Share Name Share Symbol Market Type Share ISIN Share Description
Prostrakan Group LSE:PSK London Ordinary Share GB00B09STF21 ORD 5P
  Price Change % Change Share Price Bid Price Offer Price High Price Low Price Open Price Shares Traded Last Trade
  +0.00p +0.00% 129.625p 0.00p 0.00p - - - 0.00 05:00:10
Industry Sector Turnover (m) Profit (m) EPS - Basic PE Ratio Market Cap (m)
Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology 100.2 -0.6 -0.5 - 265.03

Prostrakan Share Discussion Threads

Showing 526 to 548 of 550 messages
Chat Pages: 22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  Older
DateSubjectAuthorDiscuss
30/3/2011
12:56
I recall there were 40%+ irrevocables. But it doesn't actually matter. As long as the majority of THOSE ACTUALLY VOTING TOMORROW (even if that is just a handful) vote for the motions they will be passed and be binding on everyone. So unless there is an absolutely massive vote against the motion tomorrow (which will only be if there is another bid > 140p) it will be all over tomorrow....
optimisor
30/3/2011
11:21
I'm not sure about this scenario. Yes, irrevocable commitments may well become binding from tomorrow, but, are there enough of them, percentage-wise? When I first looked at the offer document there were only a paltry 14% or so... Definitely not enough to swing this deal at 130p. What has happened since then I don't know. I'm sitting on my shares and CFDs and will wait and see.
diamondsales
30/3/2011
10:25
Unfortunately unless someone bids before the shareholder meeting TOMORROW 31st MARCH, the irrevocable commitments from shareholders will be binding and they will vote for this 130p bid. So unless someone pops up before then, after the vote tomorrow it will be too late. You should however get your money early May if this deal goes through. Chances of a counter bid now look very slim.....
optimisor
30/3/2011
07:13
I cannot see any specific reference to the 31st though it does state that a final decision would be make in April regarding acceptance of the offer, I would suggest that if nothing is announced today you can forget it...... Contacted my broker who tells me that the 21st of April is the deadline so I suppose there is still a possibility! Regards spool
spool
29/3/2011
11:58
Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know whether there is a deadline for a counter bid? Would it have to be before ProStrakan's AGM on 31st March?
youwould
25/3/2011
17:41
My thoughts precisely D, I have held of on the CFD's though, yours is probably a good call as I would guess that First Eagle have wind of a counter bid. regards spool
spool
25/3/2011
17:26
It's gone very quiet, but it could be the lull before the storm! I've topped up my CFD a bit today at 130.75p. OK, I'll lose a bit on this top-up if only the 130p offer goes ahead but my guess is that a higher offer will come in. The third alternative (meaning no offers in the end) doesn't bother me 'cos I believe PSK will prove to be be worth considerably more in the next twelve months anyway.
diamondsales
25/3/2011
11:27
Time running out fast for a counter bid. Has to be before the meetings on 31st March for irrevocables to lapse. Fingers crossed that something materialises early next week!
optimisor
22/3/2011
11:41
I agree with spool. If there is another bid in the pipeline they will try to give the impression there isn't. Stock markets are giant casinos after all, and takeovers are roughly equivalent to poker.
diamondsales
22/3/2011
11:16
Don't think anything is final just yet, there are still institutions going long due to the very limited downside. Regards spool
spool
22/3/2011
08:57
Looks like the other so-called interested party has disapeared.
farmsted
17/3/2011
08:14
I read the results as extremely positive, Dr Totten's forecast of profitability would have been comfortably met had PSK not been let down by the US partner, very unfortunate all in all for him, however it is quite clear that PSK is on the cusp of being a highly profitable company and I suspect that it would have been better for the small PI's in the med/long term had the takeover not been approved, hopefully interested parties will scupper the current offer sooner rather than later. regards spool
spool
14/3/2011
08:22
Slavidge are definitely building a stake, it remains to be seen whether they are acting in their own interest or that of a third party, hopefully the former and they are aware of the presence of alternate suitors and just want to make a quick 10=>15% profit. regards, spool.
spool
11/3/2011
17:32
Last trade of the day shows a buy of one million at 132.74 (unless it's a sell wrongly recorded). I can't help thinking that something's brewing over the weekend, like another bid...
diamondsales
11/3/2011
11:10
Today's RNS shows big purchase of shares was between brokers -one increasing his long position!We can but wait.
craigends
10/3/2011
15:31
Two trades marked as sells @11.12 (~420000) make up the majority of volume today. Could be ex employee (guess) taking cash. Like you Diamondsales I'm sitting on purchase made at 60p days so only looking at greed factor.
craigends
09/3/2011
17:04
What's going on may just be poker. If a higher bid is being prepared the last thing they will do is to make it obvious. Poker faces all round. At close on the Friday before the 130p bid the spread was very wide. That in itself was enough to deter buyers of the shares. A loss-making company, never paid a dividend, a wide spread? Stay clear, would be the normal market reaction, when in reality the share price was about to jump... A higher bid looks an odds on play but nothing is guaranteed. Worst way, if the 130p bid folds and nothing else comes in, I'm happy long term with my shares, accumulated from 63 pence up to 90 odd pence.
diamondsales
09/3/2011
15:35
Well the clock is ticking for any other player(s)to put their bids on the table. Hope that Steph and Diamond's information is good - as why pay more per share if you can get at 130P, or is this traders clearing open hedges? Volume has been very thin.
craigends
07/3/2011
11:14
The fact that PSK is steadily trading at 132.50-132.75 suggests that the market doesn't believe it's game over at 130p. A sector expert tells me another bid is anticipated. It won't be life changing but it's worth holding if you're in for less than 130p.
diamondsales
07/3/2011
08:40
Cheers Steph, hope you are right! I am still holding on the basis that the potential upside is much greater than the current price versus the offer. regards, spool
spool
06/3/2011
21:53
Increased offer on the way? s
stephanie_m
01/3/2011
08:09
Quite week !!
farmsted
23/2/2011
09:24
I think Norgine and other interested parties will be buying as many as possible up to £1.40 on the basis that any other bid (possibly from them) will be above that price, interesting to see where this will end, hopefully with a longterm going concern in the borders though. regards, spool
spool
Chat Pages: 22  21  20  19  18  17  16  15  14  13  12  11  Older
Your Recent History
LSE
GKP
Gulf Keyst..
LSE
QPP
Quindell
FTSE
UKX
FTSE 100
LSE
IOF
Iofina
FX
GBPUSD
UK Sterlin..
Stocks you've viewed will appear in this box, letting you easily return to quotes you've seen previously.

Register now to create your own custom streaming stock watchlist.

By accessing the services available at ADVFN you are agreeing to be bound by ADVFN's Terms & Conditions

P:42 V: D:20161204 14:21:12