|XN Checkout Hld
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Real-Time news about XN Checkout Hld (London Stock Exchange): 0 recent articles
|diogenesj: I think you need to look at the bid price, N. Torex Retail 116p bid x 2.547 = 295.45p per XNC share. That's about what you could have sold XNC for earlier in the week.
Last bid price quoted for XNC 290p. You're better off taking the Torex shares than you would have been selling at that price.
I've accepted the Torex offer, although I didn't think it was particularly generous. Torex should do well - but the immediate future is cloudy after this flurry of takeovers, so I must admit I feel some doubts about it.|
|cockneyrebel: It's done as far as far as I'm concerned nfranks.
But you'll be getting 2.547 TRX shares for every XNC as you say.
2.547 x 116p TRX bid price today is 295.45p per share. XNC are worth 290p bid so you gain 5.45p an XNC share on conversion.
|cockneyrebel: Well it looks like it, it's an agreed bid. But then wasn't EID's bid an agreed bid until SEG moved in?
Personally I think I'd have the bulk of my money in XNC rather than TRX. If TRX get XNC you get 2.547 Torex shares for every XNC share you hold. TRX today stand at 104p bid so if the take over finalised today you'd get 267.5p for your XNC.
Now if another bidder did move in and create a bidding war XNC would rise quite a bit more than TRX as TRX would either lose XNC or have to bid more imo.
I reckon you're probably on a Win/Win with XNC at this level - even if TRX fell to £1 bid you get £2.54 for your XNC rather than today's 250p.
TRX doing the prestation to the city today so if they rise on that you get an even larger premium over XNC's bid price today - and there's the chance of a white knight turning up.
Sold my TRX and moved into XNC again.
|insideryou: great news, but not what i expected in the price, although, at a market cap pf 72.7million, this equates to a share price of @266.... now 243 to sell... people must be mad selling at that price, unless of course there is an aytempt to drive down trx'x share price to create panic among xnc holders.. most definately holding, and will be happy to have 50k torex shares....|
|cockneyrebel: Yep, TRX have stolen XNC.
TRX should rise on this deal - they it will be very earnings enhancing in it's first year. I'll hold my XNC - it should rise on the TRX share price rise that looks a cert on this deal.
The deal makes sense to be honest, just think TRX should be paying more.
TRX have a trading statement in July - they are ahead imo and the share price should rally then too.
Might not have got the price I wanted here but will get more as TRX rises imo.
|insideryou: CR OR FELIX..is there an ethical or legal issue with moore sat on both boards in the event of a take over, and is he allowed to purchase shares in either , if he has knoweldge of a possible approach( when would it be considered a closed period), if indeed there was an approach from trx.... Also, any speculation to what the share price of the strike out would be? and would trx's share price also increase, if it acquired xnc...Do the board see this as a good fit, and would the anaylsts and brokers agree.. tia..|
|felix99: I heard that someone was running a slide rule over them given the deals they are doing and the growth etc and now that with share price down here its pretty cheap - but you can say that about a lot of small caps.
My view fwiw is that I wonder if someone acquisitive like TRX might be interested as they look like they want to build a big company and by acquisition as well - its the only way for them to really grow in size quickly. I suspect they have a seasoned Board and it would seem to me that XNC would be very attractive.
At what price would XNC be happy to be taken over who knows and if they were receptive would they want to receive cash or more likely receive some TRX paper?
These are the deal breakers and do not buy on my whispers as it takes two to tango and both parties have got to want to do the deal.
I believe CR reckoned the two had a common director as well ??
Also I note that despite some good deals of late until today the TRX share price has been weak. Could just be smallcap liquidity - I guess if someone looks backa tt he volumes they can tell - or perhaps they are sonding out backers for some money to make an acquisition.
They would need a nice war chest to buy XNC at this price. Just my musings and I may be putting 2+2 together to make 5 but I cant see much to counter my theory.
If the market was still hot I would put some serious dosh in but buying anything for a bid in this mkt can damage your wealth whilst you are waiting and test your nerves
Fear vs greed its your call Spangles
DYOR etc etc|
|cockneyrebel: Well in the morning when you see the results remember XNC said this, before the recent upgrades:
"The Board is confident of exceeding market expectations for profitability of
£1.4 million on slightly lower turnover than had been forecast."
This means margins have grown strongly if you can beat expectations by 20% on turnover a bit lower than expected. This is part of the reason why I expect further upgrades to this year and next year. Then there are the acquisitions to kick in.
Latest Dan Stewart eps forecasts are for 13p 2005, 18.6p 2006. Stop and think for a minute. Look at the profit growth here.
-£2.2m 2003, £1.7m 2004, £3.1m 2005, £4.5m 2006. Without any upgrades profits are expected to grow 80%+ this year, 45% the following year. This is massive growth but there is loads more to kick in.
The eps for 2006 will be upped both in forecast and delivery. I expect 2006 eps to be well over 20p but lets just say 20p. Now look at the PE something like VAN is on, trading on a PE of 30 for 2005 - growth is no stronger in VAN than XNC. If XNC trades on the same 2005 PE as VAN it will be 390p a share.
XNC is in a much less competitive sector and recent earnings acquisitions and contracts are not factored in yet.
At some stage on the results, no matter how fantasic, I expect a few traders to jump, just like in IDS last week. I also expect that if some traders do jump there are plenty in the wings waiting to buy any dip, just as they did with IDS last week. This stock has a fantasic habit of bouncing fast on a dip where there are loads watching out to buy - like Mark Slater!
Think forward a year too - if these are going to be doing 20p+ in 2006 and they have re-rated onto a rating like VAN as they should do for this growth we'll be looking at £6 a share.
That's why I think this is a cracking buy, very strong growth and a re-rating to appreciate that growth will put continuous upward pressure on the share price over the next 12 months imo.
|cockneyrebel: Looks like a few profit takers this am but I can't see it lasting - look at the earnings forecasts:
2003A - -14.5p
2004E - + 8.3p
2005E - + 13p
2006E - + 18.6p
Now these forecasts are before the recent earnings enhancing acquisitions and contract wins.
Now look at Plusnet (PNT), has all the tipsters excited despite the competitive sector (internet) eps forecast for 2005 = 10.68, 2006 = 14.46.
Vanco (VAN) - 2005 eps forecast = 9.85p, 2006 = 15.2p - Share price 315p!
Now look at ALM, an Electronic Epos type business like XNC - growth is forecast to be a pathetic 10% btween 05 and 06 yet that trades on a 2006 PE of 13.5, hardly any different to XNC and XNC are murdering them on growth.
Torex (TRX) another XNC type company - 2006 PE of 15.5, much higher than XNC yet the earnings growth from 2005-2006 expected to be less than 10%! NXC are forecast to do over 40% and they have yet to be upgraded for the acquisitions.
XNC still growing faster than all around yet much cheaper - this won't get missed at the results imo.
|cockneyrebel: Hi Diogenes.
Yep, I'd like some of these share too. I think they will have struck a price last week when the share price was 165p perhaps so nut such a huge discount then and the share price was on a huge high, I would think any institutions would have been aware of that before agreeing to take share.
I think the cash will be used in part for the roll out of these numerous contacts they highlighted in the trading statement.
As the share will be issued shortly before the result I think the results themselves and any news therein will be enough to absorb any lose stock quickly imo, hence the timing Punch Tav, the casino stuff and the like.
Also the share price was moving up strong last week and ticked up late Friday when this placing must have been known about by some yet not a single sell which suggests that there's some good contract/deal news attached to it imo
Agree tho - we shold all get a fair share of these first imo
Perhaps we'll hea about the 'potential investmets' before the placing egm.
XN Checkout Hld share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange