||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Travel & Leisure
Skywest Airlines Share Discussion Threads
Showing 476 to 498 of 500 messages
|Of course, Thank you|
|Presumably you could just take a certificate and hold it. Then the company should send you the cash and the VAH certificate. When (in the future) you wish to sell your VAH you can go to a broker with it.|
|Hi I'm a complete novice and I'm looking for some advice, I've held these shares since 2008 and I'm pleased with the performance. I use Selftrade to buy and sell shares however, Selftrade tell me that because Virgin (AUS) isn't "crest" they will not be able to trade them, therefore I have 2 options
a) Sell Skywest now which excludes me from any benefit of the take over ( presuming there will be one) or,
b) Take a certificate and go to a broker who will trade in "crest"
Has anyone got any suggestions, I have 4 days to decide ;/
Thanks in advance|
|It's Au22.5c in cash, plus 0.53 VAH shares per SKYW share held.|
|Brian, we will receive part shares in Virgin and part cash. Do you know how much is the cash element?|
|Roughly 30.3p, assuming 40.5c/share for VAH, and an exchange rate of 1.452$/£.|
|What does the offer equate to now ?|
|Thanks BrianGeeee, I was planning on letting this run it's course and still am.|
|Assuming the current price of Virgin Australia shares is realisable, the offer is equivalent to roughly 30.6p.
Given the excellent trading, they may reject the offer or hold out for a better price. We're still waiting for the board and their IFA to come back with their recommendation.|
|Does anyone know what the net value of the buyout by Virgin Australia is now? It is patly paid by cash and partly by AH stock, but it looks like the value of VAH stock has fallen. I am trying to work out whether to sell in the market or wait for the buyout.|
|get the DIVI thrown i believe before they sell up...then sell up the rest at the bid price for theCo.|
|Oceanwood has 8.98% and UBS has 8.49% of shares. Are they expecting a better offer, or are they holding for Virgin?|
|UBS were soaking up all the stock..
Seems no doubt the deal will be done..
Free money from 27p to just over 30p.|
|any reason why its not at 30p? seems a high likelihood of going through so thought it would settle at the equivalent offer price.|
|I sold my initial stake plus a small bonus and left the profits...
Just in case of a counter offer..
Seems like the market has soaked up every sell (and there has been a majority) for the 30p + or - depending on exchange rate in a couple of months.|
|I just read that, Tom tipped SKYW at many prices not just those he mentioned, after the Dec 06 tip, they fell 75% to 3p at one point, I know because I held since 05, Wonder how many who bought on that tip are actually still holding now? To realise the gains he's claiming.|
|Qantas won't, they're in their own mess, virgin already have a stake in SKYW, plus the leasing with AVAP for the ARAN contract, which is headed by SKYW CEO Jeff Chatfield. Closed shop.
To me this deal was always going to happen, just a shame I didn't profit as much as I'd have liked due to buying at higher levels|
|Quantas may counter offer... They won't like this ;)|
|I'm in the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|Based on VAH's closing price on 29 October 2012 the transaction consideration equates to AUD $0.4688 per SXR share.
So about 30p correction I used US $ instead of Aus $
Wonder if there will be a counter offer?|
|Under its cash and scrip takeover bid for Skywest, Virgin is offering 22.5 cents in cash and 0.53 shares in Virgin Australia for each Skywest share.
Virgin said it had secured in-principle agreement from Skywest to go ahead with the offer, which is worth 46.88 cents per Skywest share.
Skywest executive chairman Jeff Chatfield said the offer, represented a substantial premium to the airline's share price and would only go ahead in the absence of a superior bid.
"Skywest will be appointing a Singaporean independent expert to advise the board on the value of the proposed consideration," he said.
So about 34p.;)|