||EPS - Basic
||Market Cap (m)
Lavendon Share Discussion Threads
Showing 3126 to 3150 of 3150 messages
|Sold out now and re-invested elsewhere. Been a good ride.|
|Depends on where you got in. If you were in sub 130 then take the cash and re-invest. There speaks the man who did just that at 2.20!!!|
the big fella
|Thanks Doc. So we have 270p firm and an outside chance of a new bidder. Most likely that would be a US company taking advantage of the £/$ situation. It's not obvious what to do here.|
|sp was showing 272 earlier, don't know if this was a real price or theoretical / data blip. My guess is there is outside chance of another (third) bidder still appearing, but less likely as days tick buy.|
|Anyone got a view on what to do here? I'm very undecided as to whether to stick or twist!|
|Sold at 269.22. Todays little drop on the news has cost me £1,200 but having originally bought around 140 I was happy to hold and see if TVH upped their offer. Good luck all.|
sell it high
|So share price down to 268.25, circa 0.6% below loxam 270 offer.
Given possible long time for formalities/ and payment, my guess the share price still factors in a slim chance of a third party bid.
And I assume Loxam bid is not contractually binding yet.
All IMO. :-)|
|TVH will not increase offer beyond 261p.|
|Ya see that?
At 8.06 my phone says 286 and no rns.
Go to pc at 8.15 to investigate and it's gawn down to 278.
I'm guessing it's MM's being opportunistic with opening price.
You calling me impatient eh eh eh.... ;-)|
|275 seemed to be a finger in the air consensus.
I expect any price above that to reflect the value of:
1) Two way cross-selling(hiring) with bidco
2)Admin streamlining if bidco has like structure.
|The right thing to do so far has been nothing. Still think that's the best plan-still tempting to let a few go at 276p.|
|Mrtutz I would imagine that Ashtead could be willing to get involved if TVH were to want a partner if I remember correctly last time Ashtead would have taken the uk company and TVH the rest. Ashtead have plenty of headroom within their debt package so who knows|
|Stu1210 I'm not sure Ashtead are interested anymore. I would have thought that they would have been involved before now, although they have been buying ex hewden depots and I seem to remember they made an acquisition recently, so they might be in the buying mood|
|Sold half at 276.Lets see what happens... 271 from TVH ?|
|Could Ashtead join forces with TVH again as they did a few years back?|
|We've come a long way from 205p. Bid over 300p eventually?|
|It's only M & G who have committed to their terms, so others are free to accept a higher bid even if less than 11p higher. Since LVH have already claimed they have got 20% of the stock, it's still all to play for IMO.|
|mrtutz, my thoughts exactly. Genie and JLG must be abreast of the situation.|
|I can't see TVH coming up another 11 pence but you never know....|
|Irrevocable unless a further bid comes in 4% above the Loxam offer.|
sell it high
|270p offer from Loxam. M&G irrevocable acceptance.|
|I'm not discounting another bidder too. Dyor|
I work for Lavendon and hold a few thousand shares in part of the employee share option scheme. I think that there's going to be a move by someone tail end of the week. I wouldn't rule out another bid from a 3rd party company, maybe one of the large US rental businesses. It would be a good move as it would give them access to the profitable UK and ME businesses. I'm playing the waiting game for now.|
Wot no news?
They have now had time for background talks, look at figures etc, form 8.* seem to have largely diminished and share price steady, apart from minor wobble today.
What's the delay, waiting for article 50?, judgement day?
Hit snooze zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz|
|Rather odd that the elephant in the room doesn't even get a mention?!|