|Ventus Vct D
||D SHS 25P
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Ventus Vct D Share Discussion Threads
Showing 76 to 92 of 100 messages
|Perhaps we all reach the stage where we intensely dislike or even hate someone. I have felt that way in the past.
But like my friend above - patience is important.|
|Well, whatever you pyranhas say this woman is amazing. I've just read her diary in the Observer and her achievement IS awesome. Typical that hardly anybody wanted to sponsor her but there is now a media feeding frenzy. I admire her sufficiently to let her park my car anytime! Sportsperson of the year 2001?|
|Well said Mart , you should be ashamed of yourself pommy !
|You want her bad don't you Pommy?|
i know nothing
|she sparked alright but still sitting at the wheel, doing her make up and congratulating herself on parking in such a huge place. Head on parking into a space that is, no reversing required, thank god!!!
In minute she'll realise shes too far from anything else to get off!!|
|she finished yet or can't she park it ???|
|I like it! I'll see if I can find you some good sites to look at.
i know nothing
|Jealous Pommy? :-)|
i know nothing
|The french have taken her to their heart?
What a load of horse, shes a woman for christs sake of course theyve taken her to their hearts, well thats what they'll tell her, then spin her a couple of je t'aime cheesy lines and try to get her in le sack!!
The french as a stereotype are more predictable than women!!|
|Interesting to see that the French have taken her into their hearts. Nice to see that she is getting some recognition here in the media for her achievements.
Very inspiring, very brave.
i know nothing
|Back to the dishes then I suppose.
Addo is innocent.
|Hope she doesn't have to reverse into the harbour !|
|I have heard a rumour that it wasnt a container she hit but ADDO|
|Bloody typical woman!
Hey Guys I bet you know what Im getting at?
They really are a liabilty when it comes to steering something in the right direction.
Noone we were the ones given the old fella and put in charge of steering, imagine what it would be like if they were in charge!!! Ouchhhhh!!!
COLLISION : KINGFISHER DAMAGED, BUT NOT OUT!
* KINGFISHER sustained significant damage late on Tuesday evening when she sailed in to a solid object, suspected to be a semi-submerged container. After two days of work, she is now back in the race. This morning's position report puts KINGFISHER 79 miles behind PRB, matching him for speed and heading and having pulled back 3 miles since yesterday afternoon. [2438 miles to go to finish for Ellen]
* Just before sunset Tuesday evening, Ellen was suddenly thrown forward as KINGFISHER was brought to a grinding halt whilst sailing upwind at 11 knots - the noise of ripping carbon being the first frightening sound as the 60 foot racing machine lurched, injured, over the object. Ellen's first thoughts..."It was a gut wrenching sound...I've relived it many times over since in my mind"
* Port dagger board destroyed, port rudder damaged but not seriously.
* 48 hours, a lot of hard work, sweat and tears on, and Ellen has Kingfisher sailing at close to full potential once again - but unquestionably one of the toughest moments of the race for a very tired skipper at this point.
Removing the damaged remains of the board, manhandling the other board out of its housing from one side to the other, with hours of DIY on the way to make it work upside down on the opposite side....Incredibly, the distance lost to the leader during this time, was only 30 miles.
* Ellen's outlook on the remainder of this marathon race - "For sure with the problems we've had, there is a loss of performance, but very much in my own mind, the race is still on. I'm looking ahead at Mich and at the guys behind, and I promised myself I wouldn't give up until we passed that finish line"
* Unfounded speculation in the official news reports yesterday that sail damage might be the reason that PRB's lead over KINGFISHER jumped from 48 miles to 77 over a 2 day period - can be disregarded. In fact the sail wardrobe for the remainder of the race is at 100%...including the gennaker that was repaired over a period of 18 hours non-stop some 10 days ago and used in action on the way in to the Doldrums...for tactical reasons this information was withheld at the time ... Ellen also wanted to see that her amazing repair was going to hold!
* This dramatic news has been kept private until this point for two reasons. Firstly Ellen's desire to get the boat back to 100% again before admitting to what was a big setback. Secondly to allow Ellen to recuperate a little before sharing in detail one of the toughest periods of the race so far...so we're sorry for not telling you earlier!|
|please bring back post number 21 for the benefit of us latecomers.
Swingclub: which club do you and yer missus belong to?|
|Me and my girlfriend used to have a water bed, but we had to get rid of it, it ruined our relationship coz we were drifting apart!|