ADVFN Logo ADVFN

We could not find any results for:
Make sure your spelling is correct or try broadening your search.

Trending Now

Toplists

It looks like you aren't logged in.
Click the button below to log in and view your recent history.

Hot Features

Registration Strip Icon for charts Register for streaming realtime charts, analysis tools, and prices.

PMK Plus Mkts.

0.00 (0.00%)
Last Updated: 01:00:00
Delayed by 15 minutes
Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Plus Mkts. LSE:PMK London Ordinary Share GB0032654641 ORD 0.01P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  0.00 0.00% 0.19 - 0.00 01:00:00
Industry Sector Turnover Profit EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap
0 0 N/A 0

Plus Markets Group Share Discussion Threads

Showing 7826 to 7838 of 7850 messages
Chat Pages: 314  313  312  311  310  309  308  307  306  305  304  303  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
19/3/2014
20:26
Absolutely shocking investments by the company imo
risk1
19/3/2014
09:21
Ophir's doing well with duster wells in the Gabon, lol.

Not sure if use of the swimming pool is enough anymore, perhaps he could lay on a barbecue as well?

harry f
12/3/2014
21:55
Pjw i can't understand what you are trying to say ref athabasca and kariba you can't reverse them both into plmo?
risk1
08/3/2014
00:09
You can talk fletcher "THE EVENT" springs to mind ho ho ho now run along
risk1
07/3/2014
23:14
Shouldnt you be apologizing for your unbalanced ramping on PLMO.
r g fletcher
07/3/2014
22:50
Thanks pjw.

Good idea imo to stop posting, I'll try and do the same.

harry f
06/3/2014
17:47
Now we know, Plus Markets (NEX) worth £2.7 million without DERIVATIVES EXCHANGE and PLUS Trading Solutions Limited

Aquis gets go-ahead for £2.7 million NEX Exchange takeover

The UK’s FCA has handed Aquis Exchange approval for its acquisition of the exchange business of NEX Group from CME.

Pan-European cash equities trading venue Aquis Exchange has been given a green light by the UK’s financial regulator to acquire NEX Exchange from CME Group.

Confirmed in July, the £2.7 million deal will provide Aquis with a path into listings, as well as a recognised investment exchange status in the UK as the firm looks to take on incumbent venues to establish a technology-focused listings exchange.

Aquis has now confirmed that following approval from the Financial Conduct Authority and upon official closure of the acquisition, NEX Exchange will become Aquis Stock Exchange (AQSE). The newly-formed business will undergo a consultation period with market participants, regulators and issuers.

“We are delighted that this acquisition has now been approved and we look forward to welcoming NEX Exchange’s staff, customers and other stakeholders to our group,” said Alasdair Haynes, CEO of Aquis Exchange.

“Since announcing our intention to purchase the business we have been most encouraged by the appetite for change in the industry. We look forward to building Aquis Stock Exchange into the supportive home for quality growth businesses we believe it should become.”

Aquis is acquiring the exchange business from CME Group. CME Group acquired NEX Group, formerly ICAP, in November 2018. NEX Exchange has 89 companies currently listed on its two markets with a combined market capitalisation of around £1.9 billion, working alongside 51 registered brokers and seven market makers.

New update harry July 2020. Original post deleted.

pjw1956
06/3/2014
13:32
Will keep my eye on it harry. Have a good weekend.

Update

Nordic Petroleum AS (Nope) confirms its intent to cooperate with the UK company Athabasca Resources Limited (ARL) in order to execute the planned appraisal program for the Chard License in Alberta, Canada to be executed during the summer of 2014. The transaction is structured as a farm-out/farm-in agreement, and ARL will cover the full costs of the program and a cash element and in return obtain 50% of the interest. The parties have agreed a payment schedule, and April 30th is the date by which the parties shall have entered into a final agreement covering stated project. ARL has paid parts of the cash element in order to achieve an exclusivity ending April 30th unless the final agreement is implemented.

Inquiries may be directed to: Per Gunnar Løge (+47 91130847)

"TXO expects to make further announcements regarding its investment in Athabasca over the coming months. Athabasca is currently putting together a suitable board for its own listing and is upgrading a CPR report which was produced in 2012."

No sign of Athabasca listing here

I wonder why Spencer Wilson never recommended Athabasca here? (See video above post 4853)

pjw1956
05/3/2014
14:38
Agree that one Lenigas share is enough.

I didn't flag it as an investment opportunity but more regarding their current legal action against MOG which is currently being heard in the high court. I've only recently picked up on the story, and bobobob5 gives good updates on the LGO board, well worth a read for anybody imo.

I don't know the story in detail so apologies in advance for any unintended inaccuracies but I briefly see it like this:

LGO had a JV minority interest with MOG. MOG talked it down, referring to it specifically as a liability. LGO trusted them on this view. Behind the scenes MOG had Genel lurking who apparently are much larger and wanted to take the LGO and MOG stakes. MOG then pushed LGO for a sale and managed to acquire it for 1 USD plus liabilities, LGO agreed.

It appears Genel had already made their interest known but it appears MOG withheld this information from LGO so shortly after LGO sold they flipped their stake plus the rest for a much larger value, apparently which implied the LGO stake was effectively worth around 10 million USD.

MOG's point of view appears to be withholding what LGO see as price sensitive information wasn't material. Clearly it is. I cannot see any reason why LGO would sell at the price they did if they had view of complete information.

Now why I've flagged it is for a couple of reasons.

1) There are some obvious analogies to PMK.

2) Imo it gives some indication of the tolerance/ materiality threshold for retrospective action. In comparison to PMK the situation appears more "binary" (or less complex), occurs over a shorter timescale, and involves a smaller amount.

Imo certainly food for thought.

harry f
05/3/2014
13:38
No harry, one Lenigas share is enough. Into tech stocks at the moment.

Here, I am more interested in what Spencer Wilson is up to in the energy sector.

Markab energy, site down at the moment
Markab Energy Services
PO Box 39553 Kuwait City, 73056 State of Kuwait -

Press 20 Athabasca Resources (looking to list)

Spencer Wilson Non-Executive Director
Phoenician Corporation IV

pjw1956
05/3/2014
09:39
Are you following the LGO story pjw?
harry f
04/3/2014
13:41
I saw that a while back, it's a design your boardroom jobby.

The corporate governance is the one that gets me.

Just imagine in an interview.... "So Cyril, tell me about your success in corporate governance"

Does he laugh or cry?

harry f
04/3/2014
10:03
Not as funny as this harry

Biography

Cyril Théret has chosen to hide their experience

Salary Expectations

Salary Negotiable

pjw1956
Chat Pages: 314  313  312  311  310  309  308  307  306  305  304  303  Older

Your Recent History