|Pilat Media Global
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Software & Computer Services
Real-Time news about Pilat Media (London Stock Exchange): 0 recent articles
|smithie6: I see your point but !
"Only a higher bid will do that and the share price says there isn't one coming."
the takeover has weeks to go yet....I think March was mentioned....no date yet for the voting
2) Do you think it is correct that Sintec makes an offer knowing the results for 2013....while the people receiving the offer do not know the results for 2013 ?
seems very strange imo
3) Do you think there is a chance that the claimed 'sellers' are in fact re-investing in PGB by providing the new money needed by Riverwood (USA) to put into SMS Ltd ?
(tax advantages/avoidance by buying new shares in a company
maybe some big sellers put in just the CGT amount, or 50% of sale cash
while some, like Eurocom might want to put all their sale money back in)
(just look at the history for OCH and INVU if you doubt me, that Shore Capital companies are often involved in questionable share capital 'games'
INVU Plc had an USA part.....raised 4M pnds at a high share price, around 25-30p...and a large part of that cash went to buy shares from INVU inc holders at 0.53$ (some exchanged for 1 INVU Plc share)
...not much later INVU declared its accounts were false...
arguably intentionally false....the share price collapsed...
rescues around 2p per share...and de-listed around .3p
around 1/100th of the price that UK investors paid)
(on AIM; if one assumes the worst, one is often right !)|
|smithie6: "Organically, the share price was going to take ages to get beyond that given teh free float and given a number of people will have been put off by the Israel factor."
uh, no, imo
The share price was going up above that at end of March anyway..only 10 weeks away.....I have little patience at times, but 10 weeks I can wait !. with release of the results and directors comments of '"backlog" and excellent outlook
hence Sintec are putting their offer in before the results come out.
"I've made over 100%"
me, about X 3 ..from 35p on results day, was it in March...and I'm not selling.
each to their own.
'let your winners run, cut your losers'
If they dont get over 90% then they cant do compulsory purchase of shares.
up is it 250 times since the early 90s.
selling out early is a common mistake....not to make !|
|adamb1978: People are more than welcome to vote no however given the level of irrevocables plus the institutional support which will come, there is zero chance that this will not happen.
Rather than wait 2-3 months for your money and make a futile protest vote, better to sell now and move on. For the vast majority of investors, 95p will represent a substantial profit anyway. Organically, the share price was going to take ages to get beyond that given teh free float and given a number of people will have been put off by the Israel factor.
I've happily sold out today at c.100% profit over a year or so.|
|yump: A bit of a giveaway:
"The Scheme provides certainty of value to Pilat Shareholders through a cash exit at a significant premium to the recent share price."
"We know there's a substantial number of shareholders who will be pleased to get out at 95p after waiting a long time for the price to recover, so we'll put a modest carrot in front of them and see if they bite."|
|obiterdicta: I'm voting no. This business has got great potential to grow to be a market leader. The last time Sintec tried an offer they were re-buffed. An offer of £1.50 might be worth looking at but I think in 2014 the share price would have achieved 95p on its own steam with a few contract wins.
Given that Sintec have been buying at 27p onwards, then they are only purchasing 50 million shares for just under £50 million pounds, given twelve million is there is cash, they are buying circa £25 million of turnover for a cost to them of £38 million cash plus the written off value of their PGB shares.
Also not particularly happy that £400k of the Company money is being awarded to three Directors for work on the sale, presumably this will not be awarded if the sale does not go through.|
|adamb1978: Nice start to the day! Share price was unlikely to get much above 95p in the next year or so and it didn't appear as though the board were willing to dividend out the cash. As good a result as we could have hoped for|
|adamb1978: Excellent set of results out today. 9 months results decent and the outlook for q4 and 2014 was stonking!!! On my numbers, they're on a 2014 PE of 12.4x or 8.5x ex-cash. That's cheap. Its not impossible that the share price could get up towards £1 over the next 12 months
Would love to see them use the cash pile or (preferably) hand the majority of it back. They have about 20p per share in cash and its really doing nothing - if they have no need for it, then they should return it|
|yump: I do wish they wouldn't go on about cash, when there's no sign of me getting it directly though. Acquisitions are a mixed bag in terms of subsequent share price performance imo.|
I'm currently in two minds with this stock having held for a long time and sold half around 58p a month or so ago for very little gain. There is the niggling doubt that it might regain old highs and then just not keep growing as promised.
The only reassurance is that it hit a high just before the recession started to hit, although I thought it might be fairly immune. Whereas now, it looks to be growing and we're (touch wood) on the way out of recession, albeit slowly.
One thing is for certain, like you, if I sold the rest, 80p would be odds on, so I'm holding for a fair bit longer. My original reasons for holding because the business looked promising (recurring revenues etc.) haven't really changed.
Excess cash doesn't often seem to make a difference to share prices, no matter how much talk there is of it justifying part of the share price on its own. If its a growth stock, people expect growth and cash doesn't count.|
|rmillaree: Hello yump
That would make total sense that the price continues on up as i have just offloaded my holding today.
Hopefully those that continue to hold will be rewarded by good future results as this certainly is(probably always has been) a company with good potential to ramp up the profits in the future.
Personally with forecast EPS of 2.9p next year (albeit some nice cash) and a slightly up and down history with regard to retained profits i was a little worried that if they have any more hiccups the share price may be back down below 50p again.
The excess "surplus?" cash is nice but to a certain extent it is probably partly necessary to prove to clients that they are worth handing a large multi-year contract too - although one would like to think that there current client base would be proof in itself.|
Pilat Media Global share price data is direct from the London Stock Exchange