Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Steppe Cement LSE:STCM London Ordinary Share MYA004433001 ORD NPV
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 15.50p 14.00p 17.00p 15.50p 15.50p 15.50p 9,079 07:52:47
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Construction & Materials 42.5 0.6 0.1 202.1 33.95

Steppe Cement Limited Market update for the first half of 2017

17/07/2017 7:00am

UK Regulatory (RNS & others)


Steppe Cement (LSE:STCM)
Historical Stock Chart

1 Month : From Jun 2017 to Jul 2017

Click Here for more Steppe Cement Charts.

TIDMSTCM

RNS Number : 1863L

Steppe Cement Limited

17 July 2017

17 July 2017

Steppe Cement Ltd

Market update for the first half of 2017

In the first half of 2017, Steppe Cement Ltd ("Steppe Cement" or the "Company") sold 650,333 tonnes of cement for 8,553 million Tenge, compared with 761,771 tonnes of cement for 8,190 million Tenge in the first half of 2016. This represents a decrease of 15% in volume and an increase of 4% in turnover over the same period in 2016.

Average price for the current period for delivered cement was 13,151 Tenge per tonne (ex VAT), compared with 10,751 Tenge per tonne in the corresponding period of 2016 as Steppe Cement focused on prices while other companies increased their market shares.

Ex-factory price for the current period was 11,147 Tenge per tonne, compared with 8,781 Tenge per tonne in the corresponding period of 2016.

The cement market in Kazakhstan shrank by 1% during the first half of 2017 compared with the same period last year. However, overall cement shipments from local companies increased 5% compared with 2016, as imports (representing 6% of the local market) remained flat and exports more than doubled again from 160k tonnes to 450k tonnes, due to favourable regional exchange rates.

Steppe Cement's local market share decreased to 15% in the first half of 2017 from 18% in the same period of 2016 and exported 11% of its sales compared with 4% in 2016.

The Company currently estimates country consumption at 9 million tonnes for 2017.

Steppe Cement's AIM nominated adviser and broker is RFC Ambrian Limited.

Nominated Adviser contact: Stephen Allen or Andrew Thomson on +61 8 9480 2500.

Broker contact: Charlie Cryer at +44 20 3440 6800.

This information is provided by RNS

The company news service from the London Stock Exchange

END

UPDZMGMNMNGGNZG

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

July 17, 2017 02:00 ET (06:00 GMT)

1 Year Steppe Cement Chart

1 Year Steppe Cement Chart

1 Month Steppe Cement Chart

1 Month Steppe Cement Chart
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:32 V:gb D:20170720 16:52:16