ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for discussion Register to chat with like-minded investors on our interactive forums.

HMV Hmv Grp

0.00 (0.00%)
19 Apr 2024 - Closed
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Hmv Grp LSE:HMV London Ordinary Share GB0031575722 ORD 1P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 1.10 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

HMV Share Discussion Threads

Showing 20976 to 20990 of 21000 messages
Chat Pages: 840  839  838  837  836  835  834  833  832  831  830  829  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
22/9/2015
20:37
I am now a bit rusty on back office procedures, but if there are 'naked short positions now, how are these deals closed? Surely the stock has to be purchased from a willing seller for closure or is this why there is still 8% stock outstanding. Or do these positions stay open indefinely.
carbon man
23/8/2015
13:34
yes we was rob,,ed by the bank they who are trading should be made to give our money back it a con
woff woff
23/8/2015
10:07
We appear to be using Americans' Chapter 11 in this country. HMV short position still open around 8%. showing on short tracker. HIBU formerly Yellow Pages Blockbusters. Are holders of these companies being taken advange of? Most of the companies are using the same premises and trading well again.
carbon man
06/4/2013
09:31
Nothing for shareholders. In fact nothing for unsecured creditors who rank above shareholders. All the money HMV administrator has raised has gone to secured creditors (Hilco now own the main debt)HMV shares are worthless.
grittar
05/4/2013
17:44
Is there any money left in this for shareholders?
snowy42
05/4/2013
10:58
Bought by HILCO
knowing
02/4/2013
21:32
Mr. Patel watch yer back.
nolens volens
27/3/2013
11:58
Store moves in at record shop

Published on Friday 22 March 2013 15:30

Lancaster's HMV music store is due to close this weekend, with a new Morrisons Local food outlet expected to open in its place.

The new Morrisons will be the third "convenience" style supermarket to open in Lancaster city centre in the last two years, with the recent addition of a Tesco and Sainsburys in King Street.

Lynn Ison, centre manager at Market Gate Shopping Centre said: "We understand that Morrisons Local has acquired a number of properties from HMV and we believe Lancaster is one of them.

"We sympathise with the HMV staff however we're delighted that the premises will be trading as opposed to a vacant unit.

"The arrival of Morrisons is maintaining and creating jobs."

Morrisons would not confirm whether Lancaster was going to be one of its new stores, but did announce the purchase of six HMV stores from the company's administrators, Deloitte.

HMV opened in Market Gate Shopping Centre, fronting onto Market Square, in early 1997, and was blamed by many for the demise of Lancaster's independent music shops.

n3tleylucas
17/3/2013
17:13
HMV administrators receive four offers to buy Fopp

Read more at

nolens volens
15/3/2013
23:15
For Foxy fans ... yesterday.

Dear all,

We are providing James and Nick with legal support.As you're probably aware, James Scott the Editor of the People and his Deputy, Nick Buckley, were arrested this morning as part of Operation Weeting. The police are investigating allegations of phone hacking whilst they were on the Sunday Mirror during 2003 and 2004.

Tina Weaver a former Editor of the Sunday Mirror and Mark Thomas, another former employee were also arrested this morning.

We are cooperating with the police and I will keep you informed of any further relevant developments.

Simon Fox

n3tleylucas
15/3/2013
22:02
ASDA Interested in Buying HMV?

Didn't that wipo poster ask what I had against the Scots lol. I'm a Glaswegian who went to school with the Fair Ground Attraction Lead Singer and wasn't this Asda's most memorable ad. More so than those pocket touching Asda price ones. It's got to be perfect lol. Hilco got hmv Canada for next to nothing so good that they have some competition on their hands

nolens volens
15/3/2013
21:53
HMV sells its shares in G-A-Y

franchise back to original owner.

An old story but worth documenting the whole sordid unwinding

Now could Totally Banjo's musings about who was to land the stake in 7 digital come to pass after all.

nolens volens
09/3/2013
17:59
tbh I think most small Indie record shops do do it for the love, there ain't much dosh in it.

Nipper? Guess it was the covenants that did it, banks are tight, not much give, a bit, but if sales fall they'd rather flog the debt cheap & call it a day.

Where I am, I saw it one day with the vinyl, they stopped caring, no new stuff, messy ,,, you know? I think they knew then ... that store.

Went in a fortnight back, all dvd/cd/vinyl stock being run down bar a few new chart dvd releases

Dunno if it's shut now, might go down next week and see.

n3tleylucas
09/3/2013
17:43
And btw Netley, I'm still on this particular case. I want answers as to how a company that was making big profits despite everything and able to pay a divi two years before it went down ended up being sold off in bits at much less than hmv paid for them to former shareholders etc. who might even have been allowing their shares to be short sold and who probably sold off their stock without declaring so in terms of the Disclosure and Transparency Regs of the FSA whose Chairman is the husband of a former hmv director.

LOL when you look at all the placings and cvas jjb had and you consider that nobody was up for a rights issue to fund and keep diversification here or to save the company at the end of the day and you see that there has been big interest here post admin, it makes you want to puke.

nolens volens
09/3/2013
13:28
Could the subsidiary of Lloyds

which acquired the Edinburgh Picture House from hmv for a song Please note that Amy McDonald has announced that due to illness her shows at Sheffiled tonight and Brighton tomorrow have had to be postponed

Hope she's not caught a cold or flu after being backstage all day at an unheated Edinburgh Picture House. Other artists beware. Time for the new owners of this venue to loosen the purse strings and spend some of that purchase money you withheld from hmv to do up the place. Close it down and do a major refurbishment - think about installing retractable seating because there's no way I'd return to get absolutely no view of the stage upstairs, having to stand throughout a show with punters going back and forth to the bar during the show when I can go to see big acts perform at venues much closer to home and sit in comfort with a full view of the stage at say the Royal Concert Hall in Glasgow. Despite it all Amy performed brilliantly in a hell hole.

HMV's excuse could be that they paid top dollar for this venue but what's the excuse of the current owners?

Was there a Next Big Thing Festival 2013 last month - not so as you'd notice lol good luck

nolens volens
Chat Pages: 840  839  838  837  836  835  834  833  832  831  830  829  Older

Your Recent History

Delayed Upgrade Clock