||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Electronic & Electrical Equipment
Morgan Share Discussion Threads
Showing 1 to 16 of 25 messages
Chat Pages: 1
|REDS, remarkable recovery story not yet well known. Trading update 5th September.
REDS provides software applications for smart buildings and counts pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline and real estate player Meyer Bergman among its customers.
Constant flow of new contracts with large multinationals.
They got recently a 12 million contract with UBS which represented 50% of REDS' market capital! UBS have 700 more branches needing possibly the same service.
New CEO Mark Braund very positive and invested his own money along with the financial director. Mark is a specialist in turning around struggling companies. He has already done it with REDS in less than a year.
|Read Panmure Gordon & Co's note on MORGAN ADVANCED MATERIALS PL (MGAM), out this morning, by visiting hxxps://www.research-tree.com/company/GB0006027295
"Although the share price has fallen 32% in the past 12 months, we are still struggling to put together a compelling case for investment. We are not hiding behind last Friday’s trading update which was again littered with the word “challenging8221;; even when things were not challenging between 2012-2014, Morgan struggled to deliver. Essentially, we see nothing special about the new strategy which..."|
|hALF YEAR RESULTS
Group revenue at £469.2 million (H1 2014: £448.4 million) was up 4.6% on a reported basis; revenue was up 3.1% compared to the first half of 2014 with all operating regions achieving revenue growth.
Overall order intake in the first half was solid with a book-to-bill ratio of 1.03x with all three operating regions above 1.00x. The order book at the end of June was 5.7% higher than at the end of June 2014.
group EBITA margin for the first half of the year was 13.0% (H1 2014: 12.6%). There were no one-off or restructuring charges in the first half and hence the Group underlying margin was 13.0% compared to 12.1% last year, up 90 basis points.
Underlying EPS was up 18.9% to 12.6 pence (H1 2014: 10.6 pence).
Net debt at the half-year was £217.1 million (Full-year 2014: £207.0 million). Net debt to EBITDA ratio at the half-year was 1.4x (Full-year 2014: 1.4x).
Interim dividend increased by 2.6% to 4.0 pence per share (2014: Interim 3.9 pence per share).|
|thanks limit up|
|broker has put a share price tgt price of 390p today|
|Nice rise again LU. Why? No big buyers. In profit and just came in for the divi.
CNBC warns me the Yanks are coming. Welcome!! Buy a couple of million and have a nice luke warm 'orrible British cup of tea.
Trades are well down on my Watchlist.|
|on the bid front no other news than that what was turned away before,on the figs the brokers gave it a mixed bag on future tgt share price price ,but i think this co has a niche mkt which is very difficult for others to replicate.|
|Thanks LU. Does it mean that another merger bid like Vesuvius plc is sending the price higher?
Good divi and healthy results has put me back in again.
Last August: "Morgan Advanced Materials has announced a new joint development agreement with The University of Manchester, aimed at scaling up a new process for manufacturing graphene - a one-atom thick carbon allotrope first isolated at the university ten years ago and for which two Nobel Prizes were awarded."
Any news on this?
Hayd has taken off, (Why?) they report next month.|
|bought in here at 240p still here ,i feel they will be bid for ,they were approached 4 months ago and turned them away..there is no other cmpany to compare them with,and they have got rid of the low margin busines which is a big plus for going fwd.
|Nice rise at 11am.|
|Results: looking good. I am back in.
Revenue at constant currency increased by 1.8% compared to 2013. Revenue was 3.8% higher in the second half than the first on an organic and constant currency basis
· Order intake for the full year was encouraging. Book-to-bill ratio was 1.02 times with all geographies above 1.00 times and a year-end order book at constant currency circa 9% above that at the end of 2013
· EBITA margin for the full-year increased 40 basis points to 12.8% (2013: 12.4%). The EBITA margin in the second half of 2014 was 13.0%
· Reported results were impacted by a strong sterling against most currencies during 2014. Relative to 2013, the impact of foreign exchange translation was an adverse movement of £52.3 million on revenue and £7.9 million on EBITA
· Cash flow from operations remained strong at £120.0 million (2013: £127.0 million). Net debt at the year end was £207.0 million (2013: £186.5 million). Net debt to EBITDA ratio at the year end was 1.4 times (2013: 1.3 times)
· The Group has booked a £51.9 million charge before tax in the income statement (2013: £12.9 million) in respect of a number of specific adjusting items, details of which are provided below. Due to the nature of these items they are excluded from the underlying profit figures. The cash cost of these items in 2014 was £5.3 million with a further cash cost of £6.6 million expected in 2015
· Proposed final dividend increased to 7.0 pence per share (2013: Final 6.7 pence per share), which would result in a full-year dividend of 10.9 pence (2013: 10.5 pence), a 3.8% increase|
|Darren Sinden from Trader Titan Investment Partners discusses Morgan Advanced (MGAM) on Tip TV. Watch : http://www.tiptv.co.uk/archives/tip-tv-show-replay-25-06-2014/|
|Well they're laying off 200 hundred people at their Morriston factory in Swansea, even the factory was, I was told by an employee, "booming".|
|why are the shares going up?
|Anyone investing in this ?|
|jezzz, everyone's changing their company names these days!
Morgan Advanced Materials plc is an advanced materials technology company that provides highly engineered solutions to its chosen markets. Morgan Advanced Materials has a global presence with operations in more than 50 countries. From medical instruments, aerospace, power generation and satellite communications, to body armour, trains and fire protection systems, Morgan Advanced Materials products are fundamental components or enabling technologies for many of the modern world's sophisticated products
Chat Pages: 1