ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

TAW Tawa

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Tawa LSE:TAW London Ordinary Share GB00B1Z5KB73 ORD 2P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 13.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Tawa Share Discussion Threads

Showing 126 to 149 of 150 messages
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
01/10/2022
07:02
Has anyone received the ACHP pre-liquidation dividend on 28 September? Mine hasn't arrived at Charles Stanley Direct yet.
topvest
07/6/2022
12:14
Whilst Tawa is in liquidation and almost wound-up, the sister company ACHP looks like it will be closed this year as well. For anyone interested, the bid last year for Asta was at a premium to its carrying value. NAV is now c25p / share, so a good return is due shortly from the other side of Tawa. Interesting that RQIH, another legacy insurance business, has hit the buffers recently. At least Asta was a very sound business.
ACHP financials are on their web-site. Just waiting final regulatory clearance on the deal before it completes, hopefully later this month.

topvest
05/8/2015
20:09
Yes, they have been writing letters to holders with regular updates - its strikes me that management are looking after us well and we should get another 20-30p in due course and maybe more.

Received the 11p return of capital this week which was welcome news. The accounts for 2014 were finalised a few months back. I did notice that they haven't been keeping their web-site up to date. All the documents are free at Companies House though.

topvest
05/8/2015
18:38
Found the TAL website.
I presume the Annual Report is imminent.

russman
05/8/2015
18:32
Has anyone had any news on the unlisted TAL?
I have lost track.

russman
10/4/2014
16:49
My broker has sent me the demerger form:-
My share holding is deemed to be 50:50 PROG/TAL. I also have an option to "bid" to exchange TAL into PROG with a maximum ratio of 2 PROG: 1 TAL. Lowest "bidding" ratio given priority. Is PROG falling as others will opt out of TAL as it is unlisted.

russman
10/4/2014
08:26
Thnks Mrkoko - very good write up.
sladdjo
09/4/2014
20:19
Getting hammered at the moment.
topvest
08/4/2014
19:44
Thanks for your comments - interesting.
topvest
06/4/2014
17:03
What is interesting is that Financiere Pinault SCA are quite willing to swap 15m shares in TAL for shares in Tawa PLC. Why:
1. To allow small holders to take listed shares - being generous to those holders that have lost out.
2. To ensure better liquidity in the new Tawa PLC.
3. Because they see better value in TAL.

Which one is it? Probably a combination of 1 and 3. As such, I'm going to keep my TAL shares on the hope this might return book value over a 3-5 year term. The CEO is also going with TAL which is encouraging. I'm sure he will be on a high incentive to get the maximum return for Pinault.

topvest
06/4/2014
16:09
This is a mind boggling piece of financial engineering. I doubt it will be cheap either.
russman
29/3/2014
19:02
Hi Topvest, agree with you on keeping the private comp shares - does look like there might be value there, and the fact that FinP was willing to switch PROG into the private comp suggests that they feel the same. Will take several years, but at this price level we should be fine.

Russman - do think that they've kitchen sinked it, esp with a new CEO. However, they also said that PROG would need to continue a high level of investment this coming year to develop the business, so we'll need to hold on for a while yet before we see the underlying results.

Does anybody know when the record date for the demerger is?

sladdjo
27/3/2014
11:39
Yes, it does look that way. I'm going to keep the private company shares as well as the listed ones. I just think there could be a fair return on the wind-up over 5 years or so and I don't want to convert to the service business company. I will buy more shares in the service business if that is merited. What are others planning to do out of interest?
topvest
26/3/2014
23:14
This may be the kitchen sink.
russman
12/1/2014
14:01
Share price starting to respond on the demerger strategy. Any thoughts from others on which option they will take?
topvest
21/12/2013
16:01
Exactly, but they may well return 25-50p per share in the MEDIUM TERM. Management are encouraging shareholders to swap out of the unlisted entity, so I am naturally cautious especially when the CEO is staying with the unlisted entity. Need to study further, but an unlisted holding at 7p with a possible 5 year pay out of 25-50p is worth the risk to me. Of course, we may get nothing out of either holding if they carry on making mistakes.
topvest
20/12/2013
21:53
I suspect that there will be little demand for an unlisted risk carrier.
russman
20/12/2013
21:13
Demerger announced today. I share in the service business (listed) and one in the risk carrier (unlisted) with the ability to swap fully into the listed business. Seems to make sense although they are both dogs. Anyone any views on whether they will go for 2 shares in the listed or 1 share in each. The latter option seems to hedge your bets. There may be some hidden upside in the real dog business (the risk carrier) as that is where the Chief Executive is staying.
topvest
01/12/2013
17:47
Yes, well this has been a disaster recently. No point in selling though. Hopefully management can get their act together at some point.
topvest
01/12/2013
14:44
5 o'clock on a Friday - is it Crackerjack.
Tawa tries to sneak out a $28m hit.

russman
26/5/2013
07:26
Well these have been having a bad time of late. Probably the time to buy if they can turn this group around and make the transition to a more evenly balanced group with a strong service business running alongside the run-off business. Not sure I have the appetite to buy any more, but at a third of book value this is certainly a value stock.
topvest
24/9/2012
22:39
Considering the discount to net assets I was expecting large write-downs.
russman
24/9/2012
20:42
First disposal today. Not quite sure what to make of it as at quite a bit of a discount.
topvest
20/9/2012
20:41
Results not great. Not quite sure to make of this one. Think there is probably lots of intrinsic value for the patient at this level, but time will tell.
topvest
Chat Pages: 6  5  4  3  2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock