|May Gurney Integrated Services
||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
MAY Gurney Share Discussion Threads
Showing 451 to 470 of 475 messages
|Kier down over 5% today on the MAYG news. However, Kier share price has been climbing for some time and still some way off it's best. Today's drop could prove to be just a blip once the dust has settled.|
|Excellent outcome, at least for me . Doubt that Costain will come back Kier would not waste effort by making an offer that Costain would consider challenging. Now, do I sell now and lose the 0.50p per share etc expecting keir share price to fall in near future or take the deal, and Kier will march on to better things?.
Guess one pays one's money and takes one's chance. It was ever thus.
Still to evaluate Keir progress/prospects though.
|Agreed, but its not over until its over.|
|Doubt it, especially as further irrevocables have been announced during the morning.|
|Now to see if Costain can better it?|
|Agreed melody9999...good result.|
|errr - do i assume no-one else ix excited by 315p? Or was it just expected? anyway well done to our Board for negotiating a great deal on behalf of shareholders|
|Probably because of a report on front page of The Times Business News stating that Kier "could offer up to 300p" after its board meeting next Wednesday, but that Costain might pre-empt that by upping its effective offer.|
|SP rising despite sells this am. News in the offing? Something from KIE? Or just a reponse to the recovering COST price.|
|May Gurney NOT shortlisted for 5yr £39m/year contract to maintain Norfolk highways. May Gurney have had the contract for the past 10 years, so this is a bit if a blow to say the least.Reported today in Eastern Daily Press business supplement.|
|have to disagree harry - this could go anywhere. if KIE indicate they are going to bid tomorrow you could easily see another 10%+ on the share price On the other hand, if they confirm no interest, we will be back down to 230 ish I guess.|
|my post 423
Have sold out in order to pay for hopefully more profitable stuff. at least the divi made it slightly profitable but this doesn't look if it's going anywhere fast. good luck to holders
proof if ever it were needed that i'm not the new warren buffet- doh!|
harry the haddock
|Ditto AISHAH, nice earner. :-)|
|Completely out now. Nice return from 145p last Oct.|
|someone is hoovering up all the sells. Now I wonder who that might be K..r. Sold 50% this morning but I think I might just wait developments on the rest|
|Nig295, you MAYG shares will be exchanged for 0.8275 COST shares. So depends on the relative value of both companies at the time you are thinking of selling in the market.|
|nig - depends on where you think costains share price is going. If you sell today your hopefully up on what you initially paid! imho|
|Excuse my ignorance in the workings of these things, If i sell today will I get more than the value that my combined shares would be worth? less? or about the same?. Just looking for opinions here.
|Almost forgot though, re "debt"... Net debt is actually around £3M. £74M relates to vehicles and plant leased specifically to service contracts. If those contracts are lost then the vehicles get returned and come off the balance sheet according to Mayg... "the obligation to repay the capital and interest related to this asset financing is contained within the contracts where the assets are utilised". That clarification was the final thing which lead me to buy Mayg in first place.|
|True, Spob. COST is on 2013 PE of 13ish (but net cash) - not something I would have been attracted to normally but I'm effectively buying. I'll have to do some number crunching or just be lazy and wait to see if any brokers come out with figures for combined co.|