||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Oil & Gas Producers
Tullow Oil Share Discussion Threads
Showing 31951 to 31975 of 31975 messages
|That wasn't gloating by the way....think you've made some good calls...who knows which way it will go short-term.
It is at least cheaper than it was and we are not buying at its height at this point...that's all you can say.
Certainly sharehub had an interesting take on those shorts,gives me hope.
|Poor old phillis' profit...gone our way instead|
|Any up day is a good day!|
|Oil at 50.25 dollars just now|
|It`s c120.7m shares short....Quite a few eh?
any PoO rise will magnify the TLW sp, if indeed it does rise and ii close... that`s the theory, I guess?
Could do with a cheeky bid by someone- that`d magnify their thinking!|
|Looking to profit from a downward move in the oil price - presumably magnifies in the TLW share price because of the debt?|
|It is interesting. On the flip side of the coin you have Deutsche Bank going back over 45m or 5% and Majedie asset Management going over 5% with 45m shares earlier this month.|
|As a holder, the increase in the shorts to this level is worrying. Is there some potentially bad news lurking, such the insurance for jubilee? And why, only now, close down / sell the norwegian assets.
In fact with TEN up and running and Kenya starting slowly next year all should be positive and upwards.|
|13.23% short....and increases by Marshal, a new entry at .51% and Key Group going up or is it down to 1.41%|
|12.67% short...and increases by Key Group to 1.34%...So over an 1/8th of stock out short.
|OIL UP A BIT this morning......|
|Obviously all investors here are aware of yesterday's RNS stating that Aidan Heavey had taken up some of his deferred (from 2005) share options. Normal business practice. Also, yesterday's API figures surprisingly only resulted in a small decrease in the PoO (it's now at just over $49).
I think TEN's start-up and the hope of some sort of agreement at the next OPEC meeting (I wouldn't hold my breath on that one!)are what's keeping Tullow's share price at the £2.30 mark this week. Quite impressive but as we are all too aware anything can happen with oilies - good or bad.|
|A.P.I. reports a 4.464m barrels increase in US crude oil inventories.|
|Intend keeping for longer term here.|
|22/8. Director Aiden Heavey sold 333k+|
|Most of the oilies are staying calm this week. Must be waiting on the OPEC meeting results.|
|Iran signals more willingness for OPEC action to boost oil price|
|...and Tullow follows suit to finish just about up!|
|Oil price spike! Nice!|
|Tullow Oil will sell its exploration and development licenses in Norway, says a company spokesperson in a statement sent to Rigzone.The development will result in as many as 50 job cuts, according to various media reports, although this number was unconfirmed by Tullow."Tullow Oil...has submitted notifications to the relevant authorities and has commenced a consultation process with its staff," the spokesperson said in a company statement."This difficult decision has been made in response to the ongoing challenges presented by a low oil price and the need to prioritize our investment in our core portfolio in Africa and South America. We also need to consolidate our cost base. We will, of course, fulfil all our commitments on our existing licenses and honour all our obligations to staff," the spokesperson added.Tullow holds 34 licenses in Norway, according to its website, and a total of four exploration wells are scheduled to be drilled in 2016. The company's decision will require it to sell its interests in Wisting, a discovery which was described by FirstEnergy Capital as the firm's key asset in the country."Overall we value carry Norway at $0.22 (GBP 0.17) per share...We would be surprised if the company managed to sell its position in Norway for such a price given the current depressed status of the market for upstream assets," said FirstEnergy in a brief research note.|
|I view it as positive in terms of recapitalisation and cost reduction.|
|Surely Tullow selling Norway has to be rns'd?|
|Back to no volume and battle of the bots knew I should have gone into financials for a week...|
|I was expecting a pullback to 220 but maybe we are on the next leg up?|