ADVFN Logo

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

GGA Georgica Plc

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 00:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Georgica Plc LSE:GGA London Ordinary Share GB0009769414 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 14.50 - 0.00 00:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Georgica Share Discussion Threads

Showing 526 to 550 of 550 messages
Chat Pages: 22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
23/7/2008
14:27
Follow the logic nickcduk....Just repeating latest rumour in the city.
wapper
23/7/2008
14:01
Not sure MAB would be the interested party. My money would be on North Atlantic. They are in the market for a few acquisitions and have been adding to their stake. Similar stake building took placed ahead of their bid for a medical device company last year.
nickcduk
23/7/2008
13:52
Rumour 48p bid coming M & B .
wapper
28/5/2008
09:10
Due for a rebound or gone completely dead?
tooredtobleed
28/3/2008
08:53
Wait for the delayed buys (above NMS) to show.
wapper
15/2/2008
15:54
looking good...stake bulding :)
zimzoot
12/2/2008
17:27
I think its a done deal....only issue is raising capital...
zimzoot
12/2/2008
14:15
As a happy ex-long-term holder who made some nice money out of this one, you have to admire the way they got rid of 100m of debt just before the loan market went bad though I am not sure who got the bargain out of the snooker clubs and if the smoking ban really ruined things. No idea the exact state of the bowling clubs after you remove most of the management and consultant fees, could be something very nice beneath all the dodgy overhead. They are going to have trouble doing neat property deals in the current market so more likely to be more money wasted keeping them in shape than a quick buck made. Would guess that the management themselves want their money out of this so they can go bargain hunting elsewhere, so anything can happen...
tooredtobleed
12/2/2008
11:03
looking good :)
zimzoot
10/2/2008
19:17
i've just read the results....now i've got a headache.
myopia
07/2/2008
10:09
Georgica now has a 20 per cent share of the ten-pin bowling market – with two new centres due to open this year and four more in 2009 and 2010 – making it an attractive proposition for a leisure operator or private equity group keen to acquire a cash generative business with a strong history of revitalising itself whatever the public mood. Hold, says the Independent.
zimzoot
06/2/2008
17:30
mjcrockett: the properties are worth more than the Market cap.
on my close watch list. A facinating recent drama unfolded, not taken over, = disappointment, a large holder reduced, which has to impinge on share price. Looks very overdone now. BUt the huge profits are a one-off . But they put the company ina better position.
If I do buy I'd be looking for a 50% recovery to 60p minimum in 2008. That, looks easy.

hectorp
06/2/2008
14:30
Deutsche Bank picking up more....for who :)
zimzoot
06/2/2008
13:21
indeed...this one is back on the radar :)

Word on the street is....pile in ;)

zimzoot
06/2/2008
11:07
I have had a quick look through the results. I wonder why the results were out today and not early March as previously indicated.

At the interim stage the company said it had net cash, but now it is saying it has £4m of debt. It seems that this move is something to do with the re-financing, but the change since the interims is not clear to me.

However, with a profitable cash generative business and property assets up for sale, the shares seem to be very cheap.

MJ

mjcrockett
06/2/2008
10:59
Excellent set of results. I picked some up a few weeks ago when it was spiked sharply lower at 29p. They have as much said they will be bid for in due course. North Atlantic Value are the likely predators. I think 60p+ is where it will be taken out at. In the meantime the business will be very cash generative. Just happy to sit and wait until we are taken over.
nickcduk
06/2/2008
10:36
anyone interested in this share? Lookslikesome were waiting for price to falleven lower, but couldnow be disappointed.
littlemadam
18/1/2008
20:41
Have none but watching.

No interest in buying the co collapsed share price and reduced turnover reported today may push this to a tempting price.

Its a market leader in 10 pin bowling,expanding when sales falling but fairly recession proof, no debt with cash in bank - worth just £33m how much more will it fall?

Sub 20p would b tempting

twirl
12/12/2007
15:01
Well looks like either a rights issue to fund purchase of something or sale to connected party is on the cards.

They almost got their timing perfect, doing the freehold to lease thing at nearly the top of the market (would not have happened today!) but to little benefit of the shareholders.

Again, anyone left in (not me!)?

If someone did a study on how much money in the last five years has gone out to consultant and director fees it might just possibly make interesting reading...

Having said that, I did rather well out of averaging down over the years and holding out for some decent profits along the way (several times!), so a nice game all round but still interested to see how it will end.

CPUB is my not yet profitable bet in this sector BTW.

tooredtobleed
06/8/2007
14:24
In a sea of red we have a minor rise!

I see this company disappearing in a maze of connected trades...

so that I don't get

are we all out already?

or should we get back in for a final bit of profit?

Anyone there?

tooredtobleed
30/7/2007
15:22
Looks like the market has priced this share well ahead of the news, completely dead day as far as trades go... worth 108 million on the basis of the freeholds, almost zero debt and tenpin's trading profits.
tooredtobleed
30/7/2007
10:56
Well, looks like they were waiting for me to go... can't make much sense of the latest rns but it appears that Georgica will now consist of the tenpin bowling division, ten freehold properties for redevelopment with nearly all the debt cleared by the freehold leaseback and sale of Rileys. Hard to say if what's left of the tenpin division is worth anything, with high lease costs and presumably a large management overhead, but they might manage to offload it to the management or something, leaving them with a bit of dosh for property redevelopment (entirely the wrong moment in the property cycle anyway). Not exactly getting ten or fifty times their original investment back, are they, as they did with their previous enterprise.
tooredtobleed
27/7/2007
14:16
Well, having followed this share since it was Allied Leisure and averaged down to get back into nice profit, and then bought and sold many times, again some nice profit... I am completely at a loss as to whether the share is going to soar on the back of some magical backroom work on the institutions by the well connected if somewhat wideboyish guys behind the curtains or if it is going to crash some more or stay, well, pretty much the same.

In my head, the figures don't really add up to much and I don't see how they are going to get rid of the debt and have much of a company left for the small shareholders to gorge on.

So, for now, anyway, I am off to annoy the guys on the CPUB board...

tooredtobleed
19/7/2007
16:51
70m sale would still leave it 20-30m in debt...

Just did a little stake in CPUB, also on AIM, watching the spread tighten up in the same way as it used to on GGA... no guarantee of action but same kinda sector.

tooredtobleed
18/7/2007
08:40
I found this little item in the Sunday Times 15th July 2007:

THE company behind Rileys snooker clubs and Tenpin bowling centres is in detailed talks over a £70m sale-and-leaseback of its outlets.

Georgica is believed to be negotiating to sell the snooker clubs to Canada Life, the insurance company, and the tenpin bowling halls to an unidentified individual property investor. Once the deal is completed it will continue to manage the venues.

The sale-and-leaseback deals come as the quoted leisure group weighs up bid interest for both divisions.

Last month it said that it was exploring a number of "alternative options" for the bowling and snooker activities. It has promised to update the market by the end of this month.

littlejohn62
Chat Pages: 22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock