast on little volume.
drh3
30/4/2014
13:44
simon,

Agree basket case. Have followed these for years made some money years ago.Mostly been out recently thank goodness. It amazes me that whilst OPG can seem to make progress in spite of the coal import, interest rate, and rhupee exchange difficulties this lot just keep going backwards !

par555
30/4/2014
12:53
well I think this one will join the -99% club at some point in the near future
bad robot
30/4/2014
09:37
Looking a bit case and basket.
simon gordon
12/12/2013
20:48
5.3m shares at 130p today.
simon gordon
11/12/2013
18:25
1.51m shares sold at 130p. Is that a final purge or is there more to be dumped?
simon gordon
05/11/2013
23:16
m4m,

Interesting info thanks. As you say there are possible positives on the horizon but the chart is horrific and I'd guess we are going lower before heading northwards. I've owned some KSK a few times over the years and keep an eye on them. I will quite possibly pick up a few again but want to see a change of direction rather than trying to catch the proverbial falling knife!

Dibbs

dibbs
05/11/2013
17:09
Chart looks awful tho support levels not far away?

but someone is positive Dibbs

Nikunj Dalmia of ET Now collates recommendations from brokerages to come up with an outlook on KSK Energy. Excerpts:

The reason why KSK Energy could be a buzzing stock is very simple. Markets always vote for one simple thing, which is the rate of change and for KSK Energy, things of late have been rather awful. But awful could soon become better or awful could become bad. Why? Because there is a buzz that they are looking at raising debt in one of their global subsidiaries in order to reduce their total debt burden.

That really could be the trigger point for fixing the balance sheet. Also, there were some structural issues for the company: coal linkage, the kind of policy or the power purchase buying or power purchase policy which was followed by the Maharashtra Government. My sense is that both those issues will be fixed.

The company now is looking at changing the way they acquire coal and if they are able to commission a new coal linkage supply chain, that automatically will reduce their entire cost by about 15% to 20%.

They also have emerged as one of the big L1 bidders for a supply agreement with the UP Government where the merchant power business could be the big upside for KSK Energy.

Valuations? Not stretched it all. Based on FY-15 estimates, with the assumption that they are able to reduce their debt and capture only two quarters of upside from the merchant power business, the stock is trading at a PE multiple of less than eight times.

The market capitalisation? About $1 billion. Ownership pattern? Decent. Local mutual funds do have a limited exposure to this one. So focus on this one. Markets clearly are now in a mood to revisit cyclical stocks and look at companies where either the balance sheet change is happening and where the rate of change really could move. So this one is on the radar for lot of HNI investors as well and my sense is that level of 70 to 75 maybe before December should be around the corner.

m4m
05/11/2013
16:19
These have certainly taken a knock in the last few months considering they were around £4.00 in June. Heading back to £1.50?

Dibbs

dibbs
01/9/2012
15:25
KSK covered in September's edition of spread betting magazine -> [pages 93 to 95]
guidfarr
12/1/2012
21:11
Hi Par,

Sorry I missed your post here from way back, not quite sure how given how few their are! Apologies for appearing ignorant.

Congratulations on getting out at a very good moment in time. 30% losses are always best avoided! My attention was drawn to KSK today by the 5 million share trade. I wonder if this seller and subsequent overhang was the reason for the fall in early November and why the share price has remained within a fairly tight range since. It will be interesting to see if the share price climbs from here over the next few days...

As you suggested on a 2 year view they should look cheap...so long as coal prices, sales prices and planning and environmental factors behave! As long term followers of this sector you and I have both seen how these companies have been through their fair share of ups and downs. You'd think this sector would be a long term buy and hold but in reality trading more actively has been the way to make the money, and preserve it! Refinancing, yes that could be interesting! I would not want to assume they will manage this as the climate remains bad equally they might manage it. It begs the question as to what their forecasts are anticipating in terms of refinancing or not? If the forecasts assume lower financing costs and these can't be delivered then I guess they'd end up warning on profits.

Who knows what the future holds for these Indian energy companies? For sure I remain keen but currently more so as an observer than a player!

Hope you are keeping well and have managed to keep your portfolio in similar good health! Not easy in recent times!

Dibbs

dibbs
01/12/2011
16:38
Hi Dibbs,

Like you still watching but don't hold at present,bailed out earlier this month so lucky not to participate in the 30% fall !

Now sitting below the 62.5 million placing ( sept 2010) price 0f 510p

There must surely come a point soon when this is very cheap on a 2 year view , after all it is fast approaching the previous bottoms @ around 400-450p

Financing costs and fuel cost increases are what has killed the p&l account .Financing costs 98k v 21k previos year.I see a mention in the statement of seeking refunding , what chance in today's cerdit climate I wonder ?

par

par555
23/11/2011
09:47
Quite a fall here in the last couple of weeks. A distressed or forced seller or someone in the know? I have vague recollections of KSK falling before after no RNS'd news, only for an RNS to appear which then explained the fall. No position myself but have always followed KSK.

Dibbs

dibbs
18/10/2011
22:59
Looking good here. New all time high today.
matt123d
15/2/2011
21:17
I've sold out after todays profit warning. The IMS explains the weakness shown in the KSK chart. The uptrend has broken down today and I can see 400p short term and perhaps lower thereafter.

OK, the first half was good but Q3 will now drag the year down below previous expectations. The paragraph below shows that they have some massive challenges ahead and any slippage will roll earnings back and delay any re rating.

"The Group recognizes that with various government policy changes and enhanced local activism, it has to continuously evolve its approaches for successful completion of its projects under construction."

The risk reward is much worse after this statement IMHO hence moving on.

As a GKO shareholder I take some optimism from the following paragraph regarding Hydro. " With surplus monsoon showers and reduced demand from agriculture, coupled with more than normal hydro generation in the overall power pool contributing to a temporary supply surplus"

Good Luck to those who remain long KSK.

Dibbs

dibbs
05/1/2011
12:13
Looks like things are on schedule here. We are looking for 900MW operating by March.

I'm interested in what average operating capacity was for the preceding years - from there I can look at potential earnings growth, EPS and of course fair value.
I suspect 540p needs a re-rating.

Anyone got any notes?

thorpematt
31/12/2010
00:05
Less likely KSK IMHO Transforma. Not sure they would bother with IEL but I could well be wrong.

Dibbs

dibbs
Chat Pages: 7  6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock