ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for default Register for Free to get streaming real-time quotes, interactive charts, live options flow, and more.

HRM Harmony Gold

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Harmony Gold LSE:HRM London Ordinary Share ZAE000015228 R0.50
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 732.00 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Harmony Gold Share Discussion Threads

Showing 26 to 47 of 50 messages
Chat Pages: 2  1
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
05/9/2014
07:55
Savannah Resources April Resistance Retest of 8p Initially due to Wedge Formation Breakout suggestion - SAV- Today, 7:32 AMhttp://bit.ly/1hAMc5m
nick9013
04/9/2011
08:41
Gold mining majors about to breakout on a bull run?.
labradortrough
07/8/2011
11:06
Hmm, I think the Hrm chart looks a lot nicer than most others on the LSE atm.
labradortrough
20/7/2011
17:13
Wafi-Golpu now a BILLION tonnes monster.
labradortrough
29/3/2011
22:19
Another good night in New York for Harmony. The price is significantly higher than the current London price.

Here's an interview with a man who used to run Harmony and would know a thing or two about Harmony's prospects. This extract is from Moneyweb a few hours ago. Harmony looks as if it has broken out - and it may in advance of the gold complex as it was nine years ago.

"LEC HOGG: Talking about offshore, I was speaking with Leon Esterhuizen last week, when he put out a note from RBC Capital markets saying that he felt that Harmony, your old company, was going to be bought by someone. And then when we had him on air he said specifically that it was Gold Fields who are looking to do, in his opinion, a takeover. He was taken quite seriously because the Harmony share price was up 12% on the note that he put out. Do you think – it would be ironic, given that you tried to buy Gold Fields once – that that is a possibility, that Gold Fields might buy Harmony now?

BERNARD SWANEPOEL: I think that consolidation of the ... industry is incomplete, if I now avoid your specific question like a good guy. [Laughter] At the time, our opinion was that Gold Fields and Harmony together would have more strategic options, would withstand tough times better. Obviously the gold price has gone up significantly. But within Harmony there are those assets in Papua New Guinea which I think make every other mining company in the world – never mind gold mining companies – look at Harmony from time to time. But a transaction is doable. I've got my doubts about whether the South African environment allows for that type of transaction, but certainly within Harmony there are some world-class mines emerging – a few in South Africa, and then those in Papua New Guinea."

dogberry202000
29/3/2011
07:53
JSE share code: HAR ("Harmony" or "the company")
HARMONY ANALYSTS PRESENTATIONS IN PNG

Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited will be hosting analysts from Tuesday 29
March 2011 to Thursday 31 March 2011, at its Papua New Guinea (PNG) operations.

Presentations will be delivered during this visit in which the management of the Morobe Mining Joint venture management, the 50:50 Joint venture of Harmony and Newcrest Mining Ltd, will share their insight into the PNG operations and projects.
The presentations will be available on the company`s website at www.harmony.co.za at 08:30 am SA time today.

whyme
24/3/2011
12:50
Shorts may be doing so. It's up again to $14.18 early in New York! Over 5%.. Stockcharts suggests a target of around $20.5. How long, I wonder, will the London price anomaly continue?

Now $14.30!

dogberry202000
23/3/2011
22:53
Yes, significant that the move is on v.high volume. NY shorts scuttling for cover?.
labradortrough
23/3/2011
21:57
It's broken out on 3x volume in New York.
dogberry202000
07/3/2011
17:47
This has GOT to be one of the greatest bargains in the gold share world.
I'm backing my judgment and adding, if only modestly.

dogberry202000
02/1/2011
23:19
Hmm, yes looking at the way Wafi-Golpu is shaping up into a truely world class Au-Cu deposit, Harmony might be in real danger of throwing off its shackles to SA political risk within a few years imo. 4Wingrove- Harmony has had a secondary listing on the LSE for many years, although it seems the LSE listing is still very illiquid.
labradortrough
16/12/2010
20:26
Seems the mkt trying to defer any PI interest by widening the spread to a prohibitive 14%+. Shades of Canute........and a rising tide, imo.
labradortrough
08/11/2010
20:31
This share has only just been listed on LSE it looks interesting as at present it would qualify to join FTSE 100 in December although inclusion does not guarantee success as I found out with ABG. Any thoughts it seems to have been left behind when compared to RRS and other gols miners
4wingrove
04/11/2010
23:32
With QE2 now underway, I guess it wont be too long before this bb becomes populated. Hmy +8% in NY tonight.
labradortrough
22/10/2010
09:46
Latest RNS:

More significant exploration drill hole intercepts at Golpu - a world-class
copper-gold porphyry

Johannesburg. Friday, 22 October 2010. Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited
(Harmony) is pleased to announce further significant exploration drill hole
intercepts at the Golpu porphyry copper-gold deposit at the Wafi-Golpu Project
in Papua New Guinea (PNG), which is part of the company's joint venture with
Newcrest Mining Limited (Newcrest).

As a result of this drilling, the Wafi-Golpu exploration target1 has been
upgraded to 30Moz of gold and 8Mt of copper based on a tonnage range between
900 and 1,400 million tonnes. This targets growth of epithermal deposits to
between 100 and 200 million tonnes at a grade range between 1.5g/t and 2.0g/t
plus porphyry deposits to a range of 800 and 1,200 million tonnes at grades
between 0.7 and 1.1% copper and 0.5g/t to 0.9g/t gold.

Harmony CEO Graham Briggs says, "We can hardly contain our excitement each time new drilling results are received. The latest intercepts, together with the very positive outcome of the concept study emphasise the potential for the
joint venture to establish another high quality, world-class operation in Papua New Guinea."

rumblinged
05/10/2010
12:14
With gold pushing to new highs and the sheer leverage this gives Harmony ( with its relatively high production costs ) I just had to add a few more today.

I'm not sure when this one will break out but when it does . . .

dogberry202000
24/9/2010
18:48
Harmony must be just about the only stock which, despite incredibly positive fundamentals, the TA stochastics are virtually never allowed (by mkt forces) to rise above the 50 mark.
labradortrough
18/9/2010
12:18
Agreed. It's an opportunity to add in NY - and get in before it investor-awareness grows.
dogberry202000
18/9/2010
09:29
Harmony got whacked in NY last night. It seems Wall St doesn't want to attract the herd...........they know only too well that the SA golds are the canaries in the proverbial. All imho.
labradortrough
16/9/2010
08:40
Yes, it has been a long time coming. Bought back in on the London exchange a few days ago.
dogberry202000
15/9/2010
20:16
Harmony it seems finally breaking out to the upside from its 1yr flag consolidation pattern.
labradortrough
07/4/2010
20:37
Gold about to make another run up towards the all time highs?.
labradortrough
Chat Pages: 2  1

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock