||ORD 76 122/153P
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Travel & Leisure
Whitbread Share Discussion Threads
Showing 876 to 895 of 900 messages
|Why? You can't just post a sell. Can't see any reasoning.|
|Indeed - not only compared with what you would get from a building society but also that all being well dividends will increase with time.
In 1999/2000 interest rates were going down and I decided to set up a 'yield portfolio' - unfashionable at the time when everyone was piling into growth TMT stocks. One of the principles was to buy and hold unless circumstances put the dividend in danger. 16 years later most of them have been taken over or gone under but I still hold three, one of which is WTB. Adjusted for several capital reorganisations it is now giving me a purchase price yield of 14.6%. Beat that Nationwide!|
|that 2%+ divi yield (covered > 2x) is looking more attractive now in the new ultra low interest rate environment; good track record on dividend growth as well over the last 14 years... Http://uk.advfn.com/p.php?pid=financials|
|Quite a step up today.|
|Topped up on this dog.|
|Humm... Not much reaction to that news.|
|Yes, totally agree, however more falls likely in next few weeks. Holding off till
|Looks good value at the moment|
|Is this even more oversold|
Total sales up 8.0% for the 13 weeks to 2 June 2016
strong financial position remains unchanged
AGM later today|
EX Dividend yesterday and the trading volume set a NEW HIGH
maximum in table above is out of date
Maximum____2,128,605 Ex dividend 26/05/2016|
|Trading volumes on Thursday 1,075,023 and Friday 1,202,547 were both over one million which are One in Twenty days. This is not unusual and is the fourth time that such a pair of high volume days have occurred this year.
First was 3rd 4th March followed by 9th 10th March. Third example was 26th 27th April which was around the announcement of the results.
Trading Volumes Statistics using ADVFN data from 31/12/2014
Maximum____1,864,603 Trading Update 08/09/2015
One in 20__1,071,631
Median_______529,771 Middle of a sorted sample
NOT UNUSUAL on Trading volume alone but add the weeks closing price, showing a week on week rise of 9.6 percent, makes it an INTERESTING one to WATCH.
Ex dividend next Thursday with record date Friday 27th May|
|Technical rally or is there news?|
|Seems oversold to me.|
|looking perky - bucking the wider market|
|WHITBREAD ACQUIRES 49% STAKE IN 'PURE'
"3 May 2016: Whitbread PLC announced today the acquisition of a 49% stake in London based company, Healthy Retail Ltd, trading as 'Pure', for GBP6.8 million. Whitbread has the option to acquire the remaining 51% stake within the next five years. The business will continue to be managed and operated by the Pure management team.
Pure is a food-led grab and go and online delivery concept, that specialises in fresh, natural healthy meals made individually for the customer. Pure currently has eight shops in London's West End and The City and further sites in the pipeline."
...a good move imho
I'd still like to know if this ever happened though...
...Alison will be purchasing c. GBP500,000 worth of Whitbread shares on joining the Company
|It has been a bad year for Whitbread but they now look as though they are turning the corner
I thought the Chief executive came across well in her interviews yesterday|
|Read Panmure Gordon & Co's note on WHITBREAD, out this morning, by visiting hxxps://www.research-tree.com/company/GB00B1KJJ408
"Whitbread reported results broadly in line with its pre-close trading update and market expectations with revenues +12% to £2,921.8 (PGe £2,878.4m), Operating profit +12.4% to £600.4m (PGE £601.4m) to give adj EPS 238.65 (PGE 233.4), helped by a lower than expected interest charge. DPS of 90.35p (PGe 90.1p). Capex in the year was higher than expected at £725m (PGe £700m) with Net debt ending the year higher at £909.8m (£583.2m last year). Pension IAS 19 reduced from £554m to £288m. Milestones have been reiterated (85,000 UK hotel rooms and c£2.5 billion Costa system sales by 2020). No change to strategy/structure but three strategic themes identified. No detailed current trading figures releases except to say Costa performing well and hotels flat. More promised at Q1 trading update in June ..."|