||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
|Software & Computer Services
Maxima Holdings Share Discussion Threads
Showing 676 to 699 of 700 messages
|K3, CORERO XNT were names bounded about with INVESTORS CHRONICLE quoting up to 50p for a bid.|
|Just out of curiosity Ch1ck can you put any names to the "larger,better run and more profitable suitors". At some point people will realise that although MXM is being picked up for a modest sum, the enlarged business will be worth far more than their current combined MCAPs. Its just a matter of time and ,looking at MXC's history, once the synergy has been completed who's to say the while shebang wont be sold off for 3p+.|
I think that's because it's more like a merger than regular wham bang takeover.|
|Maxima shares look to to be the better buy than Red as they are still at a discount to the offer price of 28p.I bought these on the take over announcement and have been surprised that they have not moved closer to this price.I welcome news like this out to day but wonder why they have agreed to the take over at such a low price as they were tipped to be a hot take over target by larger, better run and more profitable suitors.Going it alone would have shown that the prospect of a decent profit was on the cards over the next few years. There seems to be something not right with this whole bid|
Well spotted , I would surmise however the £900k includes things like seperate audit and tax advice fees as well, reading the context I think they mean they think £900k could be saved.
In reality nevers works like that of course.
I had figure in my head of £200k for a listing as well which always seems a ridiculous sum and just goes on central london rents for some dopey advisers.|
|This deal looks very likely to proceed. Those of us who bought MXM on account of Mr. Smith's arrival cannot complain since he knows both companies well and will continue at the helm. I have probably paid an average of 25p for my shares and was getting a little worried before this announcement.
One point does bother me a little and this is the claim that £900,000 p.a. can be saved by having a single AIM quotation for the combined company rather than one for MXM and another for RED.
Does it really cost this much to maintain an AIM quotation ? Several AIM companies in which I hold shares are smaller than MXM and I supposed that the cost was nearer £200,000. No wonder we see AIM companies abandon this market.
Another point I would make is that shares quoted at about 1p are less attractive than those quoted at about 10p because the spread tends to be higher as a percentage.
I wish RED would consolidate its capital and this seems a good opportunity that they have decided not to take.|
I don't know the structure of MXC capital, is there not other partners?
You may have a point but I would be fairly sure it's in the nuances of if shares owned through a company or directly etc.
If you get to the bottom of it and there is something in it unfortunately I'm sorry to say it the authorities will do nothing about it - lse,fsa etc. all completely pointless and not interested in doing anything about law and rule breaking, country has degenerated.|
|The Maxima Directors have irrevocably undertaken to vote in favour of the Acquisition and Scheme Resolutions in respect of their entire beneficial shareholdings in Maxima, amounting to, in aggregate, 3,582,651 Maxima Shares, representing approximately 10.2 per cent. of the existing issued ordinary share capital of Maxima.
MXC capital aka Ian Smith had 5,100,000 shares at last count. It looks like they have been selling so why no RNS's?|
|My conclusion is that this is better than nothing.
What exasperates from the results is that there are far too many one off costs which smacks of badly handled change management , the phrase 'to fund the necessary further reduction in our cost base' is ridiculous - if it's worth doing it will finance itself.|
|Red is new trading at 1p to buy and should push to 1.5p this in turn will push the price of MAX shares to 28p or above.
The push to buy RED shares makes sence up to 1p after that it makes more sence to buy Max shares ay you will be buying at a 16% discount reducing as the price rises to 28p.
After that the price will flip between the two companies up to completion|
|Great news if like me you have just bought may be not so hot if you have been here for a long time.
I have done the sums and the premium of 28 shares for each share you hold works out at a profit of 16% if you buy at 24p or below provided the RED share issued at 1p dont fall in price.
I had the choice of buying RED or MAX today and plumped for MAX. Tried to buy 40000 but could not fill the order for mor than 20000.
Unsusually both shares have risen, this is due to the isses of new RED shares at 1p.
I am sure there will be some heated comments on this board.|
|When I called them last week the woman I spoke with told me either they were going to be out in that current week or this one. She did sound kind of nervy on the phone as if she were wrestling with a cat in a bag!|
|Strange that Techno. I asked last week and I was informed that results would be this week. Something going on ?|
|Dropped them a note to confirm when the results would be released. Response was in the next fortnight.
|Had a few myself today first thing. GLA.|
Did not buy that much but it moved the price up 6% looks to me as if the seller is out of the market.
I don't think it will take much to move this stock to 30 +|
|well done Ch1ck
If you could just buy a few million more and get the price to £1.50...|
|TechInvest - best technology stock letter imo.|
|well done Ch1ck ....I'm sure you wont be disappointed!|
|Bought in today, this was speculative buy on good results being released.|
|whats your beef with them Rhotoid?|
|Don't like the way it's dropped again, especially with results due, but I agree wh1spa doesn't seem to be any big holders selling.
Wouldn't read Tech Invest if they paid me.|
|I would be more worried if there were RNS's detailing any Insti's pulling out. It would be interesting to see if an equally low volume of purchases raised the share price My guts say that the big holders are sitting tight and waiting for PE to make a move. It would be interesting to see if Tech Invest have changed their stance. (Does anyone out there have access to their August Newsletter?)|