||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology
Source Bioscience Share Discussion Threads
Showing 3376 to 3398 of 3400 messages
|Money paid. Good bye Sbs. Will be interested to see if money is now made by those that took the other option! Good luck.|
|Should be by end of Sept, no later than mid October.|
|any thoughts on when we might see the cash returned - cant find a date in the documents?
thanks in advance|
|The paperwork deadline passed. I didn't sign so will receive my money. Although too late now think I should have at least taken some of the new shares….|
|Blimey does that mean we still have a chance of a better deal??|
|SBS are still listed and their shares are still trading on the LSE
Somebody seems to want them at over 18p
Getting them though seems to be getting harder due to lack of sellers
Cyprotex ( CRX) doing very well now
Profits this year could now top 3m GBP
Better than even SBS profits would have been ......... how I wish|
|Its a done deal surely, they have over 50% in shares?|
|well it would be nice - not happy with 18p; can even get 18.01 if I sell now!!
Thanks buywell - lets hope so.|
|Possible rival offer about to emerge stage right ?
|Jane, re buying at 18.5 - yes was wondering the same. I thought we'd been bought out at 18p. Can someone enlighten us?|
|any views on why people are buying this at 18.5 - have I missed something?
|Source BioScience confirms that there are
349,351,081 ordinary shares of 2 pence each in issue|
|.................. ZIKA is becoming a big problem .....................
New Asian strain outbreaks in Singapore, Malaysia , Phillapines in the last 7 days
Africa and Indonesia remain untested but ZIKA is there and cases are growing in number
China and India to soon be in the news
It may not be only the brains of babies that are affected
New and fast testing methods are going to be required
A new vaccine is a must as the WHO is now slowly coming to see
|Cheers p1. If anyone lets their money (18p's)from this deal roll into the unlisted option, is there any idea of when shares can be sold? Would that sell have to wait until a listing is obtained when a company is found…..or is that all wrong?|
|Given they are shareholders, yes.
Mills has a skill, done me no harm yet.|
|The question has to be do they have evidence of being successful for shareholders…?|
|Christopher Mills/Harwood doing similar in JNY now. Held them too and sold out. JNY being placed in a private vehicle, like SBS.|
|p1inkfish - really appreciate you taking the time to offer opinion.|
|Sold out. Was tempted but cash is more flexible than stock in the private vehicle. I think the new company will do very well and the fact the directors are taking shares is promising but a small holder in such a situation will probably find it illiquid for quite a while. Exit will be at the behest of the large holders. If I want to exit early it would b harder than in a listed vehicle.
Good luck whatever you decide. Sherwood will probably do very well.|
|Well got the paperwork. Decision time take the money or open the box 'Michael' lol. Anybody sure of the new folk!! Anybody taking the gamble? Or splitting shares and cash.|
|I certainly agree the team now have done really well. However having lost so much I lost confidence and took eye well off the ball. Can't blame anyone else for that.
Ps have lots of significant losses awaiting a day when I make a significant gain, lol. Hoping SOU help out with that in the med term.|
|Peterz You explained bought in 2000 way before this team came on board and sorted the company, Sorry for loss. Couple of things, you could split taking some shares and crystallising some Capital losses. You need to look at your other investments as if you have capital gains above your allowance, or expect them, it may be worthwhile taking some or all the loss to offset, at least you will save 40% on the gain going to the tax man. maybe do a couple of calculations as your 97K investments a tidy sum. Why did you not add during time of this team over last 10 years, they are quality and sorted this, gutted to see it end, but nice profit. not sure whether i take some shares. hope that helps.|
|Thanks bm. I am very unsure what to do. After holding for many years at a loss and selling would simply crystallise the significant loss, but would give me something back. On the other hand if I accept the alternative offer of unlisted securities what does anyone know of the potential??
I guess its to do with trust really, I believed in SBS management and expected them to take the company to great things for long-term shareholders like me rather than taking the cash and admittadley pleasing themselves and some newer shareholders.|