|North American Income Trust
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Equity Investment Instruments
North American Income Trust Share Discussion Threads
Showing 151 to 175 of 175 messages
|Sold out of nait now! We are a bit closer to the nav plus the latest dividend. Got 1233.5 for them, so 1241p...|
|ASCI is now on a c.25% discount with a 3.3% dividend yield. I purchased this week and may yet buy more. As you know discount could sit there for some time....but feels too large to me - when you look at the underlying holdings its all stuff I would be happy to own. V unloved sector! Perhaps deservedly.|
|Aberdeen yet to get going you say? There is talk of a final splurge up in the US, although 20,000 on the Dow felt like a major psychological barrier...|
|zcaprd7 I did exactly that for those reasons. Sold here and took positions in Blackrock smaller companies, Henderson opportunities trust and Aberdeen smaller companies income trust. All at 20% + discounts, 2 of them have started to move north....3rd one still going no where currently. BRSC is nicely hedged anyway - they estimate 50% of the income of their underlying holdings is from abroad.|
|Yes, perhaps. It seems dividends are the only way to get cash out of this net asset value... I'm a bit concerned about Trump (although been happy to ride the trump bump to date) and suspect the valuations are getting stretched in the US, and in particular the dividend payers have been popular? That coupled with the pound at historic lows suggests there might be more interesting UK based, discounted, income-based trusts to switch to? Small companies probably, as I suspect they will benefit most from brexit....|
|en route for 7.5p drop tomorrow given ex-div date of 19th Jan
Much larger dividend expected around full year figs announcement on 24th March as the Co will have had a stellar year in 2016
Final Div could be around 16p per share.
As always - DYOR|
|Back to 13.33, but anticipated with the currency swing. Still frustrating, which is why I think I need to hold for the dividend, although it will probably drop again to take that into account on Friday...|
|NAV v share price at today's close is getting silly imo at discount of £1.32 per share
... and yes zcaprd7 if you sell on Friday you will be due the 3rd Qtr Dividend of 7.5p due on 17th Feb|
|Lol. Pound up...|
|So, just to be clear, if I sell on Friday, I'll still pick up the dividend?|
|Sigh. I suppose we'll have to wait for tomorrow's update to see the weak sterling feed through to the nav?|
|Oh, I see. No. Not much. I juggled my whole portfolio before brexit to be non UK... But it's time to bring it back soon.|
|I'm looking at repatriating a third of my sipp, which is in nait, I would like to sell at the highest dollar, lowest pound...|
|Bit of an odd way of looking at things, if I may say so. Unless you are not in the UK and don't have sterling funds and income.
If you are, the compensation of rising non UK earning assets is useful, but the fall in sterling is hardly to be welcomed.|
|Looks like we might lurch to a hard brexit on Monday, hopefully knock the pound back and give the nav another kick up...|
|Discount is getting wider again after today's drop which IMO is strange given the 3rd Quarter dividend announcement of 7.5p today.
Discount on share price of £1.20 beggars belief.
Like I have said this should be trading over £13.00|
|So, obviously we drop!|
|New nav high|
|Let's see if trump says anything daft now!
|Aha. 19th of Jan is the ex date...|
|I sold a quarter of my holding last week. Let's see if trump says anything daft now! UK economic data should be pushing the pound up, but it keeps dropping, but I think the inflection point is coming. Probably between trump getting in, and article 50 getting triggered?|
|All looking very good here - so enjoying a contrarian trade from time to time I have sold over the last 2 weeks. Might be a bit early.|
|Yes, bit silly. The discount was at about 50p a while ago, and now it's back to a £1 again...|
|Wow, the falling GBP v US$ along with the Nasdaq hitting new all time highs has provided a double fill up to NAV!!!
New all time high on NAV(including income) - £13.6529
Today share price retreats to £12.64(beggars belief)
How long before the share price goes over £13.00
As always DYOR|
|Weekend even. Sigh...|